Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I wondered why the Rams where playing in white at home?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I wondered why the Rams where playing in white at home?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Of course it's true. Does anyone really believe the reason the Rams fans didn't overwhelm the ED on Sunday afternoon was because the Cards were playing in San Francisco that night? Of course not.
    Probably not, but I didn't see anyone making that specific claim. Rather, that St. Louis is a baseball town, and as such, does not fully support the Rams. sjacksonrules, who I believe lives in the St. Louis vacinity, posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    As a season ticket holder they seen this game as a loss because of who we are playing. So they decided to cash in. Having the Cards just played two home playoff games they were probably strapped for cash.
    And he's not the only one to express this opinion. I've seen countless posts here over many years from St. Louis residents echoing what he is saying, that with tough circumstances, with limited resources and time, fans are going to support the Cardinals before thay support the Rams.

I've been to St. Louis many times for Rams games, and when the Cardinals are playing a weekend series, every other person on the street is wearing Cardinals gear, while Rams attire is almost nowhere to be found. IMO, that is telling.

I understand that there is a long tradition with the Cardinals, but the Rams have been in St. Louis for 18 seasons now, and should get the communities full support. If they can't manage that, they don't deserve a football team.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -10-23-2012 at 12:42 PM.

rammmm is offline Registered User

Just move back to LA and wear the the uniforms from the 70's 80's and 90's. Problem solved.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Of course it's true. Does anyone really believe the reason the Rams fans didn't overwhelm the ED on Sunday afternoon was because the Cards were playing in San Francisco that night? Of course not.
    Having lived in St Louis, yes, I believe that is possible. But I am more of a believer in Mr. PSL Holder (not real RAMS fans, but 'investers' that bought PSLs so long ago) selling out the home team for a profit on his/her tickets.

gap

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234