throwback week

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: I want to be the first person to say this here.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: I want to be the first person to say this here.

Some of you have no faith in the rest of the team, as if Bradford was the only reason why we would/could win any said game. This team started gelling (especially on D) towards the middle of the season. At the very least we have one hell of a defense. On top of that we have pieces on offense, playmakers, yes playmakers on the OL and WR position. Things wouldn't have opened up for Bradford/Clemens if we didn't have a great running game. If teams over pursue the run, I think Hill is good enough to make a few throws and keep our offense balanced. No one even talks about our special teams...Hekker quite often can pin a team deep in their own territory which obviously helps our defense, and we've got Legatron which certainly helps. We've got Tavon Austin returning punts/kickoffs, we've seen what he can do. It's a team sport guys. There's still a lot to look forward to seeing this season, it just sucks we don't have Bradford in there. I'm not expecting Shaun Hill to be the next Kurt Warner, that's preposterous, but I do expect him to be a leader and make some good throws. Like I said, I think this team is built like one who can compete in November/December, when it starts becoming really important to run the ball effectively. Regardless of what happens this year, I think plugging in a healthy Bradford (which I guess is pretty unlikely) or a promising rookie in 2015 would look quite impressive.
    RealRam likes this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Yes, we have some nice pieces defensively. It should help keep us in games. But the QB is the centerpiece of any football team, and with rare exception success will be limited without one. For every Trent Dilfer out there who somehow managed to win a Super Bowl despite sub-par individual ability, there are dozens of guys who didn't attain anywhere near that same level of success. And to realistically expect a 34 year old guy who has thrown 16 passes in 4 years to lead us to a 10 win season and a playoff berth is expecting a helluva lot. And this unproven, underperforming group of receivers with a ton of question marks and a lot to prove are not at all helped by Bradford's absence.

Faith- like respect- must be earned. And too many years of suffering watching bad football have made me an eternal skeptic. If that offends the eternal optimists amongst us, so be it. Until I see sustained winning football being played, I will remain unconvinced. Maybe expecting nothing from this football team is the key to not being overly disappointed or surprised when they fall short yet again.

I will watch the games and root for Hill & the Rams, but I anticipate a lot of disgust and head-shaking for much of the season.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Yes, we have some nice pieces defensively. It should help keep us in games. But the QB is the centerpiece of any football team, and with rare exception success will be limited without one. For every Trent Dilfer out there who somehow managed to win a Super Bowl despite sub-par individual ability, there are dozens of guys who didn't attain anywhere near that same level of success. And to realistically expect a 34 year old guy who has thrown 16 passes in 4 years to lead us to a 10 win season and a playoff berth is expecting a helluva lot. And this unproven, underperforming group of receivers with a ton of question marks and a lot to prove are not at all helped by Bradford's absence.

Faith- like respect- must be earned. And too many years of suffering watching bad football have made me an eternal skeptic. If that offends the eternal optimists amongst us, so be it. Until I see sustained winning football being played, I will remain unconvinced. Maybe expecting nothing from this football team is the key to not being overly disappointed or surprised when they fall short yet again.

I will watch the games and root for Hill & the Rams, but I anticipate a lot of disgust and head-shaking for much of the season.
    I think a lot of people thought that last season when Bradford went down, but games like the ones against Chicago, Indianapolis and New Orleans gave people optimism for this coming year

Mikey is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Haste View Post
    How long of a leash do you think Fisher will give Hill?

Let's say he plays like Clemons....does he go to Davis and hope for him to grow at that point?
    I don't think Hill is capable of playing bad enough to force a move to Davis. Hill is a steady yet unspectacular QB. Who will get the job done. I think he'll play out the full season as starter.
    RealRam likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Vegas has us as a 5 point favorite week one. Prior to Sam going down we where a 6 point favorite. I think it's common knowledge the Rams where and still are looking to play great defense and run the ball. Not spread the offense out and pass the ball at will. Our defense is going to have to carry this team along with a great running game and special teams. That said Hill can make plays when he's called upon.

We drafted Robinson to make us more productive in the run game along with Mason. We added Donald to make our defense even more dangerous. We added Joyner to the back end and play in the slot to be another play-maker on the defensive side of the ball. Those three will have an impact this year all is not lost, lets watch this team play before we say the season is over.

Sam going down is a huge bummer... but he's not all we had.

Not sure too many had Britt and Quick taking the one and two WR spots both have looked far better then anyone expected so far. Add in Gregg Williams and there is a real possibility this team can overachieve and surprise some teams even with Hill at the QB position.
    Rammed and Mikey like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234