Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

if bellichick coached the rams....

if bellichick coached the rams in 2007, what would our record have been? No one can dispute his coaching ability. Is there one person on this board that thinks we would have been a .500 team with bellichick as our coach and the offensive line (along with jackson and bulger) that we put on the field all year? coaching impact is limited by talent.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rollrams Guest

Re: if bellichick coached the rams....

Absolutely !!!
    With his cheating abililty !!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    if bellichick coached the rams in 2007, what would our record have been? No one can dispute his coaching ability. Is there one person on this board that thinks we would have been a .500 team with bellichick as our coach and the offensive line (along with jackson and bulger) that we put on the field all year? coaching impact is limited by talent.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I agree GC that coaching is impacted by the level of talent the team has and also the dedication of the players. Although Belichick has had great success in recent years it hasn't always been that way. The Tom Brady lead New England Patriots buy into Belichicks style and there are several other key players that are drinking the kool-aid also. (Junior Seau, Teddy Bruschi, Richard Seymour...etc...) The veteran players on this team reel in the rest of the squad. ie Randy Moss.

Basically what we need is a few team leaders to step up and create the dedication and winning attitude in the locker room.

I'm not so sure we would have been at .500 with Belichick.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

we would have had more OL depth if he was coach, but if we had the same injuries i cant see us having done much better

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Let's all remember something, ole Bill's first rodeo at Cleveland didn't go to well.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I hate the Pats but I admire one thing, they didn't have a lot of injured players... Do they have a better conditioning staff than the Rams ? Are they just lucky ? That could be useful to know how they stay healthy.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A few years back, the Patriots were so decimated by injuries in the defensive backfield, they had WR Troy Brown playing CB. They still went deep into the playoffs.

So... yes... I do think we would have had a better record with a better coach.

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    A few years back, the Patriots were so decimated by injuries in the defensive backfield, they had WR Troy Brown playing CB. They still went deep into the playoffs.

So... yes... I do think we would have had a better record with a better coach.
    You forgot that year they also had a young guy named assante samuel come up from the practice squad and he did a fine job. Not to mention NE has one of the sickest defense lines in the NFL. Having a sick D line can make any secondary look good.

Lets go back to Belichick in Cleveland. The guy played an important part in the team leaving in theory cause they were losing and couldnt keep season ticket sales up. He overpayed for some loser named Rison and alienated the fan base by dumping Kosar. Fast forward to 2000 and the pats werent doing the greatest and pro bowl qb bledsoe goes down. Step in the greatest QB of the modern time. Tom brady has a ton to do with the success of this team. He won championships with minimal talent around him and made plays over and over. Combine Brady with that very talented defense and you have a great team. Brady can carry this team if the defense does its job. Im not taking saying bellichick does nothing but the guys is surrounded by some true gems that you have to give him credit for recruiting.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I don't think Bellichick would have done much better with the 2007 Rams. What helps set Bellichick apart from the rest right now is that he has the backing of the best FO in the NFL from owner on down. That type of organization doesn't sleep and doesn't let the roster turn into the walking dead as this organization has over the last 25 years.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Bellichick may not have or may have done a better job with the 07 Rams, that point can just be argued. But what I like about Bellichick is he dosen't stand pat,(no pun intended) he won't let a bad situation get him or the team down. He will be innovative with what ever situation is given him, aka Troy Brown as a CB, creating defensive schemes just to confuse certian players & coaches. I really believe this man gets off on getting into someones head.

moloch41 Guest

I think that in addition to being a superior schemer, he also wouldn't put up with the same players making the same mistakes all the time. Bellichek would have benched Barron and Incognito for all the stupid mistakes even if they were so decimated that he had to put a WR on the line. One of my biggest complaints about Linehan is his lack of accountability with himself and his players. if it's never his fault- then why should the players think it's theirs?

AlphaRam Guest

We would have the best video equipment in the league.....and the cheapest coach's wardrobe expense.

serkicker32 Guest

what would Brady do if he didnt have Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Stephen Neal, and Dan Koppen is in and out ot the line up.

general counsel is offline Registered User

its a fair argument to say bellickek is better at player personnel evaluation and we might have had more talent going in if he was the coach, but that wasnt my question.

I am talking about the team we had on the field, minus the injuries. Saying he would have benched incognito and barron makes no sense unless you think the guys on the bench were better and i dont see how you can make that argument.

Furthermore, i didnt say we wouldnt have had a better record with a better coach. I think we would have. My point is that we wouldnt have been materially better. I said we wouldnt have been .500, not that we wouldnt win a couple of more games. Linehan didnt fumble the ball on the goal line on 4th down either, nor did he fumble the punt at the end of the sf game early in the year.

The point about his first stint in cleveland is exactly my point. Coaching matters a LOT at the margain, but talent is the critical component to success at anything. The injuries to our oline this year were NOT FIXABLE by coaching, end of story.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

PHAT-MONEY Guest

give brady our line this past season, and see if they still call him the best ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-31-2008, 10:20 AM