View Poll Results: Which team should Bruce chase another ring with?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

0 0%
  • Patriots

3 12.50%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Chargers

10 41.67%
  • Cowboys

0 0%
  • Seahawks

1 4.17%
  • Packers

4 16.67%
  • Steelers

0 0%
  • Buccaneers

1 4.17%
  • Titans

1 4.17%
  • Jaguars

3 12.50%
  • Redskins

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigredman is offline Registered User

If Bruce must go...where?

While I hope that Bruce will feel he has made enough money, and would rather stay and retire with the Rams than chase another ring....it is probable that he will in fact not renegotiate his contract forcing the team to release him. If so, of the teams based on last year making the playoffs, which team should he chase the Super Bowl next year with?

I say come home to California baby, and play for the Chargers!
    Last edited by bigredman; -02-22-2008 at 09:39 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: If Bruce must go...where?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    it is probable that he will in fact not renegotiate his contract forcing the team to release him.
    Probable? Based on what?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

My opinion based on what other players in his situation have done in the past, and what the Rams realistically must do (taking the emotional issue out of it).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinion based on what other players in his situation have done in the past, and what the Rams realistically must do (taking the emotional issue out of it).
    I've already taken the emotional issue out of it, I'm prepared for the worst so emotions aren't an issue for me when discussing how and why to keep Bruce.

Realistically the Rams need to do what they did last time and have a *wink *wink deal with Ike that he will re-sign to a more cap friendly contract. The fact is he is still a quality WR. Another thing is how much cap room do we really need this year? There aren't a whole lot of Free Agents worth anything so why free up cap room if we aren't going to use it, or waste it.

Of course Ike & the Rams need to restructure but so do some other guys, and in the end we won't be making a big splash in free agency anyways. So I would rather see it spent on Ike who can still play than some Free Agent who won't produce what we expect anyways.

If we are going to throw money out the window we might as well give it to Bruce instead.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -02-22-2008 at 10:17 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Ramer is offline Registered User

Bruce needs to retire a Ram. The organization needs to make this happen. But if I had to choose, I would say the any where but the Patri-idiots and Seaducks!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I've said it before the Chargers are the best location for him. Good weather, near LA where he he started, they don't have much behind Vincent Jackson/Chris Chambers,
    good offense, good defense, and most importantly they are contenders. If i could choose any other team to win the super bowl beside us it would be the chargers

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    Bruce needs to retire a Ram. The organization needs to make this happen. But if I had to choose, I would say the any where but the Patri-idiots and Seaducks!
    That would be intersting if he went to Seattle after placing his helmet in the middle of Qwest Field and pointing to it after the big comeback against the Seahawks. The fans in Seattle still seethe over that.

That said, if he HAD to go somewhere else, as somewhat of a Charger fan, San Diego would work for me.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Packers! Favre to Bruce...touchdown Pack!!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I said Jacksonville. If any team on that list, I like the Jaguars second. I used to live in Jacksonville, so thats why.

I don't want to see Bruce in a rival uniform however. Or a Pats.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

But the last player in this situation was actually Bruce. They cut him last year, and he came back as hoped. The real question is......will he do it again? I don't know that I could. A team cuts me twice in two years, I don't think I come back.

As to where he goes, when this surfaced a couple of months ago, didn't he as much as say he'd rejoin Martz?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

itsguud is offline Registered User

I picked the Seahawks. I think Holmgrens last year, will be his all or nothing. The team is already good. And minus some RB issues, looks to be good again next year.

For Bruce as much as I would never want to see him with another team, especially a divison rival, I think the Hawks offer the best opportunity for his skill set. They use 4+ WRs on a regular basis, and really utilize all of the Wrs on the field. THis will give Bruce a better chance then anywhere else to go out, and establish himself as the true number 2 he is.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Another thing is how much cap room do we really need this year?
    Well right off the bat we're probably going to need close to two million simply to apply the RFA tender offer to Atogwe. Whether or not that number is reduced is dependent on the long-term deal he signs, if he even signs one. It's possible the Rams could reduce his salary with a long-term deal, but the bonus money in year one either keeps him costing about as much or even causes him to cost more. It's really hard to say.

It's also clear the Rams want to resign Steven Jackson, and he's going to cost a pretty penny. Jackson is scheduled to make $1.7 million in salary this year and I believe his cap charge is around $2 million. A big time deal could push that up as well depending on the immediate bonus money. Again, tough to say right now.

Then we have to figure out what's going on with Chillar. I don't think we're going to resign him, and our best bet would probably be moving Chris Draft to SLB since it won't cost us anything. Hopefully Pisa can stay healthy at WLB this year; if he doesn't, I expect him to be a cap casualty in the future. You simply can't pay a guy that much when he can't stay healthy.

The Rams will likely need at least $5 million in cap room to sign their rookies, so that's something you have to figure into the equation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well right off the bat we're probably going to need close to two million simply to apply the RFA tender offer to Atogwe. Whether or not that number is reduced is dependent on the long-term deal he signs, if he even signs one. It's possible the Rams could reduce his salary with a long-term deal, but the bonus money in year one either keeps him costing about as much or even causes him to cost more. It's really hard to say.

It's also clear the Rams want to resign Steven Jackson, and he's going to cost a pretty penny. Jackson is scheduled to make $1.7 million in salary this year and I believe his cap charge is around $2 million. A big time deal could push that up as well depending on the immediate bonus money. Again, tough to say right now.

Then we have to figure out what's going on with Chillar. I don't think we're going to resign him, and our best bet would probably be moving Chris Draft to SLB since it won't cost us anything. Hopefully Pisa can stay healthy at WLB this year; if he doesn't, I expect him to be a cap casualty in the future. You simply can't pay a guy that much when he can't stay healthy.

The Rams will likely need at least $5 million in cap room to sign their rookies, so that's something you have to figure into the equation as well.
    Right, I understand what we need in terms of some of our own players and the rookies, and obviously we need to restructure and cut a few players also. I meant more when it comes to signing new guys, people are dreaming if they think we are going to sign big names in Free Agency, and there isn't much out there this year anyways so I can't say I'm that disappointed. We may be able to sign some middle of the road guys but I just don't think it's wise to cut Bruce if he is willing to restructure to a reasonable cap friendly contract. I can do without one or two of the middle of the road FA's when we don't really know what we are getting, to keep a known quantity in Bruce.

Chavous comes to mind right away, I cut him with no hesitation. All of the he's a leader, he knows how to BBQ etc is great but he's done when it comes to playing, where Bruce is a leader and he can still play. So maybe Bruce doesn't BBQ but who cares.

Little is huge money for us, something has to be done there. I'm not sold on a 34 year old DE with a bad toe. Pace, Glover, and even Bulger could help out some also to free up some room.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -02-23-2008 at 07:39 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

eldfan is offline Registered User

I would hate to see him go but anywhere but the NFC west.
    :ramlogo:

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I voted for Jacksonville, simply because I like them. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Titans. He went to Memphis for college, so he has that connection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-22-2008, 10:19 PM