Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Truth is offline Registered User

Re: I would like to thank the money hungry NFL Execs

I personally don't care when the game was scheduled. I don't like NFL Network broadcasting games and blacking them out on "standard" television. That makes me mad as hell. It's just like taking all of the broadcasts off of the internet. The fans are the people being hurt by this. Especially those fans that don't have access top a compant that offers NFL Network, or more pointedly, those that can't afford it. SHAME ON YOU NFL!!!!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Personally, I am glad for my DISH Network package. I hated cable for all of those years of being the only thing in town and charging whatever they wanted and forcing the consumer to pay for it. Since I made the switch I know of many other people that have left cable for either DISH or Direct TV to get NFL Network. I think that it is great, and hope that more subscribers switch. In fact, for a little more per month, I can set it up where I get my channels on my computer for viewing anywhere in the world. Cable TV needs to either pony up what the NFL Network wants and become more competitive or become extinct like the 8 track and vinyl records.
    Last edited by SFCRamFan; -12-31-2006 at 05:14 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    Personally, I am glad for my DISH Network package. I hated cable for all of those years of being the only thing in town and charging whatever they wanted and forcing the consumer to pay for it. Since I made the switch I know of many other people that have left cable for either DISH or Direct TV to get NFL Network. I think that it is great, and hope that more subscribers switch. In fact, for a little more per month, I can set it up where I get my channels on my computer for viewing anywhere in the world. Cable TV needs to either pony up what the NFL Network wants and become more competitive or become extinct like the 8 track and vinyl records.

It's not about Dish or Cable. It's about taking games off of "standard" television so that you HAVE to pay (Dish or Cable) to watch a game. What's even worse is that they did this at the end of the season when there was the potential that these games would be important. I know that's their point. I'm just saying I don't think it's right, or, for that matter, good for the NFL in general.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Truth, I agree with some of your points, and I am not trying to argue with you, but they started taking games off of standard TV once ESPN began running Sunday Night Football and now Monday night football. Some of this was a network decision where ABC thought that MNF had outlived its usefulness and wanted to air "regular" programming in an effort to pick up another demographic of viewers and advertisers. It has been an ongoing trend. While it would be nice for the big three (ABC, NBC, CBS) plus Fox to air them all, it just won't happen when there is more advertising dollars to be made elsewhere and the big three aren't willing to pony up what the NFL wants. True, this is all about money, but what isn't these days??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    It's not about Dish or Cable. It's about taking games off of "standard" television so that you HAVE to pay (Dish or Cable) to watch a game. What's even worse is that they did this at the end of the season when there was the potential that these games would be important. I know that's their point. I'm just saying I don't think it's right, or, for that matter, good for the NFL in general.
    Games have been off "standard" television since the early 90s maybe even 1990 when the TNT network split the season in half with ESPN. Our own Pat Haden was a color guy for those TNT games. So some games not being on standard television is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12