tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If Hard Knocks was following the Rams this preseason

What positions do you think would be the most talked about? Which relatively unknown players would the public watch and just go "wow"

I think with the Rams, it would have to be the WR situation. We have so many players and no clear breakaway starter, it's probably the most open competition around.

I would also say that the competition for the OLB spots would be worth a mention.

Obviously they would mention the QB situation, and the "battle" between Bradford and Feeley

It would be interesting for me to be able to get a look at the battle for the DE spots on the roster. We took a few DEs late on in the draft, and we have seen flashes from Hall Davis and George Selvie. It seems as though Long and Hall are taking up two roster spots, so i would imagine that two spots are open. Could Victor Adeyanju be on the way out?

As for guys that would stand out that are relatively unknown, three players come to mind immediately: Danny Amendola, Larry Grant and Craig Dahl

I expect Amendola to be the slot receiver and kick returner to open the season, and while he may be taken over by Gilyard, i don't see him being worse than fourth string receiver.

Larry Grant should be starting at OLB when the season opens, and has been beastly in preseason action.

Craig Dahl will overtake James Butler to start at safety, I haven't seen anything from Butler during his time with the Rams to suggest he is a better footballer than Dahl

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: If Hard Knocks was following the Rams this preseason

Hard Knocks is all about color. No, not that kind of "color". I mean their personality. Colorful personalities are what make Hard Knocks. From Ray Lewis to T.O. to Rex Ryan, that show is all about the personalities and the next "Cinderella" story.

So if they came to Rams Park, I bet a lot of airtime would go to:

Gilyard, Jason Brown and JL - vocal personalities at varying points in career
    Amendola - a quasi-Cinderella story, but could use archive Cowboys footage as well
    Bradford - oh yea, they will feature the #1 draft pick
    Saffold - a rookie LT? that might get some airtime
    Selvie - a rookie resurrection story.......All-American turned 7th rounder trying to make the team
    Tostens - a true Cinderella story......undrafted but a chance to make roster
    Spagnuolo - a Jersey Italian on the banks of the Mighty Missisip? fagedaboutit
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I have to say, if I were a Jets fan, I'd be embarrassed by Ryan's on screen behavior.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think Ryan is quite funny, but we don't want a comedian as a head coach, i much prefer Spagnuolo's way of doing things. Spags just sounds like a leader when you hear him speak.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I have to say, if I were a Jets fan, I'd be embarrassed by Ryan's on screen behavior.
    Not to be overly stereotypical, but a lot of New Yorkers act like that, so they probably like it.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Tony Dungy didn't think too much of how Ryan acted and the things he said:

Former NFL coach Tony Dungy scolded New York Jets coach Rex Ryan on Monday for the excessive vulgarity he used on the team's appearance on HBO's Hard Knocks.

Ryan drew attention last week when he repeatedly cursed during the inaugural episode of the series that chronicles the Jets' training camp. Dungy, who retired as Indianapolis Colts coach after the 2008 season, said such behavior would cause him to disqualify Ryan from future jobs.

"It's hard for me to be around that," Dungy said on the Dan Patrick radio show. "If I were in charge, I wouldn't hire somebody like that.

Dungy also said he thinks NFL commissioner Roger Goodell should speak with Ryan about his language. "I would hope that he does," Dungy said.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hard Knocks is all about color. No, not that kind of "color". I mean their personality. Colorful personalities are what make Hard Knocks. From Ray Lewis to T.O. to Rex Ryan, that show is all about the personalities and the next "Cinderella" story.

So if they came to Rams Park, I bet a lot of airtime would go to:

Gilyard, Jason Brown and JL - vocal personalities at varying points in career
    Amendola - a quasi-Cinderella story, but could use archive Cowboys footage as well
    Bradford - oh yea, they will feature the #1 draft pick
    Saffold - a rookie LT? that might get some airtime
    Selvie - a rookie resurrection story.......All-American turned 7th rounder trying to make the team
    Tostens - a true Cinderella story......undrafted but a chance to make roster
    Spagnuolo - a Jersey Italian on the banks of the Mighty Missisip? fagedaboutit
    HUb hit the major points. I'm sure they'd play up the angle that Gilyard and Amendola might be playing for the same spot. Gilyard has a pretty extraordinary story of working several jobs and living out of his car for a while. Meanwhile, Danny has come full circle in a way now that he is the veteran fending off the youngsters brought in to provide competition.

As far as positions go, I think the safeties would get some attention. Dahl is the only one of our top four who hasn't been named a team's starter at some point in his career--and even he is good enough to push Butler and Payne for the starting spot beside Atogwe. Plus, all four guys are in their prime.