Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I think I just watched the play that will get Spags fired

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: I think I just watched the play that will get Spags fired

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    ... GIVE MCDANIELS THE REIGNS SCREW IT!!! AT LEAST HE WILL LIGHT A FIRE UNDER THEIR ASSES
    Just like he did in Denver? Puhlease

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Spags now has coached a defense and special teams that has not scored a touchdown in 32 straight games.

That's actually something I can live with, but not while the offense has scored an average of 8.9 points while the defense has given up 26.7 points in seven straight loses.

His record is now 8 wins and 30 loses as a Rams headcoach. Yeah, Im tired of waiting...
    Last edited by SavageRam; -10-23-2011 at 08:01 PM.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

You guys really thought the Rams had a chance to win this game?

Now that's funny.

Last time I checked, Spags wasn't the one missing tackles, missing assignments, missing catches. When are the PLAYERS going to take ownership for their miserable performances?

Don't blame the players on the field, blame the guy on the sidelines. Yeah, that works. Typical of todays thinking. I think these overpaid, overhyped players of today are to blame. They play great in college but as soon as they get the big paycheck, it's no longer about the game, it's about the money. The bling.... "Who cares if I make the tackle, I'm still getting that new Cadillac Escalade with the 24" wheels and the big diamond earrings...". Yeah.. fire Spags, that's the problem.
    Bar-bq and Rambunctious like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    You guys really thought the Rams had a chance to win this game?

Now that's funny.

Last time I checked, Spags wasn't the one missing tackles, missing assignments, missing catches. When are the PLAYERS going to take ownership for their miserable performances?

Don't blame the players on the field, blame the guy on the sidelines. Yeah, that works. Typical of todays thinking. I think these overpaid, overhyped players of today are to blame. They play great in college but as soon as they get the big paycheck, it's no longer about the game, it's about the money. The bling.... "Who cares if I make the tackle, I'm still getting that new Cadillac Escalade with the 24" wheels and the big diamond earrings...". Yeah.. fire Spags, that's the problem.

You got to be kidding me with this. What players specifically are you talking about here?
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -10-23-2011 at 08:05 PM.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER,

So Spags should have absolutely no resposibility for what's going on on the field?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Spags didnt miss multiple tackles. Spags didnt fumble the ball. Spags didnt make the O-line get zero push off the line. Spags didnt give Bradford a high ankle sprain. Everyone of you are getting incredibly annoying with your broken record blah blah blah FIRE SPAGS FIRE DEVANEY. Never blame the players it's always the coach. Sometimes the players have to take a little responsibility for their penalties and mistakes on the field. You can believe whatever you want but I can guarantee that the man or built a defense that stopped the highest scoring offense in history hasnt forgotten how to coach.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER,

So Spags should have absolutely no resposibility for what's going on on the field?
    Nobody said Spags has no resposibility for his players. What is a misconception is that the coach has to be blamed for every mistake the players make when he is not the one out their playing.

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Spags didnt miss multiple tackles. Spags didnt fumble the ball. Spags didnt make the O-line get zero push off the line. Spags didnt give Bradford a high ankle sprain. Everyone of you are getting incredibly annoying with your broken record blah blah blah FIRE SPAGS FIRE DEVANEY. Never blame the players it's always the coach. Sometimes the players have to take a little responsibility for their penalties and mistakes on the field. You can believe whatever you want but I can guarantee that the man or built a defense that stopped the highest scoring offense in history hasnt forgotten how to coach.
    Say I own a car dealership, and I make you the manager. Its your task to hire a crew of 53 salesmen to sell my cars. In the first month your crew only sells one car. I give you more time to work with your sales crew, but still they struggle to sell only 7 cars in the second month. You get rid of some of the salesmen, and hire some new guys. But its almost halfway through month three and your crew has yet to sell a single car. Now would it be wise for me to hold you accountable and fire you for not assembling a good enough sales crew or doing a good enough job of helping them sell cars? Or should I blame the 53 sales people and fire all of them, and give you more time? Its the same logic at play here.

Spags is 8-30.
    RamDez, MoonJoe, SFCRamFan and 3 others like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Nobody said Spags has no resposibility for his players. What is a misconception is that the coach has to be blamed for every mistake the players make when he is not the one out their playing.
    This just makes too much sense for some of the knee jerk reactions on this board.
    I have yet to see any coach in any sport score or make a defensive stop.

