RamWraith is offline Registered User

If the shoe fits, Torry Holt will wear it and then give it away

November 23, 2007
    If the shoe fits, Torry Holt will wear it and then give it away

For Rams WR Torry Holt, it’s all about the shoes.
    Holt has more than 50 pairs of size 12.5 Reebok tennis shoes filling the bottom of two locker stalls at Rams Park.
    However, Holt is no Imelda Marcos. Unlike the wife of the former president of the Philippines who was known for her shoe obsession, Holt’s shoe collection has nothing to do with vanity.
    Holt autographs and then donates his shoes to charities after he wears them.
    “All of those shoes in there, I have worn,’’ Holt said. “I only wear my shoes maybe once or twice. I sign them, box them up and send them to my foundation guy.’’
    If any of Holt’s teammates needs something for their charities, he always has a pair of shoes handy for them.
    Holt said he’s gotten the most of his shoe contract that he’s had with Reebok for the last four or five years.
    “While I have one, I’m taking full advantage,’’ Holt said. “They can never say I didn’t take full advantage of my contract.’’
    -- DE James Hall is questionable for the Rams’ game against the Seattle Seahawks due to a sore ankle.
    “We’ll decide on Sunday on him,’’ Rams coach Scott Linehan said of Hall’s availability against the Seahawks. “It’s really tender and sore. He’s played through a lot of pain his career. He’ll be available in my opinion.’’
    Linehan said that Hall would need to be spelled more often if he plays.
    DT Adam Carriker could slid over to DE, the position he played in college, and DE Eric Moore, known mostly for his pass rushing, also could see some playing time in Hall’s spot.
    Carriker played about seven snaps at DE last Sunday after Hall aggravated his ankle injury.
    “He’s played there his whole career in college,’’ Linehan said of Carriker lining up at DE. “It’s new for him here, but it’s not that big of adjustment at all.
    Hall said he planned on playing against the Seahawks.
    “As of today, I’m going,’’ Hall said. “It got stronger during the course of the week. The swelling went down, and I’m happy about that. It kind of feels how it did at this point last week.’’
    -- LT Alex Barron is listed as probable for the Rams’ game against the Seattle Seahawks. Barron had limited practice time this week due to a sore neck, an injury that was sustained last Sunday against the San Francisco *****.
    “He did a little more work today,’’ Linehan said of Barron. “He’s getting better.’’
    -- It looks like C Andy McCollum will keep the starting job even though C Brett Romberg appears healthy. Romberg, who has been bothered by a sprained right ankle, was listed as probable on the Rams’ injury report.
    Linehan said the Rams’ coaching staff will make a decision on who will play at C over the weekend.
    “That’s his natural position,’’ Linehan said of McCollum, who at age 37 is the oldest Rams player. “He’s basically defying all the odds and logic for a guy his age to still be playing at the level he is playing. We haven’t been disappointed at all.’’
    -- The Rams’ game against the Seahawks is a sellout, meaning it will be televised locally on KTVI Channel 2. The Rams’ two previous home games were blacked out locally.
    “That’s good,’’ Holt said. “I’m glad that the fans are acknowledging us and coming out and supporting us now that we’re won two games.’’

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: If the shoe fits, Torry Holt will wear it and then give it away

Glad to see we got back to selling out games.
    Nice thing Holt is doing there.