Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: I want to be the first person to say this here.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: I want to be the first person to say this here.

I'm more disappointed for Sam Bradford as I am the Rams and their fans. I hate to see the kid go through this, and I believe his career as a Ram is all but over and I hate to see that. But.... Shawn Hill is a capable QB.
    I thought the Rams could be a 9-10 win team this year with Sam and no major injuries. Without him, I still think they can win 9 if nothing else goes like the preseason has (injury wise). It's more likely they will win 7-8, but stranger things have happened. I honestly believe the Rams will still be playing for last in the west, and felt that even with Sam because of the strength of the division and the Rams schedule. I have the feeling that it will be the Rams and Whiners playing for last, and that the Cardinals will leapfrog the Whiners as the team to challenge the Seahawks, but will fall short of that accomplishment. The Hawks are just too talented. The only team that can beat them is them, and a superbowl hangover.

Of course, as we all know all too well, injuries to key players can change things quickly. Although I never wish for injuries to other teams players, what happened to the Rams yesterday can happen to others and change things in a heartbeat.

The Rams were supposed to be built around the running game, so the change in QB shouldn't make that big of a difference, right? Hill can make most of the throws Sam can, he's just not as accurate or as strong-armed as Sam can be, but he can run an offense. Who knows, maybe Shawn will take more chances then Sam downfield and it'll pay off in some big plays? Perhaps the injury to Sam will rally the team around Shawn and they WILL play good football. Let's try to stay positive and see what happens.... What else can we do as fans?
    live4ramin and FestusRam like this.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I hope you're right; I'm not as optimistic.

I think 6-7 wins would be solid with Hill at the helm. Hill has some skill, but has thrown 16 regular season passes in the last three seasons, and prior to that, spent the 2010 season throwing to Megatron.

I think he could be effective with a strong running game and tough defense to protect him, but smart teams are going to stack the box to try and negate Stacy, and I'm not sure if Hill is going to be able to make them pay for that.

We will see!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I hope you're right; I'm not as optimistic.

I think 6-7 wins would be solid with Hill at the helm. Hill has some skill, but has thrown 16 regular season passes in the last three seasons, and prior to that, spent the 2010 season throwing to Megatron.

I think he could be effective with a strong running game and tough defense to protect him, but smart teams are going to stack the box to try and negate Stacy, and I'm not sure if Hill is going to be able to make them pay for that.

We will see!
    Agreed about Shaun Hill's role as a backup, an experienced backup.

But regarding the contributions from the rest of the team, I'll settle for 9-7 this year.
    LA Rammer likes this.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

I hate to see anybody get hurt, but it might be a blessing in disguise that we can now go after another quarterback in next years draft. I was never a big fan of Bradford. He was a capable QB, but was never going to get us to a Super Bowl. I looked at Bradford as a back up QB, NOT a franchise QB. I cringed when we did not go after one of the top tier QBs in the draft and now we are going to pay for it. If we win 8 games this year I will be pleasantly surprised. Any more than that is a bonus. But it may not pay to win more than that if we need a high pick to get a QB.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The Rams will win 10 games in 2014 despite Sam Bradford's injury.

I really believe this to be true.

There will be adjustments to make, but this team can succeed behind (1) a strong running game, (2) WRs who can make big plays, and (3) a defense that will help the offense by producing turnovers and great field position.

Shaun Hill will have a good year.

The Rams will still be looking for a new franchise QB in next year's draft, but Hill will have a good enough year that a rookie in 2015 will have to earn the starting job.

I'm not just being a blind optimist here. I truly believe that the Rams will win 10 games.

I look forward to gloating when I am proven right.
    With Sam at 100%, I saw us having a 10-6 record.
    With Hill, I see AT BEST 7-9.
    With Davis, I see 9-7.

Davis has more intensity, more passion. He has more to prove. I really believe Davis gives us a better chance than Hill.

I DO agree that we will be drafting a new franchise QB next April. Have they cloned Warner yet?
    Vinnie25 likes this.

ManofGod is online now Registered User

I had us going 6-10 or 7-9 with Bradford, so I believe you know what I think now......
    Last edited by ManofGod; -08-24-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'm not worried about the team as a whole despite Bradford out. We beat the Colts, Bears, and Saints with Kellen FREAKING Clemens, Hill is twice the upgrade Clemens is. This team is designed to win games through a strong running game and a ferocious defense. Bradford was there to at least give us a respectable passing game. Compared to the roster in previous years, I say this one is stacked. Something we haven't had since the Rams played in LA. Hill is a viable stopgap QB who will fill in well while we groom a rookie in next years draft.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

general counsel is offline Registered User

I just hope that all the people saying that bradford wasnt a franchise qb and saying we will draft a franchise qb next year or a young qb to "groom him" are going to be patient if we have to take a step back to take many steps forward.

For me, i hope we either have a better than 8-8 season under hill or that we really stink. Mediocrity is going to get us nowhere, but that is my mantra every year and i appreciate that most people dont agree with me.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

Another YEAR.
    LA Rammer likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That's my biggest fear. IMO, Bradford had the skill to make defenses think twice about stacking the box, whereas Hill probably won't strike fear into opposing defenses that dare him to beat them. I do like Hill, and hope he proves me wrong by rising to the occasion. I also hope the OL comes together, stays healthy, and helps Hill be the best he can be.

If things fall into place, and the Rams catch a few breaks, I could see them with a winning record in 2014.
    RealRam likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

heck, hill has so far shown that he can do more than clemens

this hurts, but not as bad as it did last year...well...just as a player-to-player replacement point of view
    RealRam and Randart like this.

live4ramin is online now Registered User

Bring in Martz as quarterbacks coach and throw Davis in there. Let's get this outa the way.
    Curly Horns and LA Rammer like this.
    "The horror"

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm glad to see people on here are being optimistic with us having a winning record, but I could only see us at 8-8 best. Our schedule is not favorable and we still play in the division with the toughest defenses. Sure we can pull some upsets like last year, but there were also those games we should have won but didn't.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Well Av I love your optimism and I also share that optimism. I want to believe that we are past the point where we are arguing over whether Sam has it or not versus does this Rams TEAM have it or not. The time has come for everyone involved in this organization to come together and give MAXIMUM effort and show the rest of the league we have arrived.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Hope you are right!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast