Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I wondered why the Rams where playing in white at home?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: I wondered why the Rams where playing in white at home?

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    We can understand why the FO was willing to give up a home game next week....

Figured they'd get more home fans in England.
    That's why the STL fans where so bummed when they have to give up three home games. That's good money when you scalp those tickets

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Something wrong with my post? Just wondering because you quoted me. I didn't dis on any fans that show up and I already know your feelings about all of this as we discussed it while we were in St. Louie.
    No, nothing wrong with your post. You noted St. Louis not deserving a football team, and I responded to that with my "if they move, it'll be hard for me to shed a tear" comment.

Geez, take a nap or something!
    Rambos likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Read this in the game recap on ESPN....

"Coach Mike McCarthy joked it felt like walking down a street close to Lambeau Field. During warmups on Sunday, fans began roaring "Go, Pack, Go!" And Green Bay's traveling wall of sound never let up during a 30-20 victory over St. Louis that was the Rams' first home loss of the year."This is one of the shorter trips for some of our fans, which is still a jaunt," said Aaron Rodgers, who passed for three touchdowns. "I think it's probably eight hours if you're busting the speed limit a little bit.
    "The chants are incredible and the boos that we had on one of those calls from our fans was incredible. It was louder than the cheers for the Rams."
    The Rams definitely noticed. They've had this type of atmosphere several times the last several years with the franchise near the bottom of the NFL."

It's gotta be tough if you're a player and you can't even depend on the home crowd for support. Really makes you want to give it your 100%.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -10-21-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

lostsoul is offline Registered User

As someone who is neutral on the STL vs LA debate, I'm really disappointed in St. Louis.
    PARamfan likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'll give the fans in St. Louis who do show up to cheer for the Rams some credit. They are vocal and do their best in limited numbers to make a difference. The problem is the limited numbers because of no-shows, or season tickets going to the highest bidder.

I love going to St. Louis and respect the fans who make an effort, but if the Rams move somewhere else, it'll be hard for me to shed any tears.
    As a former St. Louisan, I gotta agree with this. I am now rooting for the Cards to loose tonight (so far so good) and tomorrow night so we don't have any more Cards' games interferring with RAMS games.

I will be more than happy for the RAMS to move back to LA on two conditions.
    1) The LA fans fill the stadium in RAMS gear instead of the opponents gear.
    2) The officiating start giving the RAMS at least a level playing field. (If there 100 defensive snaps today, the Packers got away with 150 holding penalties - 99 were CLong being held)

gap

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Living in the Northeast, where there are NEVER blackouts and a waiting list for season Giants/Jets tickets, I can't even fathom fans buying season tickets then not bother going to the games. I'd buy season tickets in a heartbeat if I lived there. Why would you buy them then sell them? If money is that tight, don't buy them to begin with! And in a year where we have a new head coach and the promise of a pretty good football team in the not too distant future there's simply no excuse to have a zillion packer fans in the house.

Our stadium be a tough venue for opponents- not a welcome oasis for opposing fans.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Living in the Northeast, where there are NEVER blackouts and a waiting list for season Giants/Jets tickets, I can't even fathom fans buying season tickets then not bother going to the games. I'd buy season tickets in a heartbeat if I lived there. Why would you buy them then sell them? If money is that tight, don't buy them to begin with! And in a year where we have a new head coach and the promise of a pretty good football team in the not too distant future there's simply no excuse to have a zillion packer fans in the house.

Our stadium be a tough venue for opponents- not a welcome oasis for opposing fans.
    The problem is that they are not selling them because money is tight. The RAMS, under shawgmunt and Madam Ram (and maybe the St. Louis Civic Center), catered to businessmen when selling PSLs. These business men worship money. If they can sell their $50 ticket for $100+, and still watch the game from their couch (or get in 18 holes), that is a win-win. Very few real fans sell their tickets for any reason. Even because money is tight.

And when I say catered to business men, I mean they hand selected who would be offered what tickets after the "lottery" to select PSL offers. I filled out a PSL form, and their were three choices. The RAMS then used zip codes and the three choices to divy out PSLs to whom they thought could most afford to buy season tickets.

gap

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    As someone who is neutral on the STL vs LA debate, I'm really disappointed in St. Louis.
    As someone who is FAR from neutral on the St. Louis vs. Cali debate, I'm really disappointed in St. Louis.

Hearing KUUUUUUHN in the house that BRUUUUUUUUCE built???

Embarrassing.

As to the silly "St. Louis is a baseball town" line......umm, no fecal matter, Sherlock. They've only been here for 130 years and are the winningest baseball team not named Yankees.

But that has exactly zero to do with their ability and willingness to support the Rams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    As someone who is FAR from neutral on the St. Louis vs. Cali debate, I'm really disappointed in St. Louis.

Hearing KUUUUUUHN in the house that BRUUUUUUUUCE built???

Embarrassing.

As to the silly "St. Louis is a baseball town" line......umm, no fecal matter, Sherlock. They've only been here for 130 years and are the winningest baseball team not named Yankees.

But that has exactly zero to do with their ability and willingness to support the Rams.

Its hard times in st louis.

As a season ticket holder they seen this game as a loss because of who we are playing. So they decided to cash in. Having the Cards just played two home playoff games they were probably strapped for cash.

Do I agree with it, no. Do I understand it, somewhat

It will get better in St Louis.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think the Los Angeles Rams sounds better. We get a brand new stadium, new energized fanbase, hopefully new jersey combos (Going back to the GOLD!!!!), and a potential SB in our own new city!!

LA RAMS

THE DREAM TEAM

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Between the loud Packer fans, Kuuuuuuhnnnnn!!! and Billicks Packer/ Rodgers love fest I had to turn the sound off before I puked.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Rumor has it that those packer fans in attendance at the EJD were actually Rams fans rooting for their 'B Team'

I know, I know....just be thankful it's only a rumor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Rumor has it that those packer fans in attendance at the EJD were actually Rams fans rooting for their 'B Team'

I know, I know....just be thankful it's only a rumor!!
    Silly Ferter, everyone knows Rams fans are not allowed to have B Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

Is that really true HUb? Many residents have admitted that because St. Louis IS a baseball town, baseball comes before football, which affects the Rams.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Is that really true HUb? Many residents have admitted that because St. Louis IS a baseball town, baseball comes before football, which affects the Rams.
    Of course it's true. Does anyone really believe the reason the Rams fans didn't overwhelm the ED on Sunday afternoon was because the Cards were playing in San Francisco that night? Of course not.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast