Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I think it's time........

I can't speak for the rest of the Clan but I had our RAMS winning 3 games this season. As we all know they have won 6. Doubled my expectations! (Which makes me very happy) The fact that we are in the playoff hunt makes for a more than interesting season. In reality, I consider us very lucky to be in the playoff hunt.

I've been reading alot of negative opinions concerning our team here at the Clan. That's why I think it's time that we all go back to the offseason and recap our own personal feelings and expectations for our team. Sort of like a slap back into reality.

The bottom line in my opinion is that we are a team on the rise. Losing to the Falcons, Saints and Chiefs has reminded me of that. I haven't given up on our team and our playoff chances by any means but I have accepted that every win over 3 is bonus, at least for me.

GO RAMS!!!!

thermobee is online now Registered User

Re: I think it's time........

Someone finally understands where we are at. We are a rebuilding team that is lucky to be in the playoff hunt because of the weak division. Thats it. Period. We are a couple of playmakers away from contending every year but we are not quiet there yet.

I agree, we need more players, we are not that far away.

We could also do with 50,000 rabid Ram fans that can fill empty seats

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

My preseason prediction for the Rams in 2010 was 5-11. So far, they're 6-8, which means they've already exceeded my expectations and could continue doing so with wins in the next two weeks.

I anticipated San Francisco and Arizona would be competing for the NFC West's division title, and instead it's the Rams and Seahawks (w/ the ***** as a dark horse). I think we need to be realistic and understand that a six-win team competing for a division title and playoff spot says more about the quality of the division than it does the team in the driver's seat, but there's no doubt the Rams have made improvements to the team they fielded last year.

The Rams have certainly done better in 2010 than I thought they would, both in terms of wins and how they've played (at least at times). With another successful offseason, there's no reason the Rams shouldn't continue to improve and continue to emerge.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram
    I had our RAMS winning 3 games this season.
    I had them at 4 with a win against each NFC-W team and another win out there somewhere. They've already outplayed what I expected.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

While I am happy the Rams have exceeded many people's expectations, I reject the notion that "we should just be happy" or " we shouldn't be upset" with failure this late in the season. Looking back and being happy with where we finished as opposed to our pre-season projected record is something to do AFTER THE SEASON, not a day after a home loss vs. an intrastate rival. I don't subscribe to the "house money" theory. Given what we have a chance to achieve- an NFC Title, improbable as it may be- yesterday was all the more disappointing.

I've said this before: Expectations have changed. And while I recognize our very real weaknesses, when a team is in the thick of things, fans are reasonable in expecting success, especially when the other teams in the division are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey
    fans are reasonable in expecting success
    Fans are reasonable if they expect reasonable success.

Some fans see the 6 wins, and assume this team is an 8 win team. To them the team does not meet expectations. However, I still see them as a 4 win team. To get up to 6 wins is impressive. An 8 win division championship? That would be amazing. It doesn't change the fact that they are still a 4-win team that played beyond themselves.

I HOPE they win the next two games. I do not EXPECT them to win the next two games. There's a big difference.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I think I picked them to win 4 games this year, and that was with Avery, so 6, and possibly 8 and making the playoffs is way beyond what I expected to happen. Minus Amendola, our WR core is a joke. To make the playoffs with this JV squad would be a miracle.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Fans are reasonable if they expect reasonable success.

Some fans see the 6 wins, and assume this team is an 8 win team. To them the team does not meet expectations. However, I still see them as a 4 win team. To get up to 6 wins is impressive. An 8 win division championship? That would be amazing. It doesn't change the fact that they are still a 4-win team that played beyond themselves.

I HOPE they win the next two games. I do not EXPECT them to win the next two games. There's a big difference.

Fair enough. But San Francisco and Seattle are both poor teams, and their record and personnel in many areas indicate they are evenly matched with the Rams. The Rams have a better QB and RB than both of these teams. It is reasonable to think the Rams will beat these teams if they play well.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Fair enough. But San Francisco and Seattle are both poor teams, and their record and personnel in many areas indicate they are evenly matched with the Rams. The Rams have a better QB and RB than both of these teams. It is reasonable to think the Rams will beat these teams if they play well.
    Totally agree. On paper, those are both winnable games

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Looking at the last several years and remembering the feeling of the Rams always being an afterthought even before the halfway point of the season, I'm extremely exicited about the next two games and beyond. The fact that a week 15 game is going to be a meaningful, major event is more than I could have hoped for.

Bottom line, we're alive and kicking!

MACD is offline Registered User

We've won as many games this year as we've won in the last three years. God, you'd think as much as people *****ed and moaned about hearing 3-48 from the media that EVERY STINKING ONE OF US WOULD BE ELATED RIGHT NOW.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If I recall correctly, I had us winning 6 or 7 and thought that 8-8 would constitute a "successful" season.

I thought our defensive line was going to be a weakness again after Hall's milquetoast season in 2009 and what seemed to be half-hearted efforts by the front office to address the line in the off-season. I was wrong, of course. Hall rebounded, and Robbins turned out to be a key free agent acquisition. I did think Selvie might have a bright future as a situational pass rusher, and that at least still might come true. I also thought that we'd play Saffold at left tackle since Smith seemed more suited to right...but I didn't expect Saffold to slide into that role quite so smoothly. I thought Robinson had decent odds to be our no. 1 receiver, putting Amendola down as a possible #2 but better suited for a #3.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Are we all throwing in the towel? I am so glad the season is over for some of you, but its not for me so bear with me. If we win the next 3 games, we go 9-8 and have an opertunity to win 10. I happen to like that idea. SO LET ME HAVE IT.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Are we all throwing in the towel? I am so glad the season is over for some of you, but its not for me so bear with me. If we win the next 3 games, we go 9-8 and have an opertunity to win 10. I happen to like that idea. SO LET ME HAVE IT.
    So the 18 game regular season has started already?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast