Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

If we can pull off a win at Seattle then

The rest of our schedule does not look that bad. There is only one team with a better then 500 record. Thats Chicago and its at home. Carolina looks like our toughest road team and they have only beat one team by more then 3 points this year and that was 8 points. Minnesota has only scored 7 points and 3 points there last two games. There is no one that I don't feel we have a good shot against except maybe Chicago and thats at home. If we can beat Seattle we will have a good shot at the division IMO.

Nov 19 @Carolina 1:00pm
    Nov 26 San Francisco 1:00pm
    Dec 3 Arizona 1:00pm
    Dec 11 Chicago 8:30pm
    Dec 17 @Oakland 4:15pm
    Dec 24 Washington 1:00pm
    Dec 31 @Minnesota 1:00pm

BirdKC Guest

Re: If we can pull off a win at Seattle then

I do think the Rams will win the division.

SJackson39 is offline Registered User

I think we can go 5-2 in those games and make the playoffs

bruce4life is offline Registered User

we've lost 3 in a row and we're talking about playoffs... i'm just worried about the next game simple as that. then if we win we can talk

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    we've lost 3 in a row and we're talking about playoffs... i'm just worried about the next game simple as that. then if we win we can talk
    Yeah wow, optimism is great, but look at how we've been playing!!! I know I'm known as the pessimistic guy on the board here at ClanRam, but come on, we need a COMPLETE turn around on defense to have any possibility of winning any more games, and to make it to the playoffs.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN View Post
    Nov 19 @Carolina 1:00pm
    Nov 26 San Francisco 1:00pm
    Dec 3 Arizona 1:00pm
    Dec 11 Chicago 8:30pm
    Dec 17 @Oakland 4:15pm
    Dec 24 Washington 1:00pm
    Dec 31 @Minnesota 1:00pm
    I see at least three losses here based on how we've been playing recently. Teams like Minnesota, who may have scored only 3 and 7 in their last two games, certainly aren't going to have problems moving the ball on us based on what we've been allowing on defense. Carolina is a dangerous team that I wouldn't underestimate, and obviously it's hard to see a win against Chicago right now since their only two hiccups have come against teams playing well defensively against them. I wouldn't rule out Washington giving us a fight as well, and I'm sure our two divisional guys will be fired up for their games as well. I just would really not get too comfortable with anything on our schedule at this point.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the Rams can fix the defense, the could win all of those games. Of course, right now, that seems only slightly more likely than Shaquille O'Neal becoming an 80% foul shooter.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I see at least three losses here based on how we've been playing recently.
    I did not say it would be easy but I think we have a fairly favorable schedule. I don't think our schedule is as tough as some of the other teams that are playing winning teams. If we could win at Seattle and we lost three games as you said we would be 9-7 and that would not make it impossible to win the division or at the least get to the playoffs. The defense has proved me wrong before but I don't think they can play any worse then they are right now. I think they will improve and the offense should get better as the season goes on IMO. It takes a while in a new offensive scheme for the players and the coaches to get used to the new scheme and the players rolls IMO. I hold out hope yet for this season but I am not going to Vegas just yet to lay down the bet we will win the division. I am not that sure how good Seattle is right now. I think they could have a collapse this year. They have struggled at times as well.

Lets look at Seattles schedule after they play us.
    They have to play Denver and San Diego. Greenbay is 2-2 on the road this year and they have scored 27 or more points in 4 of 8 games. They could upset Seattle. At Arizona and at San Francisco could be two tough road games. I could see them losing three games and maybe more.

Nov 19 @San Francisco 4:05pm
    Nov 27 Green Bay 8:30pm
    Dec 3 @Denver 4:15pm
    Dec 10 @Arizona 4:05pm
    Dec 14 San Francisco 8:00pm
    Dec 24 San Diego 4:15pm
    Dec 31 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN View Post
    Lets look at Seattles schedule after they play us.
    They have to play Denver and San Diego. Greenbay is 2-2 on the road this year and they have scored 27 or more points in 4 of 8 games. They could upset Seattle. At Arizona and at San Francisco could be two tough road games. I could see them losing three games and maybe more.

Nov 19 @San Francisco 4:05pm
    Nov 27 Green Bay 8:30pm
    Dec 3 @Denver 4:15pm
    Dec 10 @Arizona 4:05pm
    Dec 14 San Francisco 8:00pm
    Dec 24 San Diego 4:15pm
    Dec 31 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm
    I see Seattle going 6-2, certainly no worse than 5-3 the rest of the way. That means they would finish at worst than 10-6. Will the Rams go 6-2 to tie? No chance. I don't think the Rams D is capable of anything better than helping the team finish 8-8.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Remind me again why we are mad at our D for having trouble with arguably the best offense in the NFL? I think the real problem is 4 fumbles with 3 lost.

BigGameMN Guest

I think next week is the season, we want in the playoffs we gotta win. The only other shot we have is if 8-8 gets us in again. Which looking at the other teams is not entirely impossible.
    Last edited by BigGameMN; -11-07-2006 at 05:19 AM. Reason: putting in left out word

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Remind me again why we are mad at our D for having trouble with arguably the best offense in the NFL?
    Because it wasn't merely the best offense in the NFL they've had problems with, but just about every offense they've faced this season?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post

agreed...........I'm optismist, always am but we will have to play our BUTTS off to win at the Hawks...the season is THAT game...

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

even if we win at seattle it doesnt look good. we still have contest against Carolina, Chicago and Minnesota. If our D doesnt get going, we could be in for more rebuilding during the offseason. Times a wasting and the D really needs to stop everybody. Our O also needs to rid themselves of costly mistakes during games. If we go into the post season on offense alone, it'll be one and out because our d wont be able to stop the more elite teams in the playoffs. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

If we can pull off a win at Seattle??? We better win or it's going to be doom and gloom!

:r

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast