Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I think I just watched the play that will get Spags fired

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Re: I think I just watched the play that will get Spags fired

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    A Rookie... R-O-O-K-I-E!! Just trampled over the D like they were trying to run up an escalator backwards, pretty much tripped over themselves and tumbled down.

Anyway, here's to hoping next week is better than the last.
    For the past few years every game someone from the opposing offense has what i call, a hof game..... A game where career highs set. I cnt recall the eagls game but Victor cruz, torrey smith, jordy nelson, mike torain, and now murray which by the way should be a ram, have all did it this year. Last year was the year of the tightend and or slot reciever. The year before that it was every running back got over 100yrds a game

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The problem i have is that every excuse that gets brought up to try and defend Spags, doesn't work.

They only had a short offseason? So did every other team.
    The players aren't great quality? They should have got in better
    The players lack fundamentals? They should have brought in better and should have coached them better
    They keep committing penalties? They should have been coached better
    The playcalling is terrible? Coaching
    Game management is terrible? Coaching
    They need more time? Spags is in his 3rd year as HC

What is the most staggering though is the regression from last year. After all the so called improvements, in FA and the draft, we have actually got worse. How can that be explained? It's actually ridiculous.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

About the D, Spagnuolo needs good DL, MLB and CB for his system, we miss the last one unfortunately...
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The Cowboys came into this game with an average at best O-line and a less then average running game. NOT ANYMORE!

FRUSTRATED!

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    The point is that the team was so bad in 2009 that Spags and Devaney had to spend two years to at least get quality starters. When those quality starters get injured there has been little to no time to acquire depth at these positions. Worse when those starters dont pan out (which is common for every team in the NFL) we are doubly screwed. To make things worse the rock that the rams could lean on for years is coming to the end of his career, so we dont have much of that anymore. So dont say that the majority of the problem is Spags when he has been hit by a torrential storm of bad luck this whole season. This team is being built the right way, ask Bill Polian or Mike Smith who have both said so.
    Yes, Devaney and Spags inherited a real mess. Progress isn't always straight-forward and linear, but the bottom totally falling out after a 7-9 season is more than just a bump in the progress road....it's getting stuck in a crater. Looking at who Devaney has drafted and his FA signings and how they have performed is how he's judged, as is the contracts signed since there is the salary cap reality in the NFL. Either Devaney is acquiring the wrong players for this franchise or Spags and staff can't coach them. Or both. The high draft picks the Rams have had are on the whole performing poorly. The big chunk of money spent on the OL
    has been a poor investment so far and eats up a lot of cap money. The inability to address the WR issue before this past week has stalled progress on offense and Bradford's development. The LB issue has been real for years and not addressed besides JL and then revolving scrubs at the other LB positions.

There are plenty of valid excuses and so on, though the schedule isn't at the top when 3 of these losses have come against non-playoff teams last year and in only one game so far have the Rams been competitive at all. Excuses don't cut it. 0-6 is bad enough, but the lack of competitiveness is the most glaring sign of how far down this team is.
    live4ramin likes this.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Say I own a car dealership, and I make you the manager. Its your task to hire a crew of 53 salesmen to sell my cars. In the first month your crew only sells one car. I give you more time to work with your sales crew, but still they struggle to sell only 7 cars in the second month. You get rid of some of the salesmen, and hire some new guys. But its almost halfway through month three and your crew has yet to sell a single car. Now would it be wise for me to hold you accountable and fire you for not assembling a good enough sales crew or doing a good enough job of helping them sell cars? Or should I blame the 53 sales people and fire all of them, and give you more time? Its the same logic at play here.

Spags is 8-30.
    You forgot to mention that when you hired Spags to take over your car lot the lot was full of broken down pieces of crap missing everything from windshield wipers to motors. A whole sale replacing of the crappy cars for great cars was impossible because the car lot's financial books were also cooked beyond belief. You car lot was set-up to fail.

Look I'm not saying Spags doesn't share in the blame but... the oline of the Pats doesn't give Brady all day because they are afraid Belichick is going to yell at them. They are overly grown men battling in the trenches against other overly grown men. A 5 foot nothing of an old man raising his voice isn't going to put the fear of God in them. They perform well because they work hard, train hard, have pride in what they do and mostly importantly have the belief that they can do it.

To me mentality is key on both sides of the ball. I believe when our oline lines up they are thinking "Oh no." and the other team is thinking "Oh yes." If your mind is not right your body won't follow.

Just my two cents.

Truth is offline Registered User

It's really like a perfect storm that's keeping this team down. We have an offense that our new QB is comfortable, and performs well in, then we lose to OC as he moves to take a HC position. We have a group of very green receivers that need to be taught how to play, and linemen on bothsides of the ball that need time to work together to gel, then we get a lockout. None of the things we need to happen, can happen. Finally, we get a new CBA, and our team can get to work. Only the team is hamstrung by a CBA that severly limits the amount and type of practicing a team can do. Off season prctices were limited to one-a-days, for a very short period of time. You can practice in full pads only 14 times during the regular season. Eleven of those practices must occur once a week during the first 11 weeks of the season. What a bunch of nancy-boys in the NFL. Are they afraid they'll break a nail in practice?
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    You forgot to mention that when you hired Spags to take over your car lot the lot was full of broken down pieces of crap missing everything from windshield wipers to motors. A whole sale replacing of the crappy cars for great cars was impossible because the car lot's financial books were also cooked beyond belief. You car lot was set-up to fail.
    That excuse worked for the 1-15 season, and it worked last year. Right now, there are literally only a handful of players on this team left over from the previous regime. The guys on this team are Spags guys. Its year three, and the Rams look like the worst team he's fielded yet. Enough is enough.

