Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

I would like to thank the money hungry NFL Execs

A game that meant everything just a few hours ago, now means nothing. Because of the money mungers in their oval offices needed to turn a few bucks and find it necessary to run a frikking game on a Saturday night on their little private network. Now my Sunday is a complete flop and meaningless. What a bunch of chicken crap. I hope your frikking empire comes crashing down around you little pompous arses.

Damn the Skins erk me off.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: I would like to thank the money hungry NFL Execs

"Damn the Skins erk me off."

Gibbs needs to go back to NASCAR full-time.

Oh well, our team still plays tomorrow with a chance to go 8-8 and show that they have turned the corner for better things to come next year...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If ever there was a night for the flex schedule... :x

One one hand I understand it's a big game and NFL Network would want it, but as you said RW, basically the entire NFC lost all hope for tomorrow's games. What a let down the night before the final weekend of the regular season for many fans across the country.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Poor timing for a Saturday game of this level of importance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I don't remember anything ever being said about NFL Network having a flex schedule. I think it's only NBC that has the flex schedule. If the NFL Network had it they would have surely used it by now because they've had some bad games so far. Steelers v Browns anyone?

blood85 is offline Registered User

Let's just win on Sunday, Go Rams!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    I don't remember anything ever being said about NFL Network having a flex schedule. I think it's only NBC that has the flex schedule. If the NFL Network had it they would have surely used it by now because they've had some bad games so far. Steelers v Browns anyone?
    Right, I'm simply saying that we could have benefited from a flex schedule situation tonight so that the suspense would carry over into tomorrow.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i don't quite get the whole NFL network showing nfl games anyway,i think it's crap that so many people have to miss the games they show or go out and watch them,hopefully they do away with it or more cable companies are allowed to carry it, time warner,one of the biggest,which is what i have doesn't offer it.HUGH outrage here in N.Y. that the game tonight was not carried on regular tv.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

OK....I have calmed down a little bit from last night. But, as Nick said. This is a subject that I think the NFL brain childs need to take a serious look at.

There now isn't an NFC game that means squat Sunday. They just blew 6 other games with playoff implications just so the NFL Execs could erk off a few high rolling Cable TV Execs. They took a game that would have a huge TV market wioth playoff implications and put it on their private network just to play a little cat and mouse game with the companies that don't want to pay for the NFL Network. Who are the ones suffering?? I personally think this is BS. The NFL is getting too greedy! Do they think we can't see through there little game? Do they think we are just stupid fans? DDDUUHHH FOOTBALL....
    Last edited by RamWraith; -12-31-2006 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    OK....I have calmed down a little bit from last night. But, as Nick said. This is a subject that I think the NFL brain childs need to take a serious look at.

There now isn't an NFC game that means squat. They just blew 6 other games with playoff implications just so the NFL Execs could erk off a few high rolling Cable TV Execs. They took a game that would have a huge TV market and put it on their private network just to play a little cat and mouse games with the companies that don't want to pay for the NFL Network. Who are the ones suffering?? I personally think this is BS. The NFL is getting too greedy!
    RW,glad to see you have mellowed a bit, but you guys are right, this whole NFL network showing games is crap,baseball is no longer the national pastime, its NFL football and they need to continue to do what got them to that point,if it isn't broken don't fix it.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Had the Redskins won, then the execs at NFL look like geniuses. It was arranged a long time ago before anyone could have known the situation that would arise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I can only agree with you guys, I watched the game yesterday and because of that I'm not sure I'll be watching any football today, maybe if I can find the time, maybe not, it just moved way way down my schedule. I'm sure most people that are fans of NFC teams feel that way, today is fairly meaningless, like watching preseason, which I don't fancy much either.

in all fairness,this game was selected for this spot when the season started,i'm sure at that time they were looking at these two teams fighting for the didvision title,in which case nice pick,but it didnt turn out that way and of course being rams fans we are all pissed off the skins lost, but i think Nick said it earlier,if there was ever a time for flex schedules last night was it.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    in all fairness,this game was selected for this spot when the season started,i'm sure at that time they were looking at these two teams fighting for the didvision title
    Exactly. It's not like they picked this game to show last week, this game has been on the schedule like this all year, it just happened to work out this way. I personally have absolutely no problem with the NFL network showing games. Why shouldn't they show games? Their have been games on Thursday and Saturday for years now, their just on the NFL network now instead of ESPN. I realize that people who don't get the NFL network could be upset, but you should take that up with your cable company. It's available on Satellite, and that's not that much more expensive than cable, in fact it's cheaper a lot of the time.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    I realize that people who don't get the NFL network could be upset, but you should take that up with your cable company. It's available on Satellite, and that's not that much more expensive than cable, in fact it's cheaper a lot of the time
    The thing that ticks me off the most is how the NFL blames the cable networks for not having it. Read this quote from the nflnetwork site:

"Thank you for your interest in NFL Network, home of the new Thursday and Saturday live primetime games. If your cable company does not carry NFL Network, you may miss the Thanksgiving night Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs game, along with the other live games leading up to the playoffs on NFL Network.

NFL Network needs your help. Please enter your zip code below so you can send a fax request to your local cable company to carry NFL Network.

If your cable company says they are unable to give you NFL Network as part of your basic cable lineup, you should determine whether you want to support them with hundreds of dollars you pay to them annually."

They need our help? What a bunch of BS. If the NFL cared at all about fans and not just $$ they would allow all paid television services to get the NFL network and more than just Direct TV to get the NFL package. With every other provider you can get a package for every sport except football, because Direct TV (which is a steaming pile of crap I wouldn't subscribe to unless it was free.) and the NFL have some sort of lame deal.

And with Brian "Special Ed" Gumble at the helm for NFL network games, I'm not sure I want it anyway. Those games are pure torture to listen to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast