Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,250
    Rep Power
    71

    I will be in Tampa

    Have planned this trip for a few months and I'm heading down on Friday. I have traveled to several away games and have enured some major disappointments, SuperBowl XXXVI chief amongst them. Hopefully, they will pick this day to get as road win and get their record above .500 for the first time and forever. Follow up the great win vs. SD with a solid effort vs. the Bucs and not underacheive.

    Will anyone else from the forum be there?


  2. #2
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Yes Jersey, my wife and I will be there! My annual trip takes me to the Beautiful Sunshine State to watch another Rams adventure!

    Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  3. #3
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,633
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Have planned this trip for a few months and I'm heading down on Friday. I have traveled to several away games and have enured some major disappointments, SuperBowl XXXVI chief amongst them. Hopefully, they will pick this day to get as road win and get their record above .500 for the first time and forever. Follow up the great win vs. SD with a solid effort vs. the Bucs and not underacheive.

    Will anyone else from the forum be there?
    I'll be there. Its a nice stadium, and the weather here in CF has been great lately. Should be a blast!

  4. #4
    rampower's Avatar
    rampower is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    cumbria, UK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    The MIGHTY rampower will be in attendance. Get into Tampa late Saturday with my wife, will be at the game, have tickets up in the gods, section 340. I sense a pre-game beer coming on, you can all meet my Bengal fan wife too! We are staying very near busch gardens, dont ask me how far that is from the stadium, me don't know!!!!

    Silly question, am I safe to wear rams gear in Tampa??

    I know this aint soccer, but will ask anyways!

    PM me for my american cell numer, if anyone wants.

    TO THE GAME!!!
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

  5. #5
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,633
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post
    The MIGHTY rampower will be in attendance. Get into Tampa late Saturday with my wife, will be at the game, have tickets up in the gods, section 340. I sense a pre-game beer coming on, you can all meet my Bengal fan wife too! We are staying very near busch gardens, dont ask me how far that is from the stadium, me don't know!!!!

    Silly question, am I safe to wear rams gear in Tampa??

    I know this aint soccer, but will ask anyways!

    PM me for my american cell numer, if anyone wants.

    TO THE GAME!!!
    Bush Gardens is not too far (in terms of miles) from the stadium, but you should give yourself plenty of time for traffic.

    I went to the last Rams/Bucs game w/laram0 and we wore our jerseys without any problem.

  6. #6
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,223
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post

    Silly question, am I safe to wear rams gear in Tampa??

    I know this aint soccer, but will ask anyways!
    Yes, you are safe wearing your RAMS gear. I was at a game in Tampa a few years ago and there were a few idiots but nothing to worry about.

    Have a great time!!!!

    GO RAMS!

  7. #7
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Bush Gardens is not too far (in terms of miles) from the stadium, but you should give yourself plenty of time for traffic.

    I went to the last Rams/Bucs game w/laram0 and we wore our jerseys without any problem.
    AV, can you think of any place near the stadium we could meet for a beer and lunch/breakfast before the game? I am staying at the Crowne Plaza about three mile s/o the stadium.

    Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  8. #8
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,633
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    AV, can you think of any place near the stadium we could meet for a beer and lunch/breakfast before the game? I am staying at the Crowne Plaza about three mile s/o the stadium.

    Joe
    Not sure if I'll be able to meet, as I have a 2 hour dive there and back, but the best place is Lee Roy Selman's restaurant which is a few blocks from the stadium. Best grilled wings I've ever had.

  9. #9
    ImAWalkingCorpse is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Have planned this trip for a few months and I'm heading down on Friday. I have traveled to several away games and have enured some major disappointments, SuperBowl XXXVI chief amongst them. Hopefully, they will pick this day to get as road win and get their record above .500 for the first time and forever. Follow up the great win vs. SD with a solid effort vs. the Bucs and not underacheive.

    Will anyone else from the forum be there?
    I will be there, but I'm a Bucs fan.

  10. #10
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: I will be in Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Not sure if I'll be able to meet, as I have a 2 hour dive there and back, but the best place is Lee Roy Selman's restaurant which is a few blocks from the stadium. Best grilled wings I've ever had.
    Lee Roy's sounds good! I will try to have the shuttle drop us off there then say at 11:00 am. I want to get to the stadium with enough time to look around and check it all out. My wife and I will be in Sec 136 and looking forward to this weekend!


    No worries if you can't make it AV, but it would be good to see you again.

    Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-27-2009, 05:54 AM
  2. RamView, 9/24/2007: Bucs 24, Rams 3 (Long)
    By MFranke in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-24-2007, 05:08 PM
  3. Week 3 - Why we win / Why we lose vs. Tampa Bay
    By RamsInfiniti in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -09-20-2007, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: -09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
  5. Five Keys to the Game - Tampa Bay
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-17-2004, 01:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •