Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I wish I could take a two month nap

September 6, 2007. Yeah, that would be a good time to wake up.

I could sleep through this dull period where nothing is happening, through the anxiety of waiting for rookies to sign, through the over-analyzing of scores of "experts," through the worries about every minor bump and bruise suffered in training camp, through the nail-biting of preseason games in which you pray that no key player will be seriously injured... right up to the eve of opening day.

That would be good.

Yeah... sleep...

Nice.... relaxing.... sleep....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: I wish I could take a two month nap

Good idea AV. There should be some hibernation / "vernalation" plan for football fans (diehard fans) to sleep until the real action arrives. This is too much!

At least I'd be happy to know if Claude Wroten is reading the 100+ posts* we write about him with so much sincerityeeee ...... zzzzzzz

*. Combining the Got Arrested & You Be the Judge threads

suhpr3me is offline Registered User

We should somehow convince Ram players to sign up on this board. That would make time go by a bit faster don't you think?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I would not doubt that there's at least a few rams players who look at this board. The question is, are there any who post incognito? Does Incognito post incognito? Any players feel like outing themselves?

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

I remember one announcer (Mike ?Patrick) on ESPN's Sunday Night Football (Rams vs. Cowboys) mention that Torry Holt lurks on several NFL boards to check for injuries and matchups.
    Last edited by GreatestShow99; -07-07-2007 at 01:15 PM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

This time of the year is so dull for football. I have been taking a break from it and it is nice. I can't believe that Wroten's door breaking is getting as much talk time as it is.

I got my motorcycle running again and I have been meeting people from a motorcycle message board in the dc area. Hopefully I can pick up some new riding buddies. I went to the track yesterday and watched some racing. It was fun hanging out in the pits and riding my bike around the track area with no gear, just a tank top and jeans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Yeah the door breaking thing is a little strange in terms of the time it's gotten but I guess that it's a polarising event for some and it seems to have aroused the wrath of the moral majority.

Personally, off-season means 3 weeks in Ireland, golf, fishing, walking between watering holes, watching a little EPL, rugby world cup and cricket. Oh and no internet............

Which will be a relief for some.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    We should somehow convince Ram players to sign up on this board. That would make time go by a bit faster don't you think?
    Torry Holt does, in fact, have an account here, and has made a previous appearance. As well, there is some waggish speculation that other players peek in now and then (Dez is frustratingly coy about that, so don't bother asking).
    Quote Originally Posted by Utter
    I have been taking a break from it and it is nice.
    Don't stay away too long. You are sorely missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utter
    riding my bike around the track area with no gear, just a tank top and jeans.
    I'm sorry, but it has to be said........there's nothing hotter than the scene just described.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I don't know about players, but apparently Bernie posts here every now and again. Though, given the content of his posts, I wonder if he only does so when he is drunk.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm sorry, but it has to be said........there's nothing hotter than the scene just described.
    I was showing off. I can't help it sometimes. It is fun to drive you men nuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

No wonder I had that dream the other night...I dreamt I was taking the train to San Diego to see the Rams play the chargers, but I accidentally got off and couldn't get back on...I then stopped at the "Home Depot Center" in Carson (I don't know why there, it's a soccer field) and Torry Holt was there signing autographs....he signed my autograph, but when I asked him for a ride to the stadium he wouldn't do it.... moral of the story, sleep isn't always best, thank god for the replays on the NFL channel and I need to see what I did to piss off Torry...dude I would have chipped in for gas!

(last years Ram dream was much better, I was a rookie in camp trying out for linebacker!)

Joe

To sleep... perchance to dream of the Super Bowl. But in this sleep of the offseason, what dreams may come...

RealRam is offline Registered User

...There is some waggish speculation that other players peek in now and then (Dez is frustratingly coy about that, so don't bother asking). -- HUbison
    That much I knew (both about the speculation as well as Dez' "smiley" on it). GO CLAN! :bash:

By mere odds, you know that a very small percentage of Pro sport players venture occasionaly into one or two web sites that pertain either to their team or their own name, or both. It is also practically impossible to expect that they post -- just imagine what they imagine in responding to the fans, to the fair, good, and friendly threads or ... to the annoying, endless, and/or senseless ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL has some "guidelines" (more as in restrictions) for the players to act with great discretion and responsibility while meeting fans online. And, again, given how crazy some of us fans can be, such precautions make sense. I suppose most of the players use their time with a higher degree of stewardship.

I will therefore dream on as well.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-09-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Format

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    To sleep... perchance to dream of the Super Bowl. But in this sleep of the offseason, what dreams may come...
    Funny you should ask. Last night I dreamt that I ate a GIANT marshmellow. When I woke up my pillow was gone.

C'mon September 9th.......

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i have been in a 3 month dream there is no nfl news what so ever.. .tired of talking about pac man and all of that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast