AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If this is how the old O-liners are going to play, why not put in Barron and Terrell?

Seven sacks?

Against the Niners?

I wouldn't have believed it if you told me before the game that this would happen.

I don't mind having the old men man the line if doing so means that Bulger will be protected. But if this is what we're going to get from them, why not put Terrell and Barron in and let them learn on the job?

I mean, how much worse can it get?

ramavenger is offline Registered User

Angry Re: If this is how the old O-liners are going to play, why not put in Barron and Terrell?

Yeah ,Either Tucker sucks or he had cob up his ass!
    :tut

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: If this is how the old O-liners are going to play, why not put in Barron and Terrell?

Tucker wasn't in there late.. He was benched , I'm sure. Someone had seen enough.

I really thought Terrell would be an upgrade in the running game. Maybe he's not coming along as fast learing the schemes.. Dunno..

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: If this is how the old O-liners are going to play, why not put in Barron and Terrell?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Tucker wasn't in there late.. He was benched , I'm sure. Someone had seen enough.
    No, he got injured. Strained his right calf, I believe.

As for Terrell, I'm still confused as to why he was benched in favor of Nutten. It looked like he was playing well, but perhaps not?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Seven sacks?

Against the Niners?

I wouldn't have believed it if you told me before the game that this would happen.

I don't mind having the old men man the line if doing so means that Bulger will be protected. But if this is what we're going to get from them, why not put Terrell and Barron in and let them learn on the job?

I mean, how much worse can it get?

I agree Av.if MM is so high on these kids especially giving them that kind of $$$$ for never strapping on a chinstrap in the NFL Then i say play them!..............With the $$$$$ spent on our first draft picks we could have went out and bought a premier RT.......and i cannot believe that MM doesnt like Saipia !......He had the most upside as a lineman last year!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: If this is how the old O-liners are going to play, why not put in Barron and Terr

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    No, he got injured. Strained his right calf, I believe.
    Sorry, I missed that.. Thanks for the correction.

/

thrown-track is offline Registered User

7 sacks ...not a good thing. Its gonna be a long season if that line cannot protect Bulger ....IMO he's a dweeb anyway ....keep the pressure and pain on him with a flawed O-Line and we're looking at a worse record than last year.
    Last edited by thrown-track; -09-11-2005 at 08:28 PM.

It happens .....sometimes!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Let's try and keep this thread on topic, which is the offensive line.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

"Dweeb"? Please. Who'd you want, Jamie "Floater" Martin or "Fitz the Noob"?

Poise in the pocket, lightning-quick release, what else you want?
    O-line let him down, game-plan was lacking. Bulger's our boy. Learn to deal.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Considering how badly the O-Line played, Bulger was pretty impressive IMO.

Adjustments had better be made, I don't think I can take another humiliating walk out of Sun Devil Stadium.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Yep ...theres not much wrong with MB at all......line play has been our problem for years!......................KW.......lol couldn't resist!

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    As for Terrell, I'm still confused as to why he was benched in favor of Nutten. It looked like he was playing well, but perhaps not?
    I thought I heard Terrell couldn't last the whole game without wearing down. But until I heard that there was nothing but positives about this guy. Especially his toughness and we could have used that today.
    Sprtsmac :football:

STLRAMSFAN Guest

All agree with bad OL but if it were Warner everyone would be saying he held on to the ball to long. I don’t believe we can blame all 7 on the OL Bulger held the ball for a long time play calling, defense, or Bulger sometimes you got to get rid of it. I think Bulger has good scramble ability but did not use it in the first half. The second half he did I guess he was finally tired of getting hit. The 3 4 is always a problem for us with players coming from different areas. We need to sometimes help out with a TE or FB. I think that Manu is not a good lead blocker as FB. I think Hedge needs to be the starter and I wonder blocking wise how Jackson did. Faulk used to be a great blocker for a RB. Some of these big guys like Manu are not quick in blocking.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac
    I thought I heard Terrell couldn't last the whole game without wearing down. But until I heard that there was nothing but positives about this guy. Especially his toughness and we could have used that today.
    Interestingly enough, both Barron and Terrell were placed on the inactive list before the game ...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...0050911_STL@SF