Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I wondered why the Rams where playing in white at home?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: I wondered why the Rams where playing in white at home?

I would expect the fans from St. Louis to at least outnumber the Packer fans there. If we get outnumbered again next season from fans of a road team like say, those damn Bears fans coming here and gloating about the EJD as their Soldier Field South. I would have thoughts of moving this team to LA. I'm expecting Dez to bring a fullhouse of Rams fans to at least neutralize those ironic Patriots fans in Wembley Stadium.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Having OUR house taken over by a bunch of visiting fans was as BrokenWing noted, EMBARRASSING! It was disappointing as well. How demoralizing it must have been for the Rams defense to hear the chant of KUUUUUUHN reverberate thoughout the Edward Jones Dome every time John Kuhn touched the ball.

I'm glad to see tens of thousands of Rams season ticket holders made some money selling out to the enemy. Nice job!

No excuse for what happened with "home field advantage" today. The Rams obviously saw it coming and chose to go ahead and wear white.........

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Went to the game, and yes there were a LOT of Packers fans there, but from my experience in the dome, crowd was about 60-40 in favor of the Rams. Yes that is really disappointing, but I never noticed the crowd noise affecting our guys, which was what I expected when tailgating, St. Louis was invaded by cheese heads. The entire "Landing" was filled with Packer fans. My point is this, I don't feel like it was lack of Rams enthusiasm, but just the fact that there are a lot of Packer fans in the Midwest, and they travel well. We are on our way back, but Green Bay has as good a history as any team in the league, and a legimate Super Bowl favorite.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

The crowd has really been behind the team all season. The only thing I can figure out is people just assumed we'd lose and didn't bother showing. Still no excuse, just trying to understand how it happened.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, Dez. I was having the same thoughts from the onset of the game. White uni's and crowd noise. Good grief.

Well, now that I've been to St. Louis I can say from first hand experience that it is indeed a Baseball town. They do not support the Rams like they do the cardinals. St. Louis does not deserve a football team and this NEW Rams Team deserves better.

Rambos and hawaiianpunch like this.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Alright so they're playing tonight. What does a game that's not on for several hours and not a home game have to do with Rams attendance Nothing. The fans just expected us to lose and didn't show, bad on them, but don't go blaming baseball.
    Nobody is blaming baseball that I can see. It seems like Bruce4life was saying it's a baseball town, and always has been. That's it, nothing more.

It's disappointing for sure, but Packers fans always travel well. We aren't the first stadium to be taken over by Packers fans, nor will we be the last.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Well, now that I've been to St. Louis I can say from first hand experience that it is indeed a Baseball town. They do not support the Rams like they do the cardinals. St. Louis does not deserve a football team and this NEW Rams Team deserves better.
    I'll give the fans in St. Louis who do show up to cheer for the Rams some credit. They are vocal and do their best in limited numbers to make a difference. The problem is the limited numbers because of no-shows, or season tickets going to the highest bidder.

I love going to St. Louis and respect the fans who make an effort, but if the Rams move somewhere else, it'll be hard for me to shed any tears.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'll give the fans in St. Louis who do show up to cheer for the Rams some credit. They are vocal and do their best in limited numbers to make a difference. The problem is the limited numbers because of no-shows, or season tickets going to the highest bidder.
    Maybe if ClanRam all moved to St Louis and bought season tickets, Mike......hmmmmmmmm
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Maybe if ClanRam all moved to St Louis and bought season tickets, Mike......hmmmmmmmm
    That would definitely solve the problem.

I also fully give respect to the Rams fans who attend the dome and this is not meant to slight them in any way shape or form, they must be as disappointed as the rest of us to see our house taken over ..... by ANY fans other than the home team. I still say that its disgusting.
    Nick, ramsbruce, PARamfan and 1 others like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm sure Stan was taking notes....
    PeoriaRam and hawaiianpunch like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I'm sure Stan was taking notes....
    And checking flights to LA.......

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

It was embarrassing, went with two friends who are Packers fans, and while I was able to drown out their chants, GO PACK GO still reverberated around the stadium. However I still stand by my assessment that when the crowd needed to get loud on those numerous, numerous, numerous third downs in the second half, we "Unleashed the Fury" and I felt made Rodgers uncomfortable. Enthusiasm is still there, but it's going to take more than three early wins to be able to repel other more established Midwest team fanbases.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

I love going to St. Louis and respect the fans who make an effort, but if the Rams move somewhere else, it'll be hard for me to shed any tears.
    Something wrong with my post? Just wondering because you quoted me. I didn't dis on any fans that show up and I already know your feelings about all of this as we discussed it while we were in St. Louie.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

We can understand why the FO was willing to give up a home game next week....

Figured they'd get more home fans in England.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast