Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

I would blitz manning like crazy

I think the only remote shot we have of staying in this game is early turnovers from the colts that we convert into tds and i dont see that happening without lots of pressure on manning. Given our recent performance, leonards injury status and the quality of the colts line, along with the quality of their running game, i estimate the odds of getting real pressure on manning using only the front four as twofold- slim and none, with slim having left the building.

I appreciate that blitzing manning generally backfires, but if we dont do it, we will get picked apart for sure and we will have no hope. I would prefer to swing for the fences and see if somehow we can stay in the game. In any game, you always have a shot to win IF and its a big IF you can stay in it into the fourth quarter.

Our corners and safeties in coverage stopping the colts if manning has time to throw? Better shot at world peace breaking out in the third quarter of the game.

Should be interesting to see how young barron does against their stud mr. freeney.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

viper is offline Registered User

Re: I would blitz manning like crazy

I think we should be blitzing alot more in every game because of our poor seconday. Get in there and disrupt the timing by applying pressure. Also, our corners need to be jamming the receivers at the line of scrimmage at the same time.

AlabamaRam is offline Registered User

If we have it left in the bag....we had better pull it out on Monday night or this one could get ugly.

I have no feel for this team anymore.

Go Rams!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The Colts' offense is ranked 15th in total yardage, and 14th in scoring. Is that really out of our range of hope? I think we have a chance to slow their offense down. We all know our offense can get on fire no matter who they play. As long as the Colts don't get out to a big early lead, I think we'll at least keep the game close down to the 4th quarter.

Our offense can get on fire no matter who we play? without bruce and with at best a very limited torry holt? theoretically true, but very tough under the circumstances. Again, i really hope that i am wrong.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

BoomGoesTheDynamite! is offline Registered User

Ok, fine. But if you don't get to Manning on the blitzes, you are dead. If the secondary wasn't able to stop Joe Jurevicious and DJ Hacket, I don't want to see them against Harrision and Wayne without any help.

My whole point is that if you dont get to him you are dead as julius ceasar. I dont care how much help you have back there. with our personnel, unless we play with 15 guys on defense, the secondary is going to get picked apart and not just with the underneath stuff if we dont get in mannings face early and often.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rampete is offline Registered User

i like the idea of blitzing with our linebackers, but the fact that manning is at his best when opponents do blitz is a sobering thought...

our front seven has to stand up and give them a good fight...or else our secondary will look like jv...

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    My whole point is that if you dont get to him you are dead as julius ceasar. I dont care how much help you have back there. with our personnel, unless we play with 15 guys on defense, the secondary is going to get picked apart and not just with the underneath stuff if we dont get in mannings face early and often.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I say blitz'em hard also.I hope Joe Vitt pulls out and uses every stunt he can think of.Marmie is totally inept,so I hope Joe calls the defence.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Gotta have 2 guys on Harrison,linebackers on on edge,so getting 6-7 in the box could get us burned because indy has a great o-line.Hope Joe has a good plan.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

It's like playing Russian Roulette, you're either going to win or you're going to lose. I say we go for it. We have nothing to lose.
    Sprtsmac :football:

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I say we should blitz them with Claiborne to get more pressure in the middle of the line. Kennedy seems to have been quiet the past two weeks. He was doubled in each game, but he needs to be able to push them back in the poclet.

I think blitzing Claiborne would free up Kennedy and allow Pickett and him to get more pressure.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Blitzing Manning will be a sure death. He will make the adjustments and probably throw 6-7 TD's if you use this startegy.

Mannning like Warner (99-00) will burn you by blitzing but what they have problems with due to that damn coach in New England is trying to find space when teams rush only 3 and drop everyone in coverage.

This year the Jags and Browns did not blitz the they drop everyone in coverage and both games were low scoring.

This tatic would be the best for the Rams, The question is has Manning adjusted his game and do the Rams have the personel to use the strategy?

Playing simple cover 2 and using blitz packages will be way to easy for Manning who see's this D formation every summer during camp. He and Bulger know this type of D better than any other QB's in the league.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

This tatic would be the best for the Rams
    Crazy, you may be right, but I have to wonder if we have the personnel that could cover without QB pressure. It seems that our secondary relies on mistakes to make things happen. I just don't know that given all the time in the world, Manning would make many mistakes.

It's certainly a catch-22. If we blitz, Manning has been there, done that, against better blitz packages than we have put together. But then again, can we really expect anything different from our secondary if we don't create pressure?

It's a bleak outlook either way, but again, you may be right......rush 3 and hope for the best with our back 8.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

How in the world can any objective rams fan believe that we have the personnel to cover without a pass rush. How did we look covering against the giants and seahawks without a pass rush. In addition, how do you intend to stop the run ie remember e. james if we drop all those guys into coverage. If the goal is for them to work slower down the field as they pick us apart, maybe dropping into complete coverage helps, but i dont see how anyone thinks we are going to win that way. Watch the giants and seahawks game and see what happened without a pass rush and please note that our best cover corner, groce, is questionable with a knee problem.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast