View Poll Results: Which 2013 NFC playoff team is least likely to make it back in 2014?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seattle Seahawks

1 2.63%
  • Carolina Panthers

11 28.95%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

10 26.32%
  • Green Bay Packers

0 0%
  • San Francisco Niners

8 21.05%
  • New Orleans Saints

8 21.05%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KoaKoi

Thread: If the Rams are to make the playoffs in 2014, what team will they displace?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the Rams are to make the playoffs in 2014, what team will they displace?

Assuming that the league does not expand the playoffs for 2014, what NFC playoff team do you think is most likely to be displaced by a new contender, like the Rams?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: If the Rams are to make the playoffs in 2014, what team will they displace?

Just guessing but, hopefully the Rams will improve by as much as the Panthers will decline. Just enough!

punahou is offline Registered User

I put the Eagles, as Im still unsure if Kelly can keep up the teams consistancy at this Pro level.

However, I am also not sold on Carolina and that team rides the whims of Cam's inconsistancy.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I dont really see how Eagles and Packers are really an option because the 2 divisions need to send a team to the playoffs

It just happened this year as the AFC West put three teams in the playoffs but as good as our division is its hard to see that happening again next year...It was a very tough choice but I had to choose the ***** mainly because I want us beat them and take em straight out of the playoffs

live4ramin is offline Registered User

We can't breakout of the west unless we unseat Seattle or the 69rs. Soooo, my guess is the lesser.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I picked the 49whinners...simply because the NFC West is more a tough division, where as if you look at the other divisions, who are the contenders (Packers/Bears...haven't a clue about where the Lions are going and you can forget the Vikings)....there is the Panthers and who else in their division? The same can be said about the Eagles; there are the Eagles and who else....Cowgirls....Giants.

Till someone else steps up in their divisions and proves me wrong, its another NFC West show

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't see us winning the West. The top two teams in the NFL are the top two teams in the West (ugh, it pains me to say that.) So to make the playoffs, we will have to be the #6 seed. And if next season holds with this season that will mean leap-frogging the Saints, Cards, Cowboys, and Bears.

It took 11-5 just to get into the playoffs this year. That's a 4 game improvement. Tough, but not out of the question.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm thinking we will have to finish 1st or 2nd in the NFC West to have a shot at the playoffs. I'm hoping the Seahawks have a Superbowl hangover and slip next season. So, my guess is that we replace the Seahawks.

The recipe for the playoffs is simple...Win in the division, not lose those games where your the dominate team, and pickup a few wins against real contenders.

Seagulls/49whinners did just that, though the Seagulls did a better job of it. Rams lost to teams they should not have (negative), ended with a more losses in the division (negative), but managed to win most of the games they should have won and even pickup wins against contender teams (positives).

Assume had the Rams gone 10-6 with the losses (6) been to division rivals; I don't think the Rams would have made the playoffs without a lot of help. And had they gotten that help, how many games would the Rams gotten into the playoffs knowing Seagulls and 49whinners are waiting for them?

Its simple, WIN YOUR DIVISION and your in...hell the Seagulls got in at 7-9 a few seasons ago and even managed to knock off the Saints. This time around the stars aligned for the Seagulls, a top tier defense, an affective offense, and a division that's tough where they had to bring their (A) game. Other factors helped like not having too many injuries, and they managed to obtain and keep home field.

Where as with the Rams have a top tier defense, though you wouldn't know it do to poor game planning and schemes, have an average offense with some glaring weakness and a less then imaginative playbook and play calling, but critically inconsistent at times on both sides of the ball. Correct those issues, and add something that gives you an edge and a difference and YES the Rams can knock off someone and make the playoffs

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Assume had the Rams gone 10-6 with the losses (6) been to division rivals; I don't think the Rams would have made the playoffs without a lot of help.
    You mean just like how the Cardinals went 10-6 this year and didn't go to the playoffs?
    live4ramin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    You mean just like how the Cardinals went 10-6 this year and didn't go to the playoffs?
    Actually the Cards took a game away from the Rams (1-1)....scratch that one loss to the Rams early in the season and its 11-5 record. I can't recall what the playoff picture looked like with who need a win and who needed to lose but darn had they taken both games it would have been an interesting picture. At the start of the season, it was discussed having 3 NFC West Teams in the playoffs....so maybe

RuffRams is offline Registered User

It's gonna have to be a wildcard. I think the Saints end up winning the NFC south, Falcons compete harder which will lead the Panthers to decline. We take their spot. I am also a little biased as I hate the Panthers after Niners/Pats/Hawks.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

We'll have to win in our division to "net" any kind of record. There it is. So we need the coaches to start coaching.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I think we can go 3-3 in our division and still get a wildcard! With KC & Denver being our only other Tough opponents. I think we should beat any other we play or the entire NFC East.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I'd say the Niners, this is year two going far and not winning the whole thing. I think this next year is a restock and reload season. It could be possible 3 teams from the NFC WEST make it into the playoffs, in order to do so the non division winners will have to win more than 12 games. Not sure if that will happen.