View Poll Results: I think the Rams can beat the Texans. That make me...

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coo-coo for Cocoa-puffs.

5 10.20%
  • A wide-eyed optimist.

2 4.08%
  • A man with great insight (because I feel the same way!)

4 8.16%
  • As Bane said to Batman: "Admirable... but mistaken."

8 16.33%
  • Too influenced by the Rams' win and the Texans recent struggles.

12 24.49%
  • In for a world of hurt come Sunday.

3 6.12%
  • Out on a limb but, perhaps, not entirely wrong.

15 30.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: I think the Rams can beat the Texans. That makes me...

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: I think the Rams can beat the Texans. That makes me...

Shwab is having his problems with decision making and multiple pick sixes. The buzz is he might be benched.

Dial up the heat Fish.
    RamDez likes this.

"The horror"

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Part of me says we have a chance of winning the way Matt Schaub been throwing pick six's. The other part of me sees Andre and Arian tearing our defense up.

Out on a limb but, perhaps, but not entirely wrong.

Randart is offline Registered User

I think it is definately a winable game for us. That being said I went with the consensus choice of Out on a limb with no paddle to get back up stream! Would be nice to count on Schwab keeping his record shattering pace of Pic Sixes going and possiably setting a record that may never be broken. That would make me very happy, also as you guys pointed out many many things need to go right for us! Hard to believe that Matt might set this record bar I would have guessed some guy like Ryan Leaf or J. Russel would have this record of pic sixes. Got to be bizarre for Matt S. to think it was going to be a chance at the super bowl but instead going down in the record books in a infamous fashion! His Infamy, shall linger for Houston fans to come...
    RamDez likes this.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    Bradford needs to step up and run this offense and take command. No more being timid! If we are to win he needs to throw the ball downfield. Enough of the little dink passes. Air the ball out. Last year he did not have the receivers to throw to. He does not have that excuse this year. We got the guys to throw to, its time to see if Bradford can throw!
    I keep hearing this from you but and I would like some examples that support your view please. Because I saw the opposite of your view of Bradford during and it was especailly evident during the Rams comeback against the Cardinals, Falcons, and Jaqs. Bradford took over and substained drives and put the ball in the end zone. I did not see the passive or timid Bradford you talked about. I did see a frustrated Bradford in the whinners game. He the team and the coaching staff looked awful but that was one game in 5. I don't see a pattern as of yet and hope not to see it.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Rams win this one.
    RamDez likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I went with too influenced by the Rams win and the Texans' struggles. The Texans are still a good football club, and with the Rams struggles to stop the run, I'd expect Foster to have a nice fantasy day. That combined with J.J. Watt, I'm expecting a Texans win.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

RamDez, AvengerRam and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Years ago (before I started reading and posting here) I would say thinking the Rams can beat the texans simply makes you a normal Rams fan.

Of course that was before I found out that many Rams fans don't go into a season or the next game thinking that we can win. And I used to say that's a loser's mentality. Maybe that's wrong, maybe it's just reality. Then again, doesn't that defeat the purpose of being a fan?

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    Years ago (before I started reading and posting here) I would say thinking the Rams can beat the texans simply makes you a normal Rams fan.

Of course that was before I found out that many Rams fans don't go into a season or the next game thinking that we can win. And I used to say that's a loser's mentality. Maybe that's wrong, maybe it's just reality. Then again, doesn't that defeat the purpose of being a fan?
    during the 70's, I believed Rams would beat their opponent every week. during GSOT, I would say I felt the Rams were invincible. Since 1990 sans the aforementioned GSOT 1999-2004, not so much. I hope someday to feel like we have a chance every Sunday.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    during the 70's, I believed Rams would beat their opponent every week. during GSOT, I would say I felt the Rams were invincible. Since 1990 sans the aforementioned GSOT 1999-2004, not so much. I hope someday to feel like we have a chance every Sunday.
    I'm with you on the 70's Rams and GSOT - I did expect to win regularly.The team we have now is kind of like Forrest Gump's "box of chocolates" line in that you never know which Rams team you’re going to get come Sunday. Last year our D mostly hung tough in there and kept us in games - some of which we actually won! This year, it is harder (for me anyway) to gauge the pulse of this team. Against Dallas, the team pulse was pretty weak - probably would have been taken off life support in a hospital.

Part of me would like to know how many big plays have been called back because of stupid penalties, and another part says: You don’t really want to know – just move on. Both the offense and defense this year have had some big plays - that said - too many have been called back.

Can we beat the Texans? I believe our team is capable – yes. Will we? That depends on which Ram team shows up. I’ll admit the Texans’ D-line vs our O-line would appear to be a matchup strongly favoring the Texans. I don’t know that much about Houston’s O-line, so perhaps we can return the favor. Someone mentioned Schaub might be benched, but so far as I could find out, Schaub will start against us. That doesn’t guarantee Matt won’t get the hook if he stinks it up though. If he were to be replaced by Yates or Keenum, the Rams would have yet another splendid opportunity to make a relatively unknown Qb look like a Pro Bowler.

Matt Schaub still Texans' starting QB, Gary Kubiak says
    By Gregg Rosenthal

(Excerpted)
    Schaub's performance was ugly, but Kubiak is sticking with him as the team's starter. The coach announced after the game that Schaub will start next week against the St. Louis Rams.

"This has to be rock bottom," Kubiak said.

Schaub isn't seeing the field well, and defenders are sitting on Houston's routes. The Texans never make defenses pay by going deep, and defenders like San Francisco's Tramaine Brock are reading Schaub's eyes and making quick breaks on the ball.

The final numbers for Schaub aren't pretty: 19-of-35 passing for 173 yards and zero touchdown passes with three interceptions. The Texans scored three points in Schaub's last five quarters before he got the hook. This was a team that many predicted to make the Super Bowl.

The question now becomes: How much longer can Kubiak stick with Schaub?

The interceptions have been brutal, but Schaub has enjoyed positive moments this season. (He entered the game with a a passer rating close to the league average.) Kubiak didn't seem thrilled with Yates' development in the offseason, and the team considered giving Case Keenum the backup job. Kubiak probably doesn't trust Yates either. There's a reason why Schaub was paid nearly $30 million guaranteed in a contract signed early last year.

Kubiak knows this season still can be salvaged. He believes, for now, that Schaub is the best bet to save things.

I hope Zac Stacy will be healthy enough to play, and that he will start. He did well against the Jags before getting banged up. The thought of watching D. Richardson run between the tackles against the Texans is not pleasant. On the brighter side, Cookie, Kendricks, Harkey, Quick (especially Quick) Givens and Pettis really need to show up. It would be great if Schotty or anyone on the Rams staff could figure out a way to get more production out of Tavon, as up until now he’s mostly been a tit on a boar hog except on punt returns, but since they don’t seem to count for the Rams anyway – well, better I don’t go there. Lastly, Sam needs to keep his composure in a hostile environment and play mistake free football.

I can’t really make a choice from Av’s list, but before every Rams’ game I think we can win. If I didn’t, why would I even watch? So I am hoping the Rams come into Houston with a strong pulse, play hard and leave with a WIN! I could care less about how pretty it is, although a “pretty win” would be most agreeable. When was our last “pretty” one?
    RealRam and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

The operative word being "can".

Of course we know anybody "can" beat anybody on any given sunday, so there's certainly a possibility.

However, the last time we faced a playoff team that appeared to be struggling, we served as a springboard to getting them back on track.

With that said, and without making any predictions, I believe at the very least we will be competetive.
    macrammer likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

If [Schaub] were to be replaced by Yates or Keenum, the Rams would have yet another splendid opportunity to make a relatively unknown QB look like a Pro Bowler. -- MauiRam
    Noooooo!...
    MauiRam likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12