Look I'm not saying Spags doesn't share in the blame but... the oline of the Pats doesn't give Brady all day because they are afraid Belichick is going to yell at them. They are overly grown men battling in the trenches against other overly grown men. A 5 foot nothing of an old man raising his voice isn't going to put the fear of God in them. They perform well because they work hard, train hard, have pride in what they do and mostly importantly have the belief that they can do it.
    Well first of all the Pats do a much better job of finding talent than the Rams so that's a major factor in why their O-line is better than ours. Secondly, its not the fact that Belichick's yelling puts the fear of God into their players. Its the fact that they know he's mad at them, and they know if he stays mad at them, they get benched, cut, or traded to Oakland. What happens when a Rams players screws up? Spags gives them a hug. What does Spags say when the Rams get blown out? "We fought hard, I'm proud of our guys." There's no accountability for failure. If the Pats got blown out by the Boys last week, do you think that's what Belichick would say? No, he'd tell the press that they sucked, and he's extremely disappointed. We have another lame-duck coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Finally, we get a new CBA, and our team can get to work. Only the team is hamstrung by a CBA that severly limits the amount and type of practicing a team can do. Off season prctices were limited to one-a-days, for a very short period of time. You can practice in full pads only 14 times during the regular season. Eleven of those practices must occur once a week during the first 11 weeks of the season.
    This goes for the other 31 teams in the NFL!!
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -10-24-2011 at 02:33 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Im tired of the excuses, when do they run out? I mean we were down 20-7 and got the ball and ran it 3 straight times??? Someones head should roll for that reason alone. I have an idea, lets have the opposing team drive down the field on us and kick a field goal then when we get the ball backwe will just run it 3 straight times and punt it back to to them and put our great performing defense right back on the field. We get a turnover and of course go 3 and out.

Sure we have had a lot of injuries to our db's. Does this excuse the d-line for giving up 290 plus yds on the ground. I could see if we gave up 400 yds and 5 tds to Romo blaming the injuries but last time I checked we dont have injuries on the d line and linebacking crew. I dont neccessarily want to see a coaching change just because we are already ruining Bradford but there may be no other choice. It just isnt looking good. We should have at least 2 wins by now. You can sit here and say no one expects us to beat so and so because you have to step up and beat unexpected opponents from time to time. Aside from Miami and Indianapolis everyone is at least competeing for wins. Even Indy almost upset Tampa. Who have we alsmost upset? No one and this falls onto coaching and front office if you ask me. If you want to blame the players this is fine. You must also look at who is handpicking these players and putting them into the positions to play. So while I agree the players take some blame they are only there becuase our coaching staff and front office chose to put them there. Right now I can only name a handful of guys performing to a level they should be.

I dont see Bellichek having this much trouble with his guys do you? Their defense is atrocious but they step up when needed, and I hate the Pats. The Whiners have a good defense but Alex Smith sucks yet they are 5-1 so what gives? Did Alex Smith just miraculously become Joe Montana or have they all been coached up by Harbaugh? Same players but they have beaten some good teams. They barely lost to Dallas and have beaten Detroit,Philly and Tampa. The Rams on the other hand have lost to two of those three teams. The lack of heart of this team just kills me.

Stop with the excuses every team has issues but our corners vs Dallas were the least of our issues. Not to mention against Green Bay aside from the Jordy Nelson debacle our corners kept everything in front of them and played decent holding GB to 24 points. Our offense cant do anything which hopefully is more of a sytem thing but I dont know. Our o-line played a little better against Dallas then it has all year.

Im just done with excuses and want to see improvement.
    Last edited by rammiser; -10-24-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    Just Fix It

ram1906 is offline Registered User

I was at the game on Sunday and saw in the players eyes and body language, a team that needs a change. No fire , no enthusiam, no heart. But of those three intangibles, the thing that disturb me the most was Spags' unit (the D) having bad technique and poor fundementals. And that is all on Spags. ....

bradwill is offline Registered User

The Colts quit against the Saints and NO didn't let up. If the Rams play the same game where they seemingly gave up int he 2nd half, it will get really really ugly.

The 2nd half vs. the Cowboys reminded me of the last days of Linehan where the team pretty much quit on him.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I'm guessing we're going to let Mark Ingram rush for 300+ yards next week?
    Sadly Since Anthony Quinn doesn't seem to have made a difference for us from the defensive side of the ball , should we have taken Mark Ingram during the 2011 draft?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I'm guessing we're going to let Mark Ingram rush for 300+ yards next week?
    FYI. Ingram has a bruised heel, is listed as "day to day" and questionable for the game next week.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

It is just so sad to watch this team that so many held in high regard after last season. It is truly pathetic to see such a low level of play out of all facets of this team. I don't know where the answer lies, but perhaps we need someone with true NFL experience to run football operations. I think that Stan needs to find a guru to right this ship immediately....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    FYI. Ingram has a bruised heel, is listed as "day to day" and questionable for the game next week.
    So what your saying is Sproles will have his first ever 400 yd combined yardage game?
    Just Fix It

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast