AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I will always be an optimist

That's the type of fan I am, and I'm not going to change. So let me be clear on my opinions on the primary naysayers with whom I will never see eye-to-eye:

Ram beat writers who predict doom and gloom. I look to sportswriters to provide me with information to which I don't have access. I also am interested when a knowledgeable writer can provide analysis of aspects of the game regarding which I may not be familiar. What I have no use for is their attempts at prognostication. I have found in my many years of following football that the so-called experts are no better at predicting the future of a team or individual players than I am. And, when all they want to do is create controversy by predicting doom and gloom, I really have no interest.

Message board posters that do the same. There are many who think that its their job to point out the team's flaws and warn the optimists not to get too upbeat. I've got news for you... I don't need anyone to tell me that the Rams have flaws. I'm well aware of that fact. I have never been shy about expressing my opinion when the team makes errors or poor decisions. But I've been a Ram fan for over two and one half decades, and in that span I have started virtually every year with the hope for a championship. I was only right one time, but I'm still an optimist. The day I'm not, I'll find another hobby.

So, here I am, at the start of another Ram season. I am well aware that there are problems to address and weaknesses on the team.

But here it goes:

I think the Rams can win it all this year.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I will always be an optimist

Nice post, Av.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I will forever be an optimist until mathematical certainty convinces me otherwise. But that in no way encourages me to relinquish my fan-given right to predict turmoil. I am a fan. By definition that means I know better than management in all cases except where I am wrong. And then I was only testing them.

Well Planetsmilies can do what they want with their servers I suppose ... ... They are dead to me ...
    Last edited by adarian_too; -08-31-2004 at 09:55 AM.

Reborn Guest

Looky looky AV gets a cookie. Yet another meaningless post for you to talk about yourself.

Reborn

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You know, Lazarfish, you could have made your point much more effectively by simply not responding to this thread. The fact that you did suggests that, when it comes to posting for the purpose of drawing attention to oneself, you are clearly the pot calling my kettle black(trout).