Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    SeaTown Guest

Re: If someone had told you when last season ended...

I'd love to see you point me to where someone said this. Like I said, contiuously misrepresenting our posts.
    Not needed, it exudes from just about every post you type. A "cautious 11-4"? You all are predicting 12 wins in your schedule thread.

Are you kidding? Don't spout off this nonsense until you spend the time going back and looking it up, since you didn't register here until November and weren't around to hear anything at the time it was said, either this summer or for the majority of the season. You're just talking out of your backside now.
    I've been around your board much longer than November. I had to reregister for some reason. I wasn't saying that you never spoke of Hargrove before now. What I said is that the second Fisher was gone, it was all, "who care's, Hargrove is better." For as much as you accuse me of taking you out of context, you sure do a good job with you one sentence quotes of mine.

Awesome, now you're telling me what I would and wouldn't do.

The bottom line is I'd rather have Coakley and Claiborne - upgrades to two linebacker positions - than Sharper any day when trying to upgrade a weak linebacker group.
    I never said Sharper over both. Really, you need to take you own advice and read the posts more carefully. I said Sharper over Coakley or Sharper or Claiborne. You have been making it as if each is better on their own. Oh dear llord. Sharper doesn't get any INTs. Ha ha.

Your words: "While huge upgrades over the crap you guys had at LB last year, Coakley and Claiborne aren't exactly world beaters."
    That's semantics buddy. I was referring to how most Ram fans term how big of upgrades that C&C are compared to what you had last year. Fact is, if two mid level free agents are amazing upgrades, then your linebackers weren't very good. You all say it all the dang time. If anything I worded my statement incorrectly. So shoot me, why don't you.

Whatever, I'm done with this. I have no desire to wait around and here how my position was something completely different from what I typed.
    I guess you'd rather do the exact same thing yourself huh?

Funny how I go out of my way to use stats and make points and you ignore every single one, instead singling out one sentence at a time, and spinning it to your advantage. People can say things in the context of a paragragh which aren't exactly flattering on their own, yet as a whole aren't as bad as the one sentence by itself would seem. You seem to realize this as you only harp on these sentences, quoting only them. When I quote you, I do you the favor of quoting the whole comment. Not one stupid thing you said in response to being annoying by me. Really now, I expected more from some of you.
    Last edited by SeaTown; -05-15-2005 at 08:21 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Funny how I go out of my way to use stats and make points and you ignore every single one, instead singling out one sentence at a time, and spinning it to your advantage. People can say things in the context of a paragragh which aren't exactly flattering on their own, yet as a whole aren't as bad as the one sentence by itself would seem. You seem to realize this as you only harp on these sentences, quoting only them. When I quote you, I do you the favor of quoting the whole comment. Not one stupid thing you said in response to being annoying by me. Really now, I expected more from some of you.
    Hmmm. So Nick has gone from "cool" to "stupid". SeaTown, you've gone from engaging to amusing to a joke to an a$$, and along the way lost all your credibility. Since we don't meet your expectations, why are you here?? Don't let the ban button hit you on the way out.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Yo Seatown. What is your deal? You having a bad day and want to get into a fight or something. Why all the aggression? The season is a long way away and all of this talk is just speculation. No one knows what will happen based upon the offseason moves, for the Rams or the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by seatown
    A "cautious 11-4"? You all are predicting 12 wins in your schedule thread.
    Be careful with your words. "You all" is in the plural, implying that we all think that the Rams will have 12 wins this season. I am sure there are many out there who don't believe that. Don't be lumping us all together.

The Rams FO did make some good moves this off-season and they may pay off. Hopefully the Rams, Seahawks and Cardinals will all improve so that the division can be taken seriously this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rammiser is offline Registered User

Wait everyone I know what Seatown wants and here it goes. Ok Seatown, youre right, our teams offseason was dreadful. We should all be ready to jump ship with the lack of improving our squad our upper management and coaches has done. Whats this crap Coakley and Claiborne what were they thinking. Pace signing a long term deal and freing up cap space, fooey we should have released him. Signing Hawthorne and Stone to improve our special teams, what a joke our special teams were fine. Hell, against Atlanta in the playoffs our special teams didnt spot them like 21 points. Dumb moves, drafting Barron,Bartell and Atogwe, who needed depth at any of those positions. Bring back Turley he's fine at rt. Benching Faulk and starting Jackson, what a fraking debacle this team has become. You all need to come back to earth and realize you have done nothing and the Seahawks and Cardinals dominated the offseason with their moves. By the way replacing that concrete with field turf was a big mistake. The injuries werent caused by the concrete turf it was because our players were not durable enough to withstand a 16 game season. Your right Seatown bad moves, dumb moves, and mediocre moves dominated the Rams offseason. Does that make you happy Seatown? Is that what you expect from dedicated Rams fans? It sure seems like thats what you expected us to react like instead of the welcoming debate you asked for. Give it a rest, our moves are greatly improved from what we HAD. If you cant agree with that than you are ignoring the truth.
    Just Fix It

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I will say this for this thread - it has been one of the most entertaining for some time. Even though it is off season, a couple of non-believers enter the Church of the Horns, throw a few interpretations of the Koran around, learn that followers of the word can be inflammed regardless of persuasion, and still find time to be self-deprecating.

I'm hoisting a brew at the moment, toasting the notion that more of these exchanges will follow throughout the year. Legitimate points and counter-points.

SeaTown Guest

Awesome post adarian_too, you seem to have a good grip on things. As for Utterblitz, I wasn't having a bad day at all. I was actually having fun debating you guys. We'll never get each other to change their opinion, but who knows maybe one day we'll finally get the other to see the light. As for the "you all" comment, I appoligize for that. I was referring to the posters that I was going at it with. I realize that 3 or 4 posters do not speak for everybody. I agree on hoping the west isn't a joke this year. We were chumps last year for winning a weak division and you guys were chumps for only beating our chump team.

