Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skelley is offline Registered User

If Favre is released.........

.....would you move Bulger for value in trade and persue Favre?

If rumors are true(I know I know) Favre will be released by the Packers to free him up for a return. It would be a short term upgrade & we could most likely get alot for Bulger.

Would you do it?

Josh Guest

Re: If Favre is released.........

If It would Guarantee us a playoff run I Might Consider it.. But I am stickin with bulger for now.. Until Robert Marve, RS Freshman at The University of Miami Comes out In the Draft.. he will be GOOD.

yellow and blue is offline Registered User

never ever ever.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think bulger is far better than favre right now and he has been for three years. Trading bulger to pursue favre when of course there is no guarantee you can get favre anyway makes no sense at all. Go look up favre's career numbers in domes and see if you still want him. Sure he had a great year last year and bulger didnt, but if you put favre (or peyton manning for that matter) behind last years offensive line, it would have been a very ugly picture.

The rams have many problems and many more unanswered questions. Bulger IS NOT one of them. IF we protect him, he will be an all pro.

For the millionth time, you cant throw from flat on your ass.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Josh Guest

I still remember that NFC divisional game in 2001 where he threw 6 Pics against us.. I loved every minute of it!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Let me see here....

No.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

No no no no no no no no no.

First of all, Favre is not a long term solution. He is a quick fix. Bulger will still be in this league for years after Favre has retired. That would mean that with plenty of holes still yet to fill, we will have to spend a very high draft pick next year on a quarterback for when Favre hangs it up. With Bulger, getting a Qb won't be such an immediate need.

Secondly, I know it has been stated that many of our offensive woes can be attributed to injuries on our offensive line (I have been a firm believer in this). But for the sake of argument, lets say that even when totally healthy, our line isn't as good as we thought it would be. Or imagine if injuries ravage our line again? Remember, it wasn't just last year we had injuries on our O line. 2 years ago we finished the season working behind a patchwork line too. Have you seen Favre play when he is constantly under a lot of pressure? Sure he can make plays, but lets just say this... its not a cooincidence that he is the all time NFL leader in interceptions.

Not to mention he would have to get acclimated to an entire new playbook and establish a rapport with a whole new set of receivers. And do you really want our first and second string quarterbacks to both be pushing 40?

And finally.... what if this "will he or wont he" retirement nonsense he likes to pull every year follows him to St Louis. We have enough problems, Brett Favre's offseason dramatics certainly don't need to be one of them.

I could go on and on but I wont. I just don't see any good reason whatsoever to ship Bulger out and bring Favre in, other than maybe to sell a couple tickets.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't know how many ways I can say NO.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Nope. I never want to see this happen. First off, its not worth the money. Sure, he may not ask for much, but we could use it to pay someone who will contribute to the team, rather than be a cash grab for audience attendance. Bulger deserves his spot as starter, he's out leader and he's proven it.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by General Counsel View Post
    I think Bulger is far better than Favre right now and he has been for three years. Trading Bulger to pursue Favre when of course there is no guarantee you can get Favre anyway makes no sense at all. Go look up Favre's career numbers in domes and see if you still want him. Sure he had a great year last year and Bulger didn't, but if you put Favre (or Peyton manning for that matter) behind last years offensive line, it would have been a very ugly picture.

The Rams have many problems and many more unanswered questions. Bulger IS NOT one of them. IF we protect him, he will be an all pro.

For the millionth time, you can't throw from flat on your ass.

Ramming speed to all

General Counsel

Well said, 'nuff said.

YodaRam Guest

No, i wouldn't. I don't think that he would be a good fit. It looks like the Packers aren't going to release Favre. If that's the case, that would seriously limit where he could end up. I doubt that they would allow a trade to an N.F.C. team. And, even if they did. I doubt that our Rams would be high on Favre's list of teams to play for.
    He's probably not wanting to play another season just to pad stats. I would imagine that he wants to play for a team that's "ripe" to go deep into the play-offs. One more shot at "the big one"! Good luck, Brett.
    Who in the A.F.C. is "ripe" and ready to take on the "possibility" of a very short term pay-off in Favre? And what would they be willing to give up to get him?
    Now, i don't know about the following rumored teams as being "right now" contenders for a Super Bowl berth this year but the Tampa Bay Bucs in the N.F.C. and the Raiders, Dolphins and Ravens in the A.F.C. have been mentioned as possible Favre landing sites.
    Who knows, maybe the Packers end up warming to his return and Rodgers ends up kicked to the side-lines again. Poor dude.

RAM ON!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

NO WAY!

Thank you

union jack rammer is offline Registered User

i'll stick with Bulger

skelley is offline Registered User

Well, something everyone agrees on with Bulger.

I expected the "Short term vs long term" stuff. However I must say I was wondering if anyone would point to Bret's awful Dome record.

My buddy was running around talking about how he hoped his Bronco's would dump Cutler & sign Favre. Then some Raider fans were saying the same about themselves. So I thought i'd see where we stood. I think a move like that might sell tickets, but I expect Favre to end it after this year for good.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I personally am tired of hearing about Brett Favre, like I am tired of T.O., Pac-Man Jones and Chad Johnson. If I never hear his name again, it will be too soon.

Go away Brett, you've had your 15 minutes of fame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast