Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: If Spags is let go, the Jeff Fisher plan makes sense.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: If Spags is let go, the Jeff Fisher plan makes sense.

I'd love a Fisher/Reese combo!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I dont think Fisher is the right man. The last few years of his stint with the Titans he was accused multiple times of coaching players to play dirty.

Fettmaster is online now Registered User

I prefer Gruden, but honestly I just want a head coach with head coaching experience. Enough experimenting with unproven coordinators!!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Jack Del Rio? In 10 years, he's never won a division. Hardly the guy I want in here to replace Spags.
    ......and which Division has he been in? He's had some very good teams just couldn't get past some guy named Peyton. Like the rest of the division.

Del Rio intrigues me because he's a no nonsense guy and tells it like it is. Our last 2 headcoaches Linehan & (Spags not fired yet?) are to passive. I still want Fisher 1st and foremost but Del Rio would bring that attitude that our team and each individual players need.

We need a HARDNOSED leader!!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I dont think Fisher is the right man. The last few years of his stint with the Titans he was accused multiple times of coaching players to play dirty.
    Seems to be working out pretty well for Schwartz (also from the Fisher coaching tree).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fettmaster is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    he was accused multiple times of coaching players to play dirty.
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
    The St. Louis RAMS could never get away with playing on the edge/outside the rule book. The officials look forward to throwing flags against the RAMS. Playing on the edge would result in the most penalized team in NFL history, in just half the season. Sort of the opposite of the the cheatroits.

gap

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I still prefer Cowher over Fisher, Gruden and Del Rio.

To be honest, Cowher is the only one id like to have as a coach out of the 4.

Rambos is online now Registered User

How about we go with Fisher and then go back to the West Coast offense, Fisher came from that tree, we could go that route Sam has one year in the system.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Bill Cowher. He'd get rid of the dead weight and toughen up whoever he keeps. Any real head coach instead of what we've had the last 5 years.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I would love to have Cowher or Fisher. I dont want to bring in Gruden because he'd make Sam switch the offense again. Sure its the WCO again, but we cant keep doing this to him and the offense.

I like Cowher or Fisher as they are both winners and defensive guys. I prefer Fisher though. Cowher hasn't even been linked to our job at all, more to the Dolphins job actually. "Rumblings" about Fisher.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Yeah he's a 'proven head coach', but he's had 6 winning seasons in 17 years. Which coach do you get? If he was the coach of these Rams the last 2.3 years, he'd be under the same exact scrutiny. I'm tellin ya, this isn't all a coaching issue.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I wouldn't mind Fisher, as long as he's willing to keep McD as an OC. Bringing Bradford in a 3rd system spells disaster for his development. I'm sure Fisher is willing to learn the spread playbook since it's high powered in offense while Fisher can help rebuild a demoralized defense.
    That is something that concerns me as well... a lot of new HCs love to bring in their own choices for different coaching spots, but forcing Bradford to learn a 3rd offense in three years is not the best way to develop him. I think he could handle it, but I'd really like to see how he does once he has an offense mastered and has actually had a good full year to work with the team with that offense.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

tI agree, IF Spags has to go, THEN Jeff Fisher would be a sound choice. Probably as stated earlier in this thread, Devaney would likely have to go as well as he is linked to the Spags regime and player selection. I don't agree with the chatter here about worrying over another new offensive system for Sam to learn because Jeff would be smart enough to make the right decision for the development of Bradford, rather than making a change because of his personal coaching philosophy. I'm sure these issues would be worked out before he's hired anyway. I still hope we don't have to make this change because I still think Spags has the "right stuff", he just needs a few better players who stay healthy and a schedule that doesn't kill us. Lastly, let's not overlook the impact the lockout had on our team. We've got a lot of young players who would have benefited from some OTA's.

I do question some of the draft selections we made earlier this year and where they are now. In the past few drafts we've come away with no more than 3-4 players (I think I'm being generous) who stick and not all as starters. We've got to do better based on the team's performance. If we wind up with a Top 5 pick I do hope we can trade it for some extra picks in rounds 1-3 and add talent in all areas. This issue I have to say is in Devaney's court.

Let's hope things get better soon so we can focus on players not coaches. Go Rams!

punahou is offline Registered User

I wouldnt mind to see Fischer,however, it is interesting to note that the Titans started to decline when Schwartz took the Lions HC vacancy.....

Personally, Id like to see a dynamic front office, with a good, solid HC. I stand true on Schottenheimer, as he, like Vermeil, just wins. He may not bring a superbowl, but he knows how to build a good foundation.

Cowher would be nice, but Im not sure the guy wants to coach anymore. I also feel that we need to moderate the 'boy scout' characteristics that this regime has been looking for in players.
    viper likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast