Rambos is offline Registered User

If the Rams had Bruce and Holt

If we had Bruce and Holt as one and two wide-outs.... and no other changes to the current roster.

How far would we go? Win the west? Get to the championship game? Super Bowl?

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: If the Rams had Bruce and Holt

Sequel to GSOT!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Well I've read the fine print and putting Bruce and Holt in right now would spell disaster for their health and our roster slots.

Oh wait what? If they were in their primes? Then we're bound to make the playoffs with a bye week and maybe homefield advantage.

Well I've read the fine print and putting Bruce and Holt in right now would spell disaster for their health and our roster slots.
    That is funny.... not so funny is they both would have a shot at a roster spot.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

NFC championship game at least. Maybe we wouldn't be somebody like the Packers, or the Steelers (if we got to the superbowl) but we would be a top 5 team in the NFL. We could beat any team in the league on any day, I just think a few teams would still be better.

theodus69 Guest

Why don't we wait and see what we get with the current group. Bradford made the best of a patch work wr corp. We got back Avery and so far these kids we got dont look to shabby!

Why don't we wait and see what we get with the current group. Bradford made the best of a patch work wr corp. We got back Avery and so far these kids we got dont look to shabby!
    its all in fun trying to kill some time until the real games start...

The question is not meant to disrespect the WR on this team... it's more about how good is the rest of this team.

I think we would make a real run at the SB with the parts we have IF the WR where a proven commodity. Maybe this year the ones we have become just that proven and we make the run!

CryDickCry Guest

That's not even a fair question to ask. That would be awesome though.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

It'd be unfair.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Keenum is offline Registered User

This is interesting, because I think this would affect the defense almost as much as the offense.

I think no doubt we would score more. Bruce may be the best route-runner in NFL history, and Holt is right there with him. Bradford is also the type of QB who would work with these guys and just like Kurt Warner did in the GSOT, he would know where they are all the time and master the art of "throwing to a spot" rather than "throwing to your guy." This would also take defenders out of the box, and if the O-line can play like they did tonight, Jackson would be primed for a monster season.

This of course means more scoring. The defense would then probably get some more rest per game and be "more fresh" than in the past. This defense has played very well at times, and this front four is looking scary. I think the D would improve as well. They may give up more yardage becaue teams are passing more (because our offense is scoring more), but I also think we could unleash the front-four at times since we would know the opposition is passing. We would really get to see what Long, Quinn, and the others have when they are allowed to become pure-pass rushers.

Could be a very scary team. The key is still in the O-line though, as I feel it is this season. The pass protection has been pretty good, so Bradford would have the time he needed to find Bruce and Holt. This SHOULD open up the running lanes for Jackson, but if the O-line still played as they did in some games last year, Jax may still have very little running room and it would be difficult to close out some games.

I think I may have way over-analyzed this,