ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

As I watched the game...

I couldn't help but wonder how much better Bulger's stats could be if he could hit a receiver in stride more often.:\

It seems his receivers are constantly reaching behind themselves or making shoe-string catches that cause the receivers to be slow or even immobile while the defense gets to close any gap and enabling a quick tackle. Maybe this is just poor perception or maybe they are just the throws which stick out in my mind.:O

Before I get assaulted in print here ... YES, I do NOT want to trade Bulger, Yes Bulger has great stats (see above), Yes Bulger is in the upper echelon of QB's currently playing, I only which he were more dependable under duress.:wtf:

RnD:bash:

GO RAMS!!:l

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: As I watched the game...

Wow, we just had 2 Hawks fans come over and say how great they think Bulger is and they were screaming at how many times he got the ball off before getting sacked since he was under pressure all day.

I think saying the WRs are "constantly" reaching behind them is a huge exaggeration.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

As I think I said, it SEEMS his receivers...

It is a mtter of perception and one's perception is easily swayed by how much one likes a specific player or team.

Yes, Bulger was able to complete a some passes under duress as any NFL caliber QB ought to be able to.

It takes a team to play out there, but with the high profile positions ("skill positions") and the high profile monies will come a disproportionate amount of blame and fault finding.

RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

RnD, I see your honest point. Even the TV commentators made a remark on Bulger in that he, albeit recognizing his unquestionable merits, was inaccurate today.
    They also mentioned it might have been due to weather conditions.

I too saw him throw behind, off the receiver's stride and overthrow as well. To his credit though, that INT on 4th down was a bad, bad call by our coaches.

All in all, Bulger has done terrific. Somehow though, it is difficult to make his virtue make sense when we have lost all these close ones. Grrrrrr.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    As I think I said, it SEEMS his receivers...

It is a mtter of perception and one's perception is easily swayed by how much one likes a specific player or team.

Yes, Bulger was able to complete a some passes under duress as any NFL caliber QB ought to be able to.

It takes a team to play out there, but with the high profile positions ("skill positions") and the high profile monies will come a disproportionate amount of blame and fault finding.

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    I will criticize any player constructively no matter how much I like them, so I'm not swayed either way.

So by saying it seems, it sounds like you really aren't sure if that's what is really happening but that still enables you to voice your displeasure with Bulger. Either he is throwing behind them a lot or he's not. I don't see him throwing behind WRs as much as you do apparently, I'm not really sure how that's possible but anyways.

So you minimize Bulger being able to escape lots of pressure and complete passes because "any" QB should be able to. Let's ask Rex Grossman how he does while under pressure, or even better let's ask Warner after the GSOT days how well he threw under pressure. It's funny how 2 Hawks fans come over here and rave about how Bulger escaped the pressure today, and you label it as something that should just happen because he's an NFL QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

He was a cool cat today, but his long balls were not placed well. I would love to see him plop one of those balls in the right place so that we could have one of those "tv highlight" kind of TDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    He was a cool cat today, but his long balls were not placed well. I would love to see him plop one of those balls in the right place so that we could have one of those "tv highlight" kind of TDs.
    I love our recievers but don't think that they bring that kind of mentality to the table. Although Holt n' Bruce are great.
    RamsFan16

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Interesting thoughts...I thougt the 4th and goal to Klopfenstein was at bare minimun a try to get a call for pass interference, but the refs wouldn't call it because the ball was so far behind, it wasn't catchable...