I don't think everyone is blaming Spags for every little mistake the players make. At least I'm not, not even close. But I do attribute Spags at least some responsibility for what the OVERALL product is like on the field. What's on the field right now is a complete laughing stock.

But I guess blind loyalties to regimes can be found in every facet of life, be it employer, government, even recreational team sport.

And please, can we refrain from the overused axiom "he is not the one out there playing" it is getting very annoying.
    ManofGod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Say I own a car dealership, and I make you the manager. Its your task to hire a crew of 53 salesmen to sell my cars. In the first month your crew only sells one car. I give you more time to work with your sales crew, but still they struggle to sell only 7 cars in the second month. You get rid of some of the salesmen, and hire some new guys. But its almost halfway through month three and your crew has yet to sell a single car. Now would it be wise for me to hold you accountable and fire you for not assembling a good enough sales crew or doing a good enough job of helping them sell cars? Or should I blame the 53 sales people and fire all of them, and give you more time? Its the same logic at play here.

Spags is 8-30.
    Your metaphor is logically inconsistent. It does not account for any of the challenges that professional football players have to deal with, most importantly injuries.

coach [verb]- a : a private tutor b : one who instructs or trains <an acting coach>; especially : one who instructs players in the fundamentals of a competitive sport and directs team strategy

This is Steve Spagnuolo's job.

The Rams lack fundamentals, play non-competitively, and the coach's strategy has failed 30 times in the past 38 games. What don't you guys understand?
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Your metaphor is logically inconsistent. It does not account for any of the challenges that professional football players have to deal with, most importantly injuries.
    True, but injuries don't account for everything. Good teams find a way to persevere, or at the very least have the depth to stay competitive.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    coach [verb]- a : a private tutor b : one who instructs or trains <an acting coach>; especially : one who instructs players in the fundamentals of a competitive sport and directs team strategy

This is Steve Spagnuolo's job.

The Rams lack fundamentals, play non-competitively, and the coach's strategy has failed 30 times in the past 38 games. What don't you guys understand?
    I have to agree with this.

Yes spags isnt causing false starts, he isnt dropping balls, he isnt opening holes, he isnt tackling etc.

But guess what he is doing....hes coaching these guys to make takcles, block, catch, not create turnovers, and apparently hes not doing a good job at it.

The team is only as good as the coaching staff.

what you all are saying is we could bring in some bum off the street and we'd win games as long as the players played right...yea, thatd happen, players would of course make the right plays and play good even with a guy coaching them who knows nothing about football.

yes i am exagerating a bit i know this, but saying its the players, and not the coach, is just rediculous. lets just say its both the players and the coach that are a problem. but you know what, with a diffrent coach, the players might be playing diffrent. with new players, the coach would still coach the same.
    SavageRam and Fettmaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    I don't think everyone is blaming Spags for every little mistake the players make. At least I'm not, not even close. But I do attribute Spags at least some responsibility for what the OVERALL product is like on the field. What's on the field right now is a complete laughing stock.

But I guess blind loyalties to regimes can be found in every facet of life, be it employer, government, even recreational team sport.

And please, can we refrain from the overused axiom "he is not the one out there playing" it is getting very annoying.
    Your Ad Hominem attacks make your post invalid but I will go ahead and bite.
    Do you realize that every time spags elects to bring any type of pressure our Corners are immediately exploited for large gains? This is not the system, this is the sub product of us starting what should be a nickel and dime corner in a 1 and 2 spot. This essentially makes us rush only 4 at any given time unless we want to be beat deep for a touchdown. Dropping some many into coverage means that large holes can open up in rushing lanes which is what you saw today.
    Now to offense, our receivers are bad. Dropping balls is not something a coach can fix, this is a problem a receivers should not have since it is their profesion, it literally should not be a probelm. This effects the offense in almost every way. Defensses stack the box so now there is no running lane especially for an aging jackson. We cant go downfield, our receivers cant beat their coverage. The problem is that who were we expected to get that was an upgrade at receiver? Atlanta moved way up to take Jones, who else was on the market that we could have reasonably gotten?
    Finally the first half of our schedule is probably the roughest. Even in preseason when expectation were high did you expect to win against Philly, Greenbay, Dallas, or Baltimore. All teams that have had a much longer time to build their team then ours. So before you blame every thing on spags how about you take a second and realize what he is acutally dealing with and not just throw attacks at him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast