moloch41 is offline Registered User

I was under the impression that...

We brought Dante Hall in to be a punt returner? Why has he become the focal point of the offense? Al Saunders seems hell bent on getting the ball to this guy. Handoffs, end arounds, passes in critical situations- all going nowhere fast. Even when he manages to get some separation, he usually drops the ball- like he did on a crucial 3rd down yesterday. Why did we use two high draft picks on recievers if they're just going to sit the pine? If they're not ready for NFL caliber competition, wouldn't those picks have been better spent on a safety or linebacker who could help to replace guys like Chavous? I don't want to hear that rookie receivers can't contribute- Deshuan Jackson looked like he contributed to the Eagles pretty well last week- but we passed on him to take Avery- who apparently can't play more than a couple of plays without winding on the trainer's table. I like Dane Looker, but why is he starting before these guys- it's not like he's superior and helping us out any- the offense is awful with him in there, so why not put the young guys in and struggle with them instead?

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: I was under the impression that...

Agree at this point you have to get the young guys a chance. Linehan said that he would make a effort to get Burton some play.
    :ramlogo:

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

I wish we never got Dante now..i was pleased when we did as i thought it would help our Special teams..i never envisioned a scene that would involve him actually playing at WR.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch
    We brought Dante Hall in to be a punt returner? Why has he become the focal point of the offense? Al Saunders seems hell bent on getting the ball to this guy. Handoffs, end arounds, passes in critical situations- all going nowhere fast.
    Excellent question, monkey! (gotta spread it around a little, then you got rep coming)

This weekend, an insider that interacted with the Clan (I'll refrain from names in case anonymity is an issue) gave me the impression that maybe the inmates are running the asylum with Hall being an excellent example. It seems that Hall is extremely vocal about getting the ball more, and in attempt to give the players what they want.........his number keeps getting called.

It makes you wonder......who is actually in charge around there?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    We brought Dante Hall in to be a punt returner? Why has he become the focal point of the offense? Al Saunders seems hell bent on getting the ball to this guy. Handoffs, end arounds, passes in critical situations- all going nowhere fast. Even when he manages to get some separation, he usually drops the ball- like he did on a crucial 3rd down yesterday. Why did we use two high draft picks on recievers if they're just going to sit the pine? If they're not ready for NFL caliber competition, wouldn't those picks have been better spent on a safety or linebacker who could help to replace guys like Chavous? I don't want to hear that rookie receivers can't contribute- Deshuan Jackson looked like he contributed to the Eagles pretty well last week- but we passed on him to take Avery- who apparently can't play more than a couple of plays without winding on the trainer's table. I like Dane Looker, but why is he starting before these guys- it's not like he's superior and helping us out any- the offense is awful with him in there, so why not put the young guys in and struggle with them instead?
    Great post and while we don't usually agree I agree 100 % here. I mentioned the Hall thing in another post. He's terrible and isnt bringing anything to the table. He offered nothing on returns which is really why he's here. He offered even less as a wr. Looker is nice as a 3rd or 4th guy but your right Burton and Avery should be in there. What do we have to lose? We are getting beat 41-13 and 38-3 without them starting. How much worse could it be with them starting? I also mentioned Chavous he has to go he's just aweful. Tye Hill is equally as dreadful. I would start Brown and Bartell and use Manning and Wade as the nickel and dime backs. Heck let Tye Hill return kicks he's fast right? Might as well shake up the roster now and see what happens. Shake up the o-line too and give Bulger a chance.
    Just Fix It

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Dante Hall has no business being on the field except as a Kick Returner/Punt Returner.

How many of you remember us complaining about this 2 years ago? For some reason, Linehan thinks Dante is some kind of secret weapon, and also a "go-to" guy.

Now, with Saunders, they have re-inforced this love affair with the guy.

They continue to use Dante Hall, and Steven Jackson on these slow developing plays that are behind the line of scrimmage. NO MORE PLAYS THAT DO NOT INVOLVE THE BALL BEING THROWN FORWARD PASS THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

Dante Hall has no business being on the field, especially on 3rd down. This is actually exactly where Dane Looker should be on the field.

Remember when we were the class of the NFL when it came to NOT DROPPING PASSES. Well, Dane Looker was part of that group, and is still on the team, and although he doesn't upgrade our speed at the Skills positions, he does provide a 3rd down slot receiver, somewhat ala wes welker, and is a go-to guy who DOES NOT DROP THE BALL.

Dante is no longer a top tier Punt Returner/KR, but he is still ok. He's better than anything we've had in a long time. I see that most teams have a faster/younger guy than Dante, but as a Punt Returner/KR I am OK with him.

However, He should NEVER be on the field as a wide receiver for the St. Louis Rams.
    Last edited by renrawtruk; -09-15-2008 at 12:24 PM.

btimsah Guest

The only way to determine Dante Halls' age is to cut him in half and count the rings.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

On a side note, some guy named bruce had almost 160yards receiving for the ******. Why couldn't we get this guy

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    That's something you would expect from a competent FO, which we do not have. That had to be some of the most dumb playcalling I've everseen.