We've gone about as far as we can for the time being with this discussion Ram fans. Not much more to say without going in circles until the season starts. Believe it or not I enjoyed the good spirited football talk (with the exception of the rude treatment from RamDez) with you guys. It's all in good fun. Don't take things too seriously. There are worse things in the world than somebody saying that they don't totally agree with you. There is no harm intended. Take it all with a grain of salt. I wanted to end things on a good note. I'm in a good mood right now as my Sonics just came up with a big win. Just looking to spread the love. Look forward to more good natured talk in the future.

You come in and insult me when I'm talking football, I'll call you on it.
    No, last time I looked, this was a RAM board and you came in and insulted us, hide it whatever way you want.

This guy comes and says crap about me. Not cool. I don't give crap who he is. Just another guy with a keyboard.
    Er, no again. I am the guy who can do this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If you like these debates, go over to Seahawks.net. I've got a couple of good ones going on over there.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I'm surprised sometimes at the reluctance to valid critisizm on this board. This Seatown guy came in and wrote this to start his point:

Hey guys. Before you jump all over me and my opinions simply because I'm a Hawk fan, hear me out. If my responses come off sarcastic, it's more joking than ripping on you guys. So don't take it personally. People outside the Ram love zone tend to have slightly differing opinions. Tell me why you think I'm wrong. Debate is always welcomed. Just don't dismiss what I say as "stupid Seahawk fan!" Ok, here goes:
    Then, he went on to make some valid points about our offseason moves, not smack talk. There are definitely some rose colored glasses here at the ClanRam.

I tend to agree that the Rams were closer to slipping off the map last year than they were to being dominant.....and also agree that if we had got Sharper, and the Seahawks had got Claiborne, we would be ripping on them for doing so. The more I hear of the impression of Claiborne from Vikes fans, the more I am concerned.

And I don't see a lot to dismiss with the offseason moves the Seahawks made. I think they made some great moves, especially keeping their big 3. They definitely didn't get any WORSE in the offseason, and perhaps could have made some significant improvements. If they just catch the ball, they win 3 more games last year. I don't think the Rams problems were as easy a fix.

I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season, given how far the defense and special teams need to come from last year.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Here's another factor in this discussion.

Salary Cap:
    St. Louis Rams - $4,420,000
    Seattle Seahawks - $196,000

And this is after the Simmons and Brown relief cuts. Let's not forget most teams will need about $4 million to sign rookies.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    I'm surprised sometimes at the reluctance to valid critisizm on this board. This Seatown guy came in and wrote this to start his point:

Hey guys. Before you jump all over me and my opinions simply because I'm a Hawk fan, hear me out. If my responses come off sarcastic, it's more joking than ripping on you guys. So don't take it personally. People outside the Ram love zone tend to have slightly differing opinions. Tell me why you think I'm wrong. Debate is always welcomed. Just don't dismiss what I say as "stupid Seahawk fan!" Ok, here goes:

Then, he went on to make some valid points about our offseason moves, not smack talk. There are definitely some rose colored glasses here at the ClanRam.
    SeaTown made a nice little disclaimer before he came in and then proceded to engage in everything he told us to stay away from. His problems started when he made the rediculous and completely unsubstantiated argument that we all thought our off-season moves were the best ever and would lead us back to league dominance. A total misrepresentation that he tried to use to his advantage. He then took responses personally and proceded to spout things like "jerk", "biased idiots" and "stupid", which by the way was a word he specifically made reference to stay away from in his disclaimer.

He started with legitamate points, made a stand, got backed into a corner, then got nasty. Whatever you think of how he was treated, sorry, he brought everything on himself and got what he asked for IMO.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Debate is always welcome. We've always welcomed that here. However some people just can't help resorting to insults when they're met by others who can refute their points, as well as when they falsly accuse some of saying things things they didn't say, because they couldn't understand it.

The chance for a legitimate debate was there, but after met with counterpoints from our side, he immediately seemed to snap and resort to insults, thus ruining any sense of real debate that was there.

Avenger responded to a thread over at the rival board and was immediately bet with these insults. I guess that's how some people are over there. I'm sure there's a good group of Seahawk fans who can commit to a debate without attempting to insult the other party's intelligence when they run out of counter points.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Debate is always welcome. We've always welcomed that here. However some people just can't help resorting to insults when they're met by others who can refute their points, as well as when they falsly accuse some of saying things things they didn't say, because they couldn't understand it.

The chance for a legitimate debate was there, but after met with counterpoints from our side, he immediately seemed to snap and resort to insults, thus ruining any sense of real debate that was there.

Avenger responded to a thread over at the rival board and was immediately bet with these insults. I guess that's how some people are over there. I'm sure there's a good group of Seahawk fans who can commit to a debate without attempting to insult the other party's intelligence when they run out of counter points.
    I couldn't resist checking out the action over at the Seahawk board and I must say that Av is the model of intelligence, integrity and keeping the discussion extremely civil despite numerous attacks and insults. Maybe SeaTown could learn a thing or two from Av.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I couldn't resist checking out the action over at the Seahawk board and I must say that Av is the model of intelligence, integrity and keeping the discussion extremely civil despite numerous attacks and insults.
    I thought he was a lawyer? :redface:

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZag
    I thought he was a lawyer :redface:
    LOL, he has moments of control, intelligence and dignity....but the lawyer stuff resurfaces every now and then.

He seems to be holding his tongue in check over on the Seahawks board for the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast