View Poll Results: How should the Patriots be punished if the Spygate allegations are true?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forfeiture of Super Bowl 36 title in record books.

17 32.08%
  • Suspend Belichick for a minimum of one season.

11 20.75%
  • Forfeiture of additional draft choices.

3 5.66%
  • Huge monetary fine.

1 1.89%
  • Restitution to the Rams (i.e. give up picks to the Rams)

11 20.75%
  • Something more severe?

8 15.09%
  • Something less severe?

2 3.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the latest "Spygate" allegations are true, what should be the consequence?

How do you punish a cheater?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: If the latest "Spygate" allegations are true, what should be the consequence?

As much as the restitution idea would be great for the Rams, I doubt the league would impose such a penalty, so I went with suspending Belichick. That would send the right message.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Re: If the latest "Spygate" allegations are true, what should be the consequence?

I believe it should be more severe. there should be big monetary fines and also some jail time. yes I said it "JAIL TIME" this is the SUBERBOWL. Millions of dollars Were wasted, lost and stolen, people that made serious bets were also stolen from. this is a robbery that should be taking care of in court.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Give us our Lombardi trophy, it does not belong to you belichoke and rest of you cheaters.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, the NFL's reputation is on the line here. Even though maybe, maybe, nothing was used or found out on the tape, why do it in the first place?

I don't know, but restitution sounds good, I'll take more picks for Nick to analyze over anyday.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I'm far too biased to say what should happen, but what would happen? The most they would do to the Pats would be asterisk the championship and assess a heavy fine IMO. More likely, simply a fine and maybe suspend Bellicheat for 4 games or so. I don't feel they would take picks away 6 years after the fact.
    Last edited by Nick_Weasel; -02-04-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Restitution to the Rams (i.e. give up picks to the Rams) And they should lost the title, I don't think we should have it handed to us, but they should not have it.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

The only real solution would be to suspend Bellichek and/or more fines + loss of draftpicks. The whole taking away their #30 pick in the first round was BS. They should have lost their highest first round pick, which would be #8 they got from the Whiners.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I don't think anything can and will be done about this. 1. it was 7 years ago, so why bring it up now, as a Ram fan we all knew they cheated or someone cheated. A lot of the players who played for those teams have retired, and there is now way this current Rams team would come close to beating them, so playing another game wouldn't work.

The only thing that would work would be to suspend Cheating Bill, and his entire staff. Take away draft picks 1-4, this year, and picks 1-2 next year. And ban them from any play off appearances this coming season. Taking any money from the team would not be significant enough they make too much money. So the only thing they could do is give the trophy to the Rams.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

An asterisk would be enough for us as fans. That would elevate the GSOT as one of the best teams in history.

As for the organization, a fine and a couple of draft picks.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    An asterisk would be enough for us as fans. That would elevate the GSOT as one of the best teams in history.

As for the organization, a fine and a couple of draft picks.

You got it, Weasel and Rammer.

SB XXXIV: The tackle

SB XXXVI: The asterisk

As I said yesterday,

I will settle for that special asterisk next to SB XXXVI that may somehow recognize the Rams as having been under cheat, robbery, and treachery by the Paynots. -- RR

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I voted for forfeiture of the title, but I think a combination of the first four choices should be done.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I like the idea of more draft picks. But I also feel they should have to give up that superbowl 36 trophy.

Rambos is online now Registered User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the organization
    This is also a very good idea. They won it but it should be noted what they did to beat the SHOW!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I leaned towards giving up draft picks, and/or large sums of money. I'm also good with kicking Belicheat out of the league for good. But really, putting an asterik next the the title does little for me. ...and I don't think the title should be handed to the Rams. I seriously doubt that the alledged video taping had very little, if any, impact on the outcome of the game. From what I've read, the taping was of the walk-through which was focused on the red-zone offense. If you remember, we had no red-zone offense until the fourth quarter when we finally scored two TD's.

I don't want the Rams to win a Superbowl in the courts. I'd rather they win it on the field, which they failed to do. With that being said, if the Patriots were indeed taping, which would have been against league rules, they should be punished severly for knowingly violating such rules. The message should be that cheaters who get caught pay a huge price. In some other sports, like golf for instance, you cheat and get caught, you're disqualified. Why shouldn't football, baseball or basketball be the same?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
  2. -02-04-2008, 01:11 PM