Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I wish I could hate you but I don't...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: I wish I could hate you but I don't...

They still have a team in Seattle?

With uniforms and everything?

Wow. Who knew?

All kidding aside, I have found that Hawks fans are generally a cool bunch. My "hate" is pretty much reserved for the Whiners, Cowgirls, 'Aints, Cheatriots and (going back a while) Viqueens.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

What I find disturbingly funny is that I don't care who is talking smack anymore about what team. I found out the ones who talk the loudest are usually covering up something...

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I will apparel them all in one livery,
    that they may agree like brothers, and worship me their lord.

Hmmmmm....a guy is messing with our heads & using movie references.

I have an idea but I wouldn't want to be a Dick & speak my mind.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but neither team has posted a winning season since 2007. This was embarrassing for both of our teams, but thankfully, we didn't have to watch our team lose while wearing these:

Attachment 2960
    Attachment 2961

Oh, whoops. It appears that one of those photos is of some tacky, bush league team. The other is the Orlando Thunder for comparison.
    Does their new jerseys come with an all neon alternate?

thoey is offline Registered User

Hey, I enjoyed his post, if merely for the humor. Needed something to lighten up this place until the season actually starts...

This space for rent...

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HansGruber View Post
    You know... back when you guys were just starting to suck at the most epic level in NFL history. Mid 2000's to now. Of course, I don't blame you for not knowing. If I was a Rams fan, I wouldn't have paid much attention the NFL for the last decade either. It's not like you guys had an actual NFL team to watch.
    Wait. But. Well. Ah heck....I got nothin' ............Peace (and thanks for the chuckle on the above paragraph )

rammiser is offline Registered User

Classic a ringless Seachicken coming to our board to boast about a team with absolutley nothing but a loud stadium. Hey congrats on your 12th man ring but we will take our Superbowl Championship over that any day. You know the game that you play and win and you are the best team for that year. How does it feel to be one of few team in the NFL still to not win a Superbowl? Sucks for you scoreboard Rams!
    Just Fix It

HansGruber is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Classic a ringless Seachicken coming to our board to boast about a team with absolutley nothing but a loud stadium. Hey congrats on your 12th man ring but we will take our Superbowl Championship over that any day. You know the game that you play and win and you are the best team for that year. How does it feel to be one of few team in the NFL still to not win a Superbowl? Sucks for you scoreboard Rams!
    Yeah, you and those 30 other Rams fans can care about that ring you won 10+ years ago all you want, I'm glad that makes you happy. For perspective: American Pie was a fresh new comedy hit about when you won that ring. Have you seen the American Pie Reunion? It's been 13 years! Everyone is fat, middle-aged, and stuck in loveless marriages now! One character - Stiffler, or the "Stiffmeister" - is now just a sad desperate shadow of his former glory, and is reduced to defecating in a high school kid's beer cooler to try to prove his manhood to a group of "high school buddies" who actually hate him.

I imagine that rooting for the Rams must be something like that. Defecating into an ice chest while the only group of men who've ever pretended to be your friends all laugh about that one "friend" sleeping with your mom. The worst part is everyone knows you walked in and saw your mom getting boned by the nerdiest "friend" you know, that one smarmy guy in your circle that you truly despise. Aye karumba! Trust me, I'm not here to mock. If anything, Rams fans have my pity. It must be hard to be the Stiffler of the NFC West.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HansGruber View Post
    Yeah, you and those 30 other Rams fans can care about that ring you won 10+ years ago all you want, I'm glad that makes you happy. For perspective: American Pie was a fresh new comedy hit about when you won that ring. Have you seen the American Pie Reunion? It's been 13 years! Everyone is fat, middle-aged, and stuck in loveless marriages now! One character - Stiffler, or the "Stiffmeister" - is now just a sad desperate shadow of his former glory, and is reduced to defecating in a high school kid's beer cooler to try to prove his manhood to a group of "high school buddies" who actually hate him.

I imagine that rooting for the Rams must be something like that. Defecating into an ice chest while the only group of men who've ever pretended to be your friends all laugh about that one "friend" sleeping with your mom. The worst part is everyone knows you walked in and saw your mom getting boned by the nerdiest "friend" you know, that one smarmy guy in your circle that you truly despise. Aye karumba! Trust me, I'm not here to mock. If anything, Rams fans have my pity. It must be hard to be the Stiffler of the NFC West.
    Clearly, your point of reference is pretty juvenile.

The Rams were winning championships when the Seahawks were just a dream in the minds of Pacific Northwesterners everywhere.

The Rams won 7 consecutive division titles when the Seahawks were a mere expansion team.

The Rams went 15 rounds with one of the greatest Super Bowl dynasties when the Seahawks were struggling to have positive yardage in a game.

When Cortez Kennedy was selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, he found busts of Olsen, Jones, Mack, Youngblood, Waterfield, Lane, Slater, Hirsch, Dickerson, Van Brocklin and Faulk (just to name a few).

And when the Rams won the Super Bowl, they accomplished something that the Seahawks have NEVER accomplished.

So the Rams aren't Stiffler. The Rams are Charlie Sheen. They've been cool for a long time and, even with some ups and downs, we still want to see what they do next.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but neither team has posted a winning season since 2007. This was embarrassing for both of our teams, but thankfully, we didn't have to watch our team lose while wearing these:

Attachment 2960
    Attachment 2961

Oh, whoops. It appears that one of those photos is of some tacky, bush league team. The other is the Orlando Thunder for comparison.
    Thank God, everyone responsible for those eye-searing abominations is long gone.
    ramsbruce and Goldenfleece like this.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I love it when the fan of a team without a ring down plays a team that has one. Good try but the ultimate goal of any NFL franchise and it's fans is to win the big game. I don't care how long ago it was the Rams mattered, something the Seahags have never accomplished.

So if you want to compare teams to movies the Seahawks are the 40 year old virgin. They want to be cool, they want to fit in but they have never accomplished the ultimate goal and have looked foolish trying. When they finally had the chance at the ultimate goal they finished in the 3rd quarter if you catch my drift.

SCOREBOARD HAG FAN.
    Last edited by rammiser; -08-30-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Just Fix It

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm not sure I'd be acting like a Super Bowl Champion when my team has the dubious distinction of being the only franchise in NFL history to win a division with a losing record, and who has gone 23-41 since 2007. Like it or not, the Seahawks are members of the bottom of the barrel club.

BTW, didn't Hans Gruber get punked by John McClane and end up splattered on the sidewalk?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    BTW, didn't Hans Gruber get punked by John McClane and end up splattered on the sidewalk?
    But then he got to hang out with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, which is TOTALLY AWESOME...........er, I mean, yea, Die Hard, yippy kie ya maternal fornicator.

I don't really watch Harry Potter movies....really....seriously.....don't judge me!
    AvengerRam, Nick and Agrajag like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CANHawk is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm not sure I'd be acting like a Super Bowl Champion when my team has the dubious distinction of being the only franchise in NFL history to win a division with a losing record, and who has gone 23-41 since 2007. Like it or not, the Seahawks are members of the bottom of the barrel club.

I'm not sure I'd bring that up if I was the team that lost to the team with the losing record to miss the playoffs.

You lost to Charlie Whitehurst! I mean seriously... who does that? The BROWNS were able to beat Charlie Whitehurst for god's sake. smh...

Agrajag is offline Registered User

You ought to just keep simple and stick with Twilight and the Cannucks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast