Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: If the Rams are being so smart with their approach...

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I think that the Rams presume the LB area is where they can "skimp" this season.
    If they can fix the pass rush, I wouldn't disagree with them. If they can't fix the pass rush, it doesn't matter anyway.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

"I think that we....as RamFan Americans....need maps to the QB henceforth these maps would help educate fans like whinerfan Americans and seahawk Americans that.....such as the Rams have a henceforth pass rush that has such as and so forth".....

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    YES , i would love a monster MLB to come from the draft . you know that kinda crazy 6-3' 255 lb terror that puts the fear of god in ya. the rams have not had a real differance maker since their undersizes devil LONDON FLECHER was here .
    We'll get him next year .. Rey Maualuga .. In the meantime I hope we can coax Brandon back into the fold.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I believe they have alot of faith in Draft and Culberson. I mean, if Chillar would break the bank (which is probably why he didn't want to be in STL) because we won't offer him what he wants. The other two teams probably didn't offer him what he wanted either.

I think we could put some trust into Draft and Culberson if Chillar isn't signed.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Here's my question and Gordon's answer:

Armen Dacity: Gordo,

While I don't think the Rams should get into a bidding war or overpay for Brandon Chillar's services, it seems like they have not even made him an offer. Am I right about that and, if I am, why not at least put an offer out there? He's not a world-beater, but he's a solid performer and the Rams are not all that deep at LB.

Jeff Gordon: The Rams sensed early on that Chillar would get offers exceeding their opinion of him. And it appears they are right. I didn't mind him last year, but I don't know that he merits a big investment.
    Not the clearest answer. He seems to be indicating that the Rams didn't make an offer.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

All you have to do is listen to DeVaney talk about this on that radio interview.....

When they ask him about Chillar, he starts talking about how he is BIG on Culberson and then he has to almost back-track to get back to Chillar, saying that he would want chillar back if someone doesn't offer him a big contract.

...he doesn't want him back, and I think he expected him to already be gobbled up by the Cards.

We're thin at LB, makes no sense not to offer him a reasonable deal at this point.

viper is offline Registered User

It would be nice to know what is going on with Chillar. He was a solid performer last year for the most part. Apparently, he isn't getting the offers that he expected. Hopefully, he figures that out before the draft so that we don't need to spend a pick to replace him. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't consider an upgrade at SLB in the draft. Only that we aren't forced to by his departure.

I'd also like to see both Culberson and McGarigle get a good look this offseason. Although, I believe they are both MLB's. Still, they both have a lot of upside IMO.
    Last edited by viper; -03-10-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-10-2008, 12:42 AM