Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PsychoRamFan is offline Registered User

If Martz coaches for another team next year.

Think about it.How many free agents coming up next year would leave the Rams in order to rejoin Martz.I dont want to think about it.
    Last edited by PsychoRamFan; -11-04-2005 at 01:00 AM.

Theres no such thing as sanity and thats the sanest fact.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: If Martz coaches for another team next year.

A perfect possibility, Psycho. Perhaps not a probability though.

It happened before -- with the Rams, mind you. :1:

End of 1968: George Allen was fired*. Quite a number of Rams showed up in a press conference to show adamant support towards Coach Allen ... (paraphrased), "if he goes, we go!"

:bow: How about them apples?!?

Be it known that the Los Angeles Rams owner at the time, Dan Reeves, considered Coach Allen had a "boring" offense. Bah! He did not like George Allen at all.

But the Rams players sure did. And us fans loved him.

Whether they were old 'over the hill' men or newer team members, they stuck by their quaint head coach, and so did us fans; so much so that even when Reeves finally did fire Allen in 1970, a bunch of Rams left to join Allen at Redskins, where they again succeeded all the way to Super Bowl VII.

For the record, Coach Allen retired with the highest winning percentage in the NFL: 118-54-5. NEVER had a losing season in 12 years with the league.

I realize this is a different situation with Coach Martz. I just wanted to post here some Rams memories of long ago and far away. A Ram Bighorn bondage of 40 years.

:angryram:

* 1967: under George Allen the Rams led NFL in points scored as well as points allowed. A "boring offense" -- such a stupid remark by the owner!

Are you listening, Johnny Shaw? Bah! As if...
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-04-2005 at 06:45 AM.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Re: If Martz coaches for another team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoRamFan
    Think about it.How many free agents coming up next year would leave the Rams in order to rejoin Martz.I dont want to think about it.
    One word paranoia.

Are we going to hear this all season even if we continue to win.

This has already been wrote about here show me the facts were players would leave because of Martz it donít seem like the players are depressed with Vitt leading the charge as interim and all the controversy going on. Besides this off-season Curtis and Pickett are our only two major concerns and they may get those done before seasons end. The just got Wilkins to sign an extension and are working on others because they have cap space. Players these days have less loyalty because they are shown less loyalty (salary cap has a lot to do with it) they know its a business and the fact is Martz has not been winning lately for the Rams and they seem happier then before IMO. I for one would like to table the issue and get behind the TEAM. They seem to be playing as a team.

GO RAMS

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoRamFan
    Contrary to the opinion of some, this is a possibility. I hope we can tie down some of these guys this year, but this is an item to watch for certain. And not just the FAs, what if Faulk decides he's too old to learn a whole new system and just walks away in the offseason? What if Bruce declines to restructure leaving the FO either cap-strapped with Bruce or having to cut him?

Hopefully, none of these come to fruition, but it's certainly something to watch.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm not so sure and honestly I really don't care. Why? Because a new regime is going to call for heads to roll anyway. If the Rams go with a defensive coordinator, I can see Bruce, Faulk, and a few others leaving anyway.

End of 1968: George Allen was fired*. Quite a number of Rams showed up in a press conference to show adamant support towards Coach Allen ... (paraphrased), "if he goes, we go!"

I remember when that stuff was going on.
    I wasnt a Ram fan back then,or a football fan per say.None the less I remember.I didnt start being a Rams fan until Tommy Prothro took over.It took Tommy to rebuild that team,and he did it in 2 years.Chuck Knox got the credit.

Wondering though,Names like Curtis and Archeleta are on the free agent list now.
    Maybe we need an ownership swap again

If we lose this team by losing Martz(and I did say if)just how long will it take to rebuild.Thinking about going through the 90s again is just to painfull.
    Shaw would love to see us go back to the 90s since the Superbowl is to expensive.If he really said that Georgia should have fired him on the spot.What the heck do we watch Football for.We want to see our team go all the way.

ramshogs is offline Registered User

A lot of these free agents will not be missed if they decided follow Mike Martz. After last year and this year, there's not too many free agents worth keeping.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    show me the facts were players would leave because of Martz
    Show me the facts that prove they wouldn't.

We don't know either way; therefore it's a possibility that is perfectly legit to discuss.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Re: If Martz coaches for another team next year.

Are you guys declaring the sky is falling?

Man if we only had a season to play and the hopes for a playoff.

There is also a chance the earth will stop turning tomorrow.

Martz has a losing record over the last 26 games come on do you really think we will play worse next year with or without Martz?

Paranoia

It must be contagious because it seems like itís catching on.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Martz has a losing record over the last 26 games come on do you really think we will play worse next year with or without Martz?
    Yet he has a winning record over his last 29 games. How is that less important than his last 26?
    Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Paranoia
    I can't help but notice your affinity for this word, as you've used it several times to describe all of those who disagree with you. I'm curious how it is you believe this word would apply to everyone who disagrees with you.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

STLRAMSFAN Guest

In psychiatry, the term paranoia was used by Emil Kraepelin to describe a mental illness in which a delusional belief is the sole, or most prominent feature.
    This usage is now largely obsolete and the term is more typically used in a general sense to signify any self-referential delusion, or more specifically, to signify a delusion involving the fear of persecution.
    In popular culture, the term paranoia is usually used to describe excessive concern about one's own well-being, sometimes suggesting a person holds persecutory beliefs concerning a threat to themselves or their property (Coach) and is often linked to a belief in conspiracy theories.

Its the speculation that every thing will get worse that I refer to when I use the word paranoia. It’s when people use the term that players are going to leave because they like Martz without facts. It’s when people buy into the fact that the FO told Martz they did not want to win the Super Bowl. When people say the media treat him different then any other coach and that they have it out for him. When people argue that the FO is not letting Martz get the players he wants and then turn around and say Martz did good by picking Curtis. Its not because some people disagree with me I can accept a good disagreement that could go either way but conspiracy theories are a little over board.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Are you guys declaring the sky is falling?
    Once again, not what we're saying. Why do you even spend time writing out responses that don't deal with what's being said by others?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Paranoia is a little out there.Speculation is what we're doing,But I cant say I'm not worried about the future of my team.

rampete is offline Registered User

oh, puleeese...

when martz leaves it will be business as usual for the rams FO...keep the core of elite players happy and sign journeymen to fill in key spots to stop the bleeding...shaw and co would love to get rid of martz backers anyway...

hey, stlramsfan, read the definition you listed carefull and reflect...you may be in for an epiphany of sort...

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Post Re: If Martz coaches for another team next year.

if mike martz leaves the rams this team goes into automatic rebuild mode. And while the team is finding another identity there maybe 3, 4, 5, maybe six straight losing seasons where the coaches and owners say "WE ARE A REBUILDING IN PROGRESS" i I Hope Martz stays
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast