Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: If someone had told you when last season ended...

I think that the Seahawks have had a good offseason. However, I think that, for all the signings, they have more or less maintained the status quo, rather than improving.

Offensive Line
    Like the Rams, the Seahawks have lost a starting RT in Chris Terry who had on and off the field problems. However, unlike the Rams, who have replaced their RT with a Blue-Chip rookie, the Seahawks seem to be relying on marginal players to step up. That's what the Rams did last year, and we all know how well that worked.

Wide Receiver
    The addition of Pathon and Jurevicious may help with the dropped balls issue, but that's about it. Truth is, these two guys would be fighting for the 4th WR position on the Rams, at best.

Pass Rush
    Okefor is gone, and he was one of the better pass rushers on the Seahawks. Bryce Fisher is a nice player, but without a Leonard Little drawing double teams on the other side (and, no, Grant Wistrom does not draw many double teams), he's hardly a major pass rush threat. The loss of Chad Brown, which Seahawk fans generally minimize given his age and injury problems, also hurts the pass rush, as he can be a premier pass rusher when healthy. While Jamie Sharper is a very good addition for run support, he's not a pass rusher. I think the question Seahawks fans should be worrying about is not only how badly Marc Bulger will carve up their defense if they can't get a consistent pass rush going, but rather how badly Kurt Warner and Alex Smith will carve them up.

Cornerbacks
    Andre Dyson/Kelly Herndon vs. Ken Lucas/Bobby Taylor (who probably won't be back). Sorry, I don't see an improvement there. In fact, while Dyson has been a productive player in his career, I am more concerned when the Rams have to face a bigger, more physical, player like Lucas.

So, while the Seahawks did an admirable job in keeping a number of key free agents, I don't really see the improvement.

SeaTown Guest

Since we feel the need to nitpick eachothers every word and conveniently spin the others words in our own favor by harping on minor points, I felt I'd do the same. Ha ha ha. Here goes.

The only thing I took offense to is your misrepresentation of how we're carrying ourselves, by suggesting we were gathering together to drink Kool-Aid since the stars had to be aligned for this amazing offseason.
    Come on man. What do you expect me to say. You guys are coming off a rather poor season. The only thing that salvaged it at all and kept it from being a disaster was the fact that you had the Hawks number. I will be the first to admit that the Hawks were an extremely mediocre team last year. And for as mediocre as they were, they played their absolute worst ball against you guys. Without the two wins against them the Rams are 6-10 and don't look so pretty one bit. What I'm arguing here isn't that the Rams didn't beat the Hawks, they obviously did, and if the Hawks want to do a damn thing this year they have to take out the Rams. What I am saying is that you guys weren't at all that far from a 6-10 season. So you add 2 linebackers who are considered upgrades. ok. Now that is enough to propell you to 12-5 or as one person on this board put it "a conservative 11-5"?

Maybe you don't realize it, but as an outsider it is very apparant. Nothing is wrong in Ram land. Everything is great. We had the perfect offseason. 8-8? so what. That was a fluke. Back to being a dominant team. We only won 8 games last year, but we got one above average LB and one average one. Add that to a team that to a team that beat a mediocre Seattle team 3 times! (we'll just conveniently ignore the fact that our only other wins were against the Cards, Niners, Bucs, and two teams with playoff spots already lined up.) How can you deny that?! Watch out NFL!

All I have to add to that is one thing, 47-17. How quickly we forget. But you now have Claiborne and Coakley. That won't happen any more, will it?

Wait, are we talking about the Rams or Seahawks draft here? At least we took a bonafide first rounder in the first round.
    Congratulations on taking a higher rated player 4 spots ahead. And for you own info, Spencer is rated by many as the highest center in the last 10 years. I think that is fairly decent, maybe not sexy or an instant impact, but you'll have fun lining up against him the next 10 years.

And as for the "bonadide stater comment. I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. This is the same team that has drafted such first round studs as Jimmy Kennedy, Robert Thomas, Damione Lewis, Trung Canidate, and Lawrence Phillips isn't it? If my memory serves me right, I can remember you all saying the exact same things about all of them.

I agree completely. I didn't think you guys would be able to get all three. Is it true that Alexander will probably be signed long term in July?
    Not exactly sure. He's currently holding out. He's been saying good things in the media, but you can't always believe that. We'll see. If you would've asked me before the offseason, I'd have said that there was no way. But Shaun may have been given a harsh dose of reality when he found NO suitors besides the Hawks this year. It may be time to take whatever he can get before he gets closer to that rb experation date. Teams are going young and cheap. Just look at Edgerrin James. No takers either.

Then there is also the tired argument among Seahawks fans whether to keep him and give him big bucks or not. I'd guess that it is almost 50-50 in terms of yay or nay among Hawk fans. Looking at his numbers it sounds ridiculous. But when you watch him day in and day out, some find his style a tad bit frustrating. Some want a physical up the gut pound away guy, and Shaun is definately not that. Also there are some who were offended at his "being stabbed in the back" comment and don't consider him a team player. IMO, the guy produces, plain and simple. You don't just get rid of a player like that and think that Mo Morris will replace his production. That said, the Hawks said that they were willing to take a 2nd rounder for him before the draft. Indy said the same about James. One draft day they were asking for a first and obviously couldn't get it. That shows that they are not 100% in the Shaun Alexander corner. But at this time, you really don't have any options besides a very weak Mo Morris/Kerry Carter RBBC. If the Hawks can get Shaun signed long term at a reasonable rate, they'll do it. Worst case scenario he signs the tender and is forced to play his a$$ off for a new deal once again.

You shouldn't. Fisher didn't do much at all until the end of the year, and benefitted greatly from having Leonard Little on the other side of the line. I doubt he's as productive on a line bookended by Wistrom.
    While I don't expect Fisher to be a 10+ sack guy in the least, I think you are your allegeances are causing you to ho hum it just a tad too much. Kinda the way some Hawk fans are Okeafor. You guys liked Fisher fine and dandy last year. He may not have been a stud, but he was a good player in your eyes. I remember. It's also funny how little we ever heard of Anthony Hargrove until Fisher was gone. Now it's all like, "he wouldn't have played anyway." Ok, whatever you say. I still consider it a wash though. You can even say that Okeafor is a slightly better player, which he probably is. The fact is that the Hawks got Fisher for HALF the money Chike got. That allowed them to go out and sign some of the other guys the got. And this defense had more than just a need a DE.

I don't consider Herndon more than a nickel back, probably the guy who's going to be stealing time from Bobby Taylor, if he's even on the team when the season begins.

Still, I think Dyson, Trufant, and Herndon is better than the Lucas, Trufant, Taylor combo.
    You are probably right. But he is about as good a nickle back as you are going to find in the league. He started the entire season last year for Denver and held his own. He was thrown at constantly with Champ Bailey on the opposite side of the field and he ended up near the top of the league in passes deflected. I'll admit that when they signed him (before they signed Dyson) I was more than unimpressed. But it turns out that they were able to still get Dyson. And with as much as the Hawks use the nickle back you need 3 good corners.

The Trufant, Dyson, Herndon comparison to Trufant, Lucas, and Taylor seems logical. But in actuality Bobby Taylor only played 2 or 3 games last year and really never contributed. The comparison should be made with Trufant, Lucas, and Kris Richard. Richard is by far a nickle in this league, and quite frankly I'm amazed he has stayed on the team as long as he has.

Actually it's closer to 124 total, 95 solo, but who's counting? I'll assume it was your homerism that hyped the number a bit.
    Maybe, but not entirely. He has averaged 147 tackles, 110 solo over the past 3 seasons. Not exactly too shabby.

I'd love to see what you'd be saying about the amazing duo of Coakley (89 tot, 73 solo) and Claiborne (79 tot, 60 solo) if they had the same numbers over the past 3 years. Even better, I'd love to see what you'd be saying if it was the Rams who signed Sharper and the Hawks signed your two Pro Bowlers. You make decent points most of the time, but here you are being the biggest Ram shill possible. I know you won't admit it, but you'd trade either of those guys for Sharper in a second.

Sharper's going to help you in run support, but I wouldn't count on him to make a play on a ball in the air. Two career interceptions isn't impressive in the slightest.
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Seriously? That is your attempt at downplaying the Hawks signing a better linenbacker than the two you got? Ha ha ha ha. Oh no, whatever will we do. You know you are always depending on your linebackers to pick up the slack on INTs. I hope the combined 1 INT Claiborne and Coakley got last year come in handy in that regard. Seriously dude, you are grasping at straws here.

It's interesting though how the Seahawks have players with potential while the Rams' LB core is just "crap," as you put it.
    When the heck did I say that? I said Claiborne was crap, nobody else. I said that Coakley was a good player, but not a pro bowler like you think. And the rest of your LBs I never even mentioned other than that the two new guys are upgrades. You have said the very same this entire time yourself. As for saying the Hawks unknown LBs have potential, so what? Since when is that exactly a ringing endorsement? More than anything that means you don't know if they'll be any good. Which is the case with Lofa Tatupu, Niko Koutivides, DD Lewis, Tracy White, LeRoy Hill, and company. Orlando Huff had potential, but he never realized it. Don't take me saying the hawks have a bunch of unknowns as a good thing. Cuz it's not and wasn't meant to be one.

"Greatly" is a bit of an overstatement. Jurevicious has quality hands, if he can stay on the field. A 30-year-old receiver who only appeared in 30 games the last three years wouldn't have me throwing out the word "greatly." As for Pathon, decent signing but nothing special - speedy guy but isn't known for great hands. Maybe that's why he's in Seattle.

I'm not sure where you get "great" out of either of these players, though. Who's starting opposite of Jackson this season? Because I don't see Engram, Jurevicious, or Pathon as anything more than a slot or possession receiver, and Koren Robinson is a disappointment.
    Once again you harp on one singular word to make me out to sound as if I'm bragging. Come on, this is stupid. People are allowed to throw out words without being indicted for it. Greatly may be a bit strong of a word, so what. The WR corps is improved as a whole. Having DJack, Engram, Pathon, Jurevicious, Koren (rumors of him being cut), along with young guys like Urban, Hackett, and Bannister is much better than the situation last year. The Hawks were forced to go and trade for an over the hill Jerry Rice because they were so thin at WR. Go ahead, knock free agent signings just cuz they aren't those of your glorious Rams. We'll see how tduring the season how they all play out.

1) Signing Pace long term is something we've been fighting for years now, and definitely is a huge step in the right direction. No longer will we be hindered by the franchise tag on that offensive tackle, and can now use it on other players if we feel they're worthy. Furthermore, we get Pace in training camp, so any drop off in play we saw last season should be corrected.
    Touche. I'm with you 100% here. Exact same position with us and Jones.

4) Safety was a concern, and I don't have much optimism that Adam Archuleta is going to work out as a free safety. My prognostication is that he is offered a minimal contract by the Rams after this season at best, because it seems clear that by drafting Bartell, Atogwe, and Carter, the Rams think they have their defensive secondary taken care of. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carter or Atogwe win a starting safety job going into this season, because both have shown a lot of potential. I'm a really big fan of Atogwe, so I'd like to see him make a quick impact.
    What's the deal with Archuleta anyway. You guys were so high on him after his first season. Now things have seemed to have deteriorated. Wasn't the team going to at one point convert him to a linebacker? I can see why they didn't with singing C&C music factory. But what does that say about how the team views Arch? Does he have much of a place in the Rams future? Cuz I thought he was sposed to be good. What happened to change everyone's minds so quickly? Come to think about it, wasn't it Pisa that they wanted to convert to a safety? I'm getting my rotating Rams defense all confused. Help me out here.

5) Some might not think the field turf is that big an issue, but when you sit here during the season and watch guys go down with injuries resulting from playing on concrete, then it becomes a huge plus for us. Especially when you consider that the Rams practice facility is layered with it, so the team is plenty used to working on it. So let's see... fewer injuries to our team, and already a familiarity with it. Sounds like a plus to me.
    Don't get me wrong. I 100% agree with you on this. You don't have to remind me what it's like playing on concrete. The Hawks did for many years. All I ever said was that you are also losing a part of what has made the Rams such a good home team over the years. The Rams play home as opposed to away over the past few years has been like night and day. You guys only won 3 times last year on real grass where your team isn't allowed to run on the fast track. Two of those were against my stupid Hawks and the other the worst team in football in SF. My other point was that saying that field turf is the "final piece of the puzzle" is a bit much. It will help on the injury front a bit, but it won't hand you 3 extra wins.

All in all, the Rams didn't go out and sign the biggest names at their need positions. They didn't jump on Ed Hartwell, but they did get a solid guy in Claiborne. The Coakley signing had me surprised and pleased, though I wish they would have signed him for three years and not five. They added depth to their offensive line, which was a weakness in 2004. They added depth at safety, which was a weakness after this offseason. Whatever weaknesses the Rams had last season they've addressed, which in my book makes for a successful and praise-worthy couple of months.
    Great, you should be happy if you think you've addressed your needs. But addressing needs and turning a mediocre team into a "comservative 11-5" or better team are two entirely different stories.

SeaTown Guest

I'm bored outta my mind waiting for the Sonics game to start. So mind my replying to your every retort. Ha ha ha.

Offensive Line
    Like the Rams, the Seahawks have lost a starting RT in Chris Terry who had on and off the field problems. However, unlike the Rams, who have replaced their RT with a Blue-Chip rookie, the Seahawks seem to be relying on marginal players to step up. That's what the Rams did last year, and we all know how well that worked.
    Marginal players? Pork Chop Womack was one of the more highly sought after lineman this offseason. And Sean Locklear a third round rick from last year has a lot of people excited. You know how you keep talking about you'll be fine cuz you have Hargrove at DE. Most Hawk fans would go, "Who?" Well, same thing here with Ram fans and Locklear.

Also the Hawks drafted a RT by the name of Ray Willis this year in the 4th round. Projected by many to go in the 2nd or 3rd, Willis comes from the same o-line as that of your first round pick, Florida St. Willis doesn't have the amazing upside that Barron has, but here is a quick analysis from the sporting news:
    http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/sample/2005/livedraft/4.html
    Like Spencer, Willis should develop into a starter -- at a spot where one is needed after the release of right tackle Chris Terry. Willis has size, long arms and plays with a nasty streak. Some considered him more polished than teammate Alex Barron, who was a first-round pick. Shoulder surgeries the past two offseasons hurt his stock.
    Interesting. Not exactly a group of "marginal" shabby players. But whatever. They aren't Rams, so they'll be no good. How stupid would I look calling Anthony Hargrove a "marignal" player. Come on now. Just because you don't analyze the crap outta players on Seattle the same way you do your beloved Rams, it doesn't mean guys you are unaware of are destined to be no good.

Wide Receiver
    The addition of Pathon and Jurevicious may help with the dropped balls issue, but that's about it. Truth is, these two guys would be fighting for the 4th WR position on the Rams, at best.
    And you know what, unless the Hawks cut either Robinson or Engram to sign a defensive player, JJ and JP are likely 4th and 5th guys here as well.

Pass Rush
    Okefor is gone, and he was one of the better pass rushers on the Seahawks. Bryce Fisher is a nice player, but without a Leonard Little drawing double teams on the other side (and, no, Grant Wistrom does not draw many double teams), he's hardly a major pass rush threat. The loss of Chad Brown, which Seahawk fans generally minimize given his age and injury problems, also hurts the pass rush, as he can be a premier pass rusher when healthy. While Jamie Sharper is a very good addition for run support, he's not a pass rusher. I think the question Seahawks fans should be worrying about is not only how badly Marc Bulger will carve up their defense if they can't get a consistent pass rush going, but rather how badly Kurt Warner and Alex Smith will carve them up.
    I agree with you on the pass rush 100%. That IMHO is the sole reason the Rams were able to do what they did to the Hawks last year. Bulger had on average about 20 min in the pocket to wait for somebody to get open. Something needs to happen in that regard.

Brown will be missed in terms of his pass rushing ability. But he was hurt so much, the only way he'd have been able to have play this year would've been as a situation rusher. The team wanted to keep him, but not at the 4 or 5 mil he was scheduled to make. Too bad really, he was a true warrior.

Cornerbacks
    Andre Dyson/Kelly Herndon vs. Ken Lucas/Bobby Taylor (who probably won't be back). Sorry, I don't see an improvement there. In fact, while Dyson has been a productive player in his career, I am more concerned when the Rams have to face a bigger, more physical, player like Lucas.
    Like I said in my last post, it's not Lucas/Taylor you are comparing Dyson/Herndon to, it's Lucas/Richard. Taylor played in only a handfull of games at the start of the season, and he was hurt during half of those and kept off the field for much of the time. And when you take into consideration the fact that Dyson and Herndon were signed for LESS than Lucas got, that's a big thing to consider. Taylor will be a June 1 cap casualty. The money you saved from signing Lucas to a big deal and then keeping Taylor as your 3rd was able to be used in Signing Jamie Sharper. Therefore, this is a positive situation.

Also consider this, with the additions of Dyson and Herndon, you have set up your defensive backfield for some time. Check out the ages:

CB: Marcus Trufant - 24
    Andre Dyson - 25
    Kelly Herndon - 28
    S: Ken Hamlin - 24
    Michael Boulware - 23

So, while the Seahawks did an admirable job in keeping a number of key free agents, I don't really see the improvement.
    A total shock coming from a Ram fan.
    Last edited by SeaTown; -05-15-2005 at 05:14 PM. Reason: !

Man, for someone starting out saying not to take things personal, you sure as hell are taking things personal.

Let me give you a hint.

If you come on a RAM site and expect any sort of endorsement of your point of view, that tells me from the get go that you are delusional

Then you not only come on here (and have a lot of time on your hands) and proceed to insult Ram fans then get all indignant when you are taken apart. Let me point out in your very first post on this subject.

It's good for you football team, but sad for you as human beings.
    You must've all had some seriously low expectations. If that was the case, congrats on an totally awesome offseason.
    Personally I could care less about your thoughts when you come out with that crap. If you had just told us your thoughts, fine. If you look at NickSeiler and AvengeRams thoughts on your team, you see a totally different view without taking the piss or making snide comments.

Then you come out with this gem when you start taking a pounding.

I don't like fighting about football. It's stupid and trivial. I rather "discuss" our teams like knowlegdable fans than argue like biased idiots.
    After reading your above comments, I ask WHO is the biased idiot?

crawl back to Seattle and let the more knowledgeable Seahawk fans in to chat, you, we could do without.

SeaTown Guest

RamDez, I was saying that we shouldn't take what is said personally and freak out. That's what I was saying. That doesn't mean you can't convey thoughts and opinions. We should be able to say things that the other won't exactly love with the idea that the reader will use a bit of reason and not take every little thing personally.

Let's leave the Leonard Little topic alone. We WILL NOT agree on that one. And in that case things can get ugly.

I'd rather discuss our football teams instead of make personal accusations. AvengerRam and NickSeiler and myself have been having good spirited conversation about our two teams. I'd suggest you either do the same or ignore this thread. You are acting like a jerk. I was having a good time with the other two guys. You need to check yourself man. I don't want to bother with this crap. Thank you.

By the way, the two comments of mine (besides the Little one which I said before isn't worth arguing about) that you quoted are in no way inflamitory. I said that your offseason wasn't UNBELIEVABLE. I've said it was nice even, just not a miracle. And the other was me trying to steer the conversation towards football. As for your Rams friends giving analysis without the "snide" comments. Give me a break. You just aren't sensitive to things not Ram related. We've been going back and forth in equal terms buddy. Sorry if you are too sensitive to step outside of your Ram love zone for a second. The argue like biased idiots comment was in regards to us doing exactly what we are doing. This type of nonsense is that of idiots, you and I included. I wasn't say that you all are idiots. Sheesh. Talk about spinning every damn comment as an attack. Stop with the over sensitive crap. It's lame.

I appoligize to AvengerRam and NickSeiler for this reply. I really hate this crap and just want to talk football. I said what I had to say to this punk. It's done. I would like to continue our point-counterpoint discussion of our teams if you would like to do the same.
    Last edited by SeaTown; -05-15-2005 at 05:47 PM.

I said what I had to say to this punk
    LOL, that takes the cookie.

GreensMachine is offline Registered User

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Seatown's posts. For years I've had to sit back and take a beating in every forum I've been on because let's face it, the Cardinals aren't exactly a juggernaut. This discussion has been pretty tame. I don't think he's attacked anyone and it was interesting to read Avenger, Nick and Seatown's opinions.

The Rams' fans have had a damn good run and when things start to sour a little other fans are bound to point out the shortcomings. Trust me, from the outside looking in, your team has holes...as do the Cards and Seahawks. Frankly I'm amazed anyone was offended.

Fire away guys.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe you don't realize it, but as an outsider it is very apparant. Nothing is wrong in Ram land. Everything is great. We had the perfect offseason. 8-8? so what. That was a fluke. Back to being a dominant team. We only won 8 games last year, but we got one above average LB and one average one.
    This is a little skewed and over the top, don't you think SeaTown? I didn't see where anyone posted that "everything is great" or "we had the perfect offseason" or "back to being a dominant team". Let's get back to reality and call it what it actually is, Ram fans happy and pleasantly surprised at the improvements we've made. Nothing more. We all realize the real test is on the field, but to US, we're in a much better position going into the season than we were last year as a result of the off-season moves.

rammiser is offline Registered User

The problem here is that the two of you guys(seatown,Greensmachine) consider every post coming back at you as offensive or that we took it personal. Well we are all fans of the Rams and my responses are personal to a degree as a Rams fan. My responses however are just my responses and my opinions. I'm not all fired up and I say what comes to mind. Greensmachine and Seatown have to realize that we collectively as Rams fans have been hearing of our downfall for years, yet every year we seem to out perform our division. That doesnt mean we think our team is great or was great last year but it was obviousley better than Seattle and Arizona. That may not be saying much but those are the two teams you support and thats who we feel we need to fire back at with our responses. I think the most offensive thing is having to listen to this from fans of two teams that have just as many if not more holes than our Rams. The Rams are'nt world beater you guys are right,but they were good enough to advance further than anyone else in our division and further than all but 3 other teams in the NFC. The NFC was weak last year and our weakest link was stopping the rung with our smallish LB's. We have added two vet's to our LB core and we are excited about it. You know the excitement you felt when signing Wistrom to a larger than life contract for a guy that never overachieved on the field,just a solid starter.

Is that such a bad thing to be excited about guys we have signed? I mean the Seahawks are about to add a LB to their team that as you would put it,is just as average or worse than Claiborne and Coakley. The Seahawks might sign Sharper to a contract very soon but I'm sure you will call that a miracle. I'm sure when the Seahawks sign guys you get excited, the difference is we are not going to go and find you on another board and tell you how much your offseason sucked because we wont know untill after next year and have results in front of us. The responses you are getting are from very passionate Rams fans and you should have expected nothing less. I see you are passionate about your team as well and there is what sparks this debate. You welcomed debate and you got what you asked for.
    Just Fix It

A bit of friendly ClanRam advice...

You don't tug on Superman's cape,
    You don't spit into the wind,
    You don't pull the mask of the ol' Lone Ranger,
    and you don't mess around with Dez

By the way, as I read this thread, I'm struck with an inescapable thought...

Our Seahawk and Cardinal fans seem to be working very hard to convince somebody that the Rams' offseason has not been that great.

The question is, who are they trying to convince... us...?

Or... maybe, themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    A bit of friendly ClanRam advice...

You don't tug on Superman's cape,
    You don't spit into the wind,
    You don't pull the mask of the ol' Lone Ranger,
    and you don't mess around with Dez
    Amen to that. Know who you're dealing with before you pop off.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTown
    Maybe you don't realize it, but as an outsider it is very apparant. Nothing is wrong in Ram land. Everything is great. We had the perfect offseason. 8-8? so what. That was a fluke. Back to being a dominant team. We only won 8 games last year, but we got one above average LB and one average one. Add that to a team that to a team that beat a mediocre Seattle team 3 times! (we'll just conveniently ignore the fact that our only other wins were against the Cards, Niners, Bucs, and two teams with playoff spots already lined up.) How can you deny that?! Watch out NFL!
    I'd love to see you point me to where someone said this. Like I said, contiuously misrepresenting our posts.

Is there a point to debate with you when you basically just make up what we say? All anyone's said was that we were enthusiastic about what's happened, and that the additions might make us better contenders this year.

There's no reason to debate something with you if you don't actually read what's being said and respond to it instead of your delusion of what "it" is.

It's also funny how little we ever heard of Anthony Hargrove until Fisher was gone.
    Are you kidding? Don't spout off this nonsense until you spend the time going back and looking it up, since you didn't register here until November and weren't around to hear anything at the time it was said, either this summer or for the majority of the season. You're just talking out of your backside now.

I know you won't admit it, but you'd trade either of those guys for Sharper in a second.
    Awesome, now you're telling me what I would and wouldn't do.

The bottom line is I'd rather have Coakley and Claiborne - upgrades to two linebacker positions - than Sharper any day when trying to upgrade a weak linebacker group.

Believe it or not, I don't care. Apparently you already know what I think, so I guess it doesn't matter. :bored:

When the heck did I say that? I said Claiborne was crap, nobody else.
    Your words: "While huge upgrades over the crap you guys had at LB last year, Coakley and Claiborne aren't exactly world beaters."

Whatever, I'm done with this. I have no desire to wait around and here how my position was something completely different from what I typed.
    Last edited by Nick; -05-15-2005 at 07:26 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

SeaTown Guest

I don't care who I'm talking to. You come in and insult me when I'm talking football, I'll call you on it. I realize Nick and Avenger that you guys are obviously gonna back your guy. But he was being a jerk. You two have been cool. We don't need to agree, but we also don't need to make things personal. I may say some things about your football team not being as amazing as you may think. This guy comes and says crap about me. Not cool. I don't give crap who he is. Just another guy with a keyboard. He's not immune to being called on being a poor sport. Enough of this nonsense. Talk football, nuff said.

I don't care who I'm talking to. You come in and insult me when I'm talking football, I'll call you on it. I realize Nick and Avenger that you guys are obviously gonna back your guy. But he was being a jerk. You two have been cool. We don't need to agree, but we also don't need to make things personal. I may say some things about your football team not being as amazing as you may think. This guy comes and says crap about me. Not cool. I don't give crap who he is. Just another guy with a keyboard. He's not immune to being called on being a poor sport. Enough of this nonsense. Talk football, nuff said.
    Don't go away mad SeaTown, just go away.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast