Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: If someone had told you when last season ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    I would've been upset if you told me, because if I knew, it would've made my offseason even more boring. :redface:

[and we would've spent all our time spamming ram message boards with our crazy offseason predictions...
    wait a minute... we do that anyway.]
    Plus it might have messed your Vegas bet:tongue:

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I would have said, Good, we're finally treating the offseason with the sense of preparation that we need to be treating it. We're finally taking the offseason seriously and responsibly. I'm loving it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I might have responded ... "when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars, this is the dawning of the Age of Aries, the Age of Aries ..."

jones7389 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    The field turf has not been installed yet. I am skeptical about this really happening.

i can see where you are coming from, but it will happen, they now have an agreement and the rams will hold them to it.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jones7389
    i can see where you are coming from, but it will happen, they now have an agreement and the rams will hold them to it.
    This is just me running my mouth at the wrong time. I responded to this before I read the other articles that say the turf is being installed.

I love it when my timing is off and I sound retarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I might have responded ... "when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars, this is the dawning of the Age of Aries, the Age of Aries ..."
    will this be a new dawning of the age of Aries?

oh clever one, are you predicting good things for this season? Or are you just throwing about modified lyrics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GreensMachine is offline Registered User

I would have said "Big Deal."

1. Coakley will be okay, but Claiborne is toilet water in uniform.

2. Pace signs long term deal. Hey, great for you guys. Now he won't be a distraction and he'll be an anchor for the rest of his career.

3. Leonard Little. Honestly now...if it had been your mother or wife that he'd killed and he was arrested for drunken driving again, don't you think you'd change your tune on this. The guy's a player, no doubt about it, but if he violated terms of his probation, then throw his a$$ in jail.

4. Alex Barron. There's a reason this guy slipped. He has the heart of a pussy cat and the killer instict of a Jehovah's Witness. Talent...sure. Desire...no way.

5. Field turf. This one helps the rest of the division more than you. Your offense is positively devastating on concrete and no one wants to travel to St Louis and play on that surface. This isn't going to make a huge difference either way, but it does ease the mind of defensive backs in the NFC West.

I can't possibly see how Rams fans believe these minor changes will return the team to the glory days. This division is improved across the board and St Louis has done the least of all.

Beware the Cards. You can't deny that we are VASTLY improved. And don't forget your hated Seahawks. There won't be a drop off in the northwest.

Cards 10-6
    Seahawks 9-7
    Rams 7-9
    ***** 4-12

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GreensMachine
    but if he violated terms of his probation, then throw his a$$ in jail.
    Which he didn't. Thanks for playing.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Cards 10-6
    Numerical dyslexia...

Let's find a cure in our lifetime.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    ... are you predicting good things for this season? Or are you just throwing about modified lyrics?
    Just your typical twisted picture. Events have been unfolding over the off season suspiciously well. But no point in calling the devil on Friday the 13th ...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine
    1. Coakley will be okay, but Claiborne is toilet water in uniform.
    How sad that you lost your credibility with your first point. Kinda discredits the rest of the points.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SeaTown Guest

Hey guys. Before you jump all over me and my opinions simply because I'm a Hawk fan, hear me out. If my responses come off sarcastic, it's more joking than ripping on you guys. So don't take it personally. People outside the Ram love zone tend to have slightly differing opinions. Tell me why you think I'm wrong. Debate is always welcomed. Just don't dismiss what I say as "stupid Seahawk fan!" Ok, here goes:

1. The Rams would sign Dexter Coakley and Chris Claiborne;

While huge upgrades over the crap you guys had at LB last year, Coakley and Claiborne aren't exactly world beaters. Coakley is a nice player and a definate improvement. But he's not the players he once was (still good though). Dallas wouldn't have cut him if they still thought as high of him as they once did. Claiborne on the other hand is a pile of trash. I'm not going to convince any of you of this. Fans ALWAYS convince themselves that most any move could be good in the offseason. (Tards fans and Kurt Warner) Ask Viking or Lions fans what they think of the guy. Yeah, he had a lot of upside coming outta college, but he's been a HUGE underachiever. You don't bounce around to 3 teams in 4 seasons if you are as good as you guys think he is. Still though, an upgrade from last year. But "would you believe the Rams signed these guys?" is a bit much. Had you asked me that question, I'd have said, "I don't see why not." A team with huge LB needs signing 2 mid level FA's isn't exactly a shocker.

2. Orlando Pace would sign a long-term deal;
    Ok, this one I wouldn't believe. As a Hawk fan I can sympathize on this. I'd never believed that Walter Jones would've signed either. Both are huge for the Rams and Hawks. It will be nice for both teams to be able to go into free angency next year without the all the question marks surrounding the LT's.

3. Leonard Little would be found not-guilty;

100% agree with Greensmachine on this one. Just for a second try to take offf the rose colored glasses and step outside of the Ram love zone. The guy killed and then had the audacity to drive drunk again. Football is one thing, but rooting for a high profile athlete to once again beat the system and get off is sickening. It's sad that you can basically get away with anything in this country if you have $$$ and a good lawyer. It's good for you football team, but sad for you as human beings. As for would I have believed it? Of course. he's rich, isn't he?

4. Alex Barron would fall into the Rams' laps in the draft;

WOW!!! Who would've ever believed in their wildest dreams that the Rams would draft a player most people projected them to get?! And at a position just about everybody and their grandmother said they would pick. Barron was supposed to go around 19. NOT A SHOCKER! It's not like a projected top 5 pick fell all the way to 19. Sheesh, try to not be the most biased group of fans in the league. Congrats, you got a player with some nice potential at a position of need. You didn't just win the lottery. So would I have believed that the Rams would take a RT that was projected to go close to where they were picking? Uh, yeah. Just barely though.

5. The Edward Jones Dome would get Field Turf...

I don't know what I would've thought had you said this one. But so what?! What exactly does this do for your team? Other than maybe cutting down on injuries a bit, NOTHING. The Hawks went from turf to field turf a few years back, and it wasn't exactly the missing link as some of you seem to think.

Like Greensmachine pointed out, are you all forgetting why the Rams have been so good over the years at home? THE FAST TRACK for Warner, Bulger, and company!!! The Rams built their team and their playbook to take advantage of this. I'd bet you a million bucks sMartz doesn't like this one bit. This led to the Rams being a great team at home. We all know their troubles on the road. Really, I see this one as a wash. You get the plus of the players not having to suffer playing on concrete. But also the minus of losing your advantage of the fast track.

Field turf in a dome? Great for y'all. My question is this though. Why do the Rams have to play in a dome. This is the year 2005!!! Domes are a thing of the past. Football should be played outdoors. And it's not exactly as if St.Louis is a horrible place weather wise to be outside in the fall. If Seattle, Arizona, Houston, Detroit, Cincinnati, among others can all build new stadiums for their teams, why can't STL? While you may miss the noise advantage you get from a dome, trust me on this, you will never regret going outdoors. I grew up going to games in the Kingdome. It was so loud in there in the 80's that the NFL had to impliment noise rules. But being outside at the new stadium is one of the best things ever. It makes the game so much better. So why not STL?
    ------

In conclusion, I don't exactly see what the big deal with the "would you in your right mind believe it" to these events. Besides the Pace signing, everything esle is about par for the course of a typical offseason. To be utterly shocked and amazed at resigning a top RT, signing 2 mid level LBs, a rich millionaire getting off on a trial, drafting a player in the 1st round, and getting field turf is a tad bit of an overstatement. You must've all had some seriously low expectations. If that was the case, congrats on an totally awesome offseason.
    Last edited by SeaTown; -05-14-2005 at 02:18 PM. Reason: additon

GreensMachine is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    How sad that you lost your credibility with your first point. Kinda discredits the rest of the points.
    I work with two guys from Minnesota who are die-hard Vikings fans. When Claiborne signed years ago those two reacted EXACTLY the same way you guys are right now. When Claiborne left, after absolutely zero effort by Minnesota to retain him, both of them were excited to see him go. And this is after they lost a starting linebacker from what was a paltry group to say the least.

Is he terrible...no...that was perhaps a hasty assumption on my part. I have since compared his stats to those of your previous crew and he compares favorably in most stats. However, this guy battles weight problems and effort issues throughout the season and that drove Vikings staffers and fans crazy. Detroit couldn't change him, Minnesota couldn't change him and he'll continue to be the same old Chris in St Louis. He wasn't a cap casualty, he was shown the door.

Coakley, on the other hand, will prove to be a nice acquisition. Seems to be the high character leadership type that the Rams need at LB. But he's not a great player. Good...not great.

Here's the point...your linebacking crew IS better, but not enough to elicit all these giddy posts that infer you've signed two top tier FA.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTown
    Dallas wouldn't have cut him if they still thought as high of him as they once did.
    Actually, most of the Dallas fans I've heard from on message boards feel they lost a great player when Coakley was cut, but thought it was a move made because the Cowboys' coaching staff doesn't believe he's going to fit what they're doing scheme-wise in 2005.

The guy killed and then had the audacity to drive drunk again.
    Actually, he was found innocent of drunken driving from his 2004 incident. Let's remember that, please.

WOW!!! Who would've ever believed in their wildest dreams that the Rams would draft a player most people projected them to get?!
    The Rams drafted Jammal Brown? This is news to me...

This is the year 2005!!! Domes are a thing of the past.
    Laughable.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Imagine our excitement Seatown and Greensmachine, when we signed two linebackers that you both agree were upgrades to what we had. We swept the Seachickens 3-0 with crappy linebackers, I wonder what we can do with upgrades? The Cards on the other hand what have they done lately to come in here and smack us for anyting? I know you beat us 31-7 with Jamie (I Suck) Martin at the healm. Lets hear it Cards fan what have you done lately. Are you really that improved that you think the Cards will win the West? Who's going to run the ball for you Shipp, or an unproven Arrington? Hey maybe Hambrick can do it he couldnt beat out a rundown Emmitt Smith in Dallas or Arizona. I dont know about you Greensmachine but I'll take any of the Rams top 3 wr's on any of your corners any day. Funny how greensmachine is banging on our lb's with that high powered group they have in AZ you know the ones Huff,Mckinnon,Dansby and Darling. Need I say more about your Cardinals.

I would have said "Big Deal."

I can't possibly see how Rams fans believe these minor changes will return the team to the glory days. This division is improved across the board and St Louis has done the least of all.
    The reason the Rams improved the least is because the Rams had the least to improve on. We did sweep division winning Seachickens 3 straight times and advance or in the Cardinals case at least make the playoffs.

Field turf in a dome? Great for y'all. My question is this though. Why do the Rams have to play in a dome. This is the year 2005!!! Domes are a thing of the past. Football should be played outdoors. And it's not exactly as if St.Louis is a horrible place weather wise to be outside in the fall. If Seattle, Arizona, Houston, Detroit, Cincinnati, among others can all build new stadiums for their teams, why can't STL? While you may miss the noise advantage you get from a dome, trust me on this, you will never regret going outdoors. I grew up going to games in the Kingdome. It was so loud in there in the 80's that the NFL had to impliment noise rules. But being outside at the new stadium is one of the best things ever. It makes the game so much better. So why not STL?.
    This is maybe the lamest bunch of BS I have ever heard. If the Rams are faster and the track slows down arent the Rams still faster? As for why the Rams don't build a new stadium. If you dont know you will now find out. The Rams moved to St. Louis in 1995 isnt the Dome new enough? I mean how often should teams build stadiums. I know the Seachickens Kingdome was around forever so I think the Rams being in this stadium is still ok and not a thing of the past.

Im going to say this now and it seems I have to say it every year to our fans of the division foes. Win something first and beat us first and knock us out of the playoffs first before coming around and bashing our offseason moves and predicting your teams to finish first. Just DO IT, if you DO IT then I will then say your team is better and I wont get so excited about our offseason moves. For now however, the Rams are just the better team and maybe that's what's really bothering you two under the surface. Like Torry Holt said "we run the west,to be the best you have to beat the best". If you can't stand admiring us from second place then beat us!
    Just Fix It

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast