Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I will defend Him no more....

Until he does two things.

Him, being Mike Martz.

He needs to do two things and he needs to do them TODAY.

He needs to fire Larry and he needs to cut that punter.

But he won't do it. Larry is his friend and he will lose his job before he ever lets Larry go. He is too immersed in the offensive side of the game to give second thoughts to defense or special teams.

This defense is in a total state of confusion. There are good players on this defense, but they are not being used to their strengths. They are constantly out of position and confused as to where they need to be at the point of attack. Their instincts are gone. They are spending to much time thinking instead of instinctively reacting.

We have all heard the old adage that Defense wins championships. Well its true. Moreover a complete football team will be standing on the Lombardi podium again this season. That team will not be the Rams.

I am a lifelong Rams fan who grew up with Rams teams from the 60s 70s and 80s that had strong and proud defenses. The current Rams are quickly becoming a disgrace to that defensive legacy.

Put simply....

I WANT A DEFENSE !!!!

I won't bash Mike Martz or call for his head, but until he does these two things, I will defend him NO MORE.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: I will defend Him no more....

You want a defense, so do I. However, does the front office want one?

If they do, prove it. Go spend some of that freed up dead money next year on a shut down corner. Move Butler to back to #2 and have Fisher play nickel and Groce play dime. Trade Pisa and Curtis if you have to, just do SOMETHING other than waiting for a K-Mart blue light special on a defensive player that's either seen better days or still waiting for the potential to show up.

Well let me re-introduce the football starved citizens of St. Louis to the Rams owner that they met in 1995.

Her name is Georgia Frontiere.

It all starts at the top and flows down from there.

Is this owner a football person?

Does she care about winning?

Is she willing to make changes in the front office when the personnel on the field is not where it should be?

Does she sit down and take time away from star gazing to evaluate the job that is done by Shaw and the men under him?

I feel for Mike Martz. He is a hell of a great football mind. He wants to win as bad as any fan, player or coach.

Yesterday I saw a beaten and sickly man standing on the sidelines. He does not look well to me at all. I swear I could see the pain and frustration in his eyes.

This Rams organization found magic in 1999 and it carried over for a few more seasons. Mike Martz was directly responsible for much of that magic. The vegas show girl was simply along for the ride.

Truth is offline Registered User

The punter WAS released today. As for Marmie, he hasn't done much to gain the confidence of Ram's fans. However, with Martz out for an indefinite period, it might be too much turmoil for this team. But, if we don't get better defensive production, this really needs to be Marmie's last season with the Rams.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

I dont know yet whether this defense is all of Marmies! I think Mike Martz has more to do with the starters than we know!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Your timing was good ferter. The punter is gone and I would have to say that marmie is hanging onto his job by a thread that gets thinner every second.

You won't have to defend or protect Martz now. It seems the decisions are being made outside his control.

Timing ferter... you have it. Perhaps Georgia likes you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Blitz

You know, sometimes we get lucky.

I dunno bout Georgia liking me.....lol

Dear Georgia,
    If by chance you do like me, will you please build me and my fellow warriors here at the ClanRam a DEFENSE!!

P.S. txramsfan says he will kiss you, Georgia, if you build the DEFENSE.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Build us a defense Georgia. That would be swell.

I don't think it would take much. A little tinkering and some adjustments are necessary, but I don't think we need to start from scratch. Getting rid of Marmie would be an important start. I think we can handle a bumpy transition period even in the middle of the season. I don't think the Defense can get much worse.

It hurt me to watch the game. I am serious, I was pained to watch all the missed coverage and receivers running about freely. My parents happened to be in town, so I got to watch it with them. lol.... talk about funny. You have me trying to behave, shut my trap, and not yell, pace, and carry on like usual, and there is my Dad casually analyzing without any emotion. Yes field position, yes very important.... yes if only the defense could stop them, then we could stop trying to play catch up on offense. He is right of course.... and then it always goes back to how wimpy these modern football players are since they only play on offense, defense, or that bizzare special teams that he doesn't really understand. Yes there are players that just play special teams.....

It was painful I tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    P.S. txramsfan says he will kiss you, Georgia, if you build the DEFENSE.
    Works for me, but does it work for Tx?? That's a pretty high price to pay!!