AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If Pickett Remains On The Fence, Rams Should Order A Sam Adams

On paper, the Rams have the right types of DTs to start in their defense. Glover is a slasher and provides an inside pass rush. Kennedy is supposed to be the big, run-stufing presence.

That said, I think we all know that there is a lot of risk in relying on a 32 year old and a young player who's never fully met his potential.

That is why signing Pickett is so important. Pickett has demonstrated that he can play at a high level, and would give the Rams a solid rotation.

If he doesn't think the Rams' offer is good enough, though, how about Sam Adams?

Adams is certainly on the downside of his career, but I think he could still help the Rams as a rotation guy who can take up blockers and stuff the run. I doubt he would require the kind of money that Pickett is seeking.

Just a thought.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: If Pickett Remains On The Fence, Rams Should Order A Sam Adams

Sam Adams should be the first option if Pickett bolts. If not Sam Adams, maybe Grady Jackson.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

majorram is offline Registered User

I just have a feeling that Pickett will do the rounds and then settle with the Rams.....Adams is a load and he would be cheaper, yep if Pickett won't sign I'm all for Adams...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Bah,
    Don't depend on Kennedy for anything. Up to this point he ain't done so well.

Maybe sign Adams and Pickett, and let Lewis and Kennedy go? I know there are salary cap things, but gee, it'd be nice.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think you're half right, Coy.

If Pickett leaves, I don't think the Rams can fully depend on Kennedy. They need a contingency plan, even if its something as simple as taking another DT prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.

Getting rid of him makes no sense, though. He's under contract and has, at times, demonstrated some real potential.

I want Kennedy on the team. I just don't want him to be the lynchpin of the defense.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Kennedy unfortunately in spite of his size has never been known as a mauler, rather a finesse type guy who relies on quickness. For all his size he hasn't been the "Bear" that his nickname would imply.. Whatever the case he is under contract for one more year (I think) and will have an opportunity to prove that he is not a bust as a #1 pick with some new team mates and a new D Coordinator... We will see.... I would love to see Sam Adams or Grady Jackson even if we do sign Pickett.

I guy I would love to see wearing horns is Broderick Bunkley....

:football:

general counsel is offline Registered User

Short of the great wall of china, i cant imagine a fence strong enough to hold pickett or sam adams.

I think we need to retain pickett. i said before he is worth 4 million per year. I am amazed at how many people thought that he wasnt worth 4 million per year but like the corey chaveous signing or otherwise wanted to keep arch. some people said about 2 mill per year on pickett. Market is close to 6 million guys, like it or not. HE LED THE NFL IN TACKLES AT HIS POSITION. He is young for his position and without major injury. Rebuilding our defense and letting this guy go are not two thoughts that go well together in my view. Older players are fine as fill ins but paying much money for the older guys is asking for major cap trouble later. Furthermore, if you look at nfl revenues the cap will continue to go up. thus, what seems a little pricey today will be less so later.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bruce4life is offline Registered User

if keith traylor availabe or is he still with the dolphins???? rocky bernard is still available so he could be an option as well.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

If Pickett Remains On The Fence

Short of the great wall of china, i cant imagine a fence strong enough to hold pickett or sam adams.

Of course there's a fence that can hold him. Haven't you ever heard of a picket fence?

http://www.csupomona.edu/~athletic/images/D-fence.jpg

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: If Pickett Remains On The Fence

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater

Of course there's a fence that can hold him. Haven't you ever heard of a picket fence?

-rimshot-...........thank you folks, cowboyhater will be here all week, two shows on Saturday.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Re: If Pickett Remains On The Fence

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater

Most excellent dude. I got my eye on you....

I vote to keep Pickett too. As down as I am on our DTs, I think they labored under a dolt. If Pickett can make so many tackles, maybe under some good coaching he can be a stud. Keep him, thus I speak, and thus it shall be!