Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

If the league's MVP is classified as the player most valuable to his team...

...do you think, again, based on that description, that one can make a case that Marc Bulger fits that title?

Discuss.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: If the league's MVP is classified as the player most valuable to his team...

The Team MVP Trophy is given to the player most valuable to his team in comparison to the other players on the team...which Bulger earned and deservedly was awarded.

The League MVP is the most valuable player to his team compared to every other player in the NFL...so while Bulger showed tremendous improvement over last year, I'd have to say no, there is no case at all for him to be League MVP. But there is always next year.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: If the league's MVP is classified as the player most valuable to his team...

Only someone delusional enough to post a link to his video game line up(LMAO) would even pose this question. What planet do you live on?

rampower is offline Registered User

I here what you saying nick, and mark is very valuble to his team.

Is he more valuble to this team than all other, players?

I am not sure of that, but I think they really look for players also head and shoulders above the rest of the league at what they do. Its very hard to judge a player in isolation of he worth to a team, I think.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    Only someone delusional enough to post a link to his video game line up(LMAO) would even pose this question. What planet do you live on?
    He lives on Planet Likes-To-Try-To-Get-Topics-Of-Discussion-Going-Rather-Than-Just-Crapping-On-Everyone-Else's-Opinions. You should join him there. Its a nice place.

I think Bulger's value to the Rams this year is comparable to Manning's value to the Colts, Vick's value to the Falcons, and Culpepper's value to the Vikings. Of course, they don't really pick the awards that way. They just look at who had the best stats. If the Rams ever get the O line solidified, though, Bulger could put up MVP numbers.

I would n ot put him as far as Manning but he is definatly the MVP of this team

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I feel If Martz would have used Jackson more often, this team would have had a better record and the award would go to him! But when it was obvious to Run Martz would mix it up and Pass! Go Figure! Bulger has improved and deserves the award, But I also feel if Martz hadn't waited damn near all year to balance the Offense, That this may be a first round bye! But the big but is..........Maybe his plan will pay off and the boys will find themselves in the BOWL!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    I live on the planet where people actually initiate discussions on message boards rather than insults. Your contributions to this board of this nature continue to mount into an impressive resumé of worthlessness, so I have to admit, I'm pretty content living on a planet where I actually take part in intelligent discussions and conversations with other Rams fans. You think it's delusional for a 22-year-old to chronicle his Madden franchise, yet aren't you the 40-year-old slapping around insults across the Internet? Get some perspective.

Back to the topic at hand, I think by definition, if you define the league's MVP award as the player in the entire league who is most valuable to his team, there is a case to be made for Bulger, I believe. Without him, the Rams lost two games and scored only one offensive touchdown. Chandler threw seven interceptions and Martin was better yet unimpressive. I think most seem to believe that we could have won at least one if not both of those games with Bulger at quarterback.

This isn't a thread about whether or not Bulger should have won this year's MVP, because we all knew that Manning was going to get it. He's had a phenominal year, no doubt. But I just wanted to see if others shared the mindset that another group displayed and thought as some of them did that you could make a case based on the specific definition that Bulger fits the bill.

Does Peyton Manning really fit this description? At first I would have said yes, but against a Denver team still fighting for a win, rookie quarterback Jim Sorgi looked pretty good running the Colts offense (passer rating of 110 w/ two touchdowns). While Manning's presence on the Colts is very important, Sorgi's performance makes me wonder how vital he is to their team, at least in comparison to some other players.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

In the NFC, if Terrell Owens isn't the MVP of the league, they should never give the award away again.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    In the NFC, if Terrell Owens isn't the MVP of the league, they should never give the award away again.
    you know, as much as I dont like TO

thats a true statement .........

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Believe me, it took every bit I had to type it. LOL

I love the way Bulger has progressed this year, and look out next year. Just looking at this year though, it's hard to not go with T.O. in the NFC.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Based on this, I would say Vick should be just as worthy.

The Rams w/o Bulger, the Eagles w/o Owens, the Falcons w/o Vick...they're all 0-2 this season.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Owens...

Most Volatile Player
    Most Vain Player
    Most Villainous Player
    Most Vociferous Player
    Most Vexing Player
    Most Vacuous Player
    Most Vulgar Player
    Most Vile Player
    Most Viperous Player

Yeah, I'd probably give him any of those awards.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Is there any kind of connection to the fact that when Bulger wins the team MVP the Rams don't have a winning record? Who was the team MVP last year when we went 12-4?

I find it more disturbing that Martz has put the Rams in a position where if Bulger goes down we are royally screwed. Bulger isn't the only qb on earth that knows how to run this offense so why are we saddled with Chandler(who was past his playing days 2 years ago), Martin (who had retired. How many "out of retirement" guys do we have anyway?) and Smoker (who apparently isn't smart enough to learn the offense in a year)?

I agree, Bulger is the most valuable player on this team but I also realize that he's the only one being put in a position to succeed. Faulk and Jackson never had a chance to carry the load since Martz refuses to give them the ball on a regular basis.

Last year, my team MVPs were Holt and Little. Though you could almost make a case for Wilkins.
    As for Smoker, I'd like to think that Martz's reluctance to play him was more a function of him being a rookie than the result of an inability to grasp the offense.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast