Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

If we go OFFENSE, THIS IS THE GUY !!!! HOT

FAT PANG mentioned Gary Kubiak as a good prospective HC and I always thought Kubiak (DEN) was a good coach. But when I looked up the numbers - WOW.

The Houston Chronicle said he's the hottest HC prospect out there and his resume is REALLY impressive.

-During his past 13 seasons of coaching, three as offensive coordinator in San Francisco and the last 10 seasons as Denver's head coach, Shanahan's offense has ranked fourth or higher 10 times. Kubiak has been with Shanahan for 12 of those seasons. Shanahan says Kubiak runs every Offensive meeting and Kubiak has called every play this year.

- In 10 of 11 seasons with Shanahan, Kubiak's Offense was ranked in the top 10.

- He was an NFL QB for 9 years.. When called on (rarely) he won 80% of those games.

Hard to find a coach that has peformed at such a high level for this length of time

Check out this Resume:
    Gary Kubiak begins his 12th year as an NFL coach and his 11th season as Denver's offensive coordinator in 2005. He is coming off 10 highly successful seasons in which the Broncos' offensive unit has produced numbers unparalleled in the history of the organization, highlighted by back-to-back World Championships in 1997 and '98.

Kubiak, who owns three Super Bowl rings, is one of just 15 NFL coaches to win a Super Bowl with two different franchises (San Francisco, 1994) and one of just nine to win a title with a team from each conference.

He returned to the Broncos’ organization in 1995 with Head Coach Mike Shanahan after the pair coached together in 1994 in San Francisco, where Shanahan was offensive coordinator.

Kubiak's return to Denver—where he played quarterback behind John Elway from 1983-91—has been marked by extraordinary success. The Broncos have produced the National Football League's No. 1 offense twice during Kubiak's tenure (1996-97)—a first in franchise history—and have ranked in the top three overall in six of his 10 seasons: No. 2 in 2000 and No. 3 in 1995, 1998 and 2002 in addition to the two No. 1 rankings. The total offensive numbers produced in Kubiak's first eight years at the controls mark the most prolific eight-year totals in club annals.
    The Broncos set new single-season standards for touchdowns and points scored in three consecutive seasons from 1996-98 and posted new records for yards per rush in both 1997 and '98. Denver has also scored 30 or more points in a game 68 times (including four times in postseason) in the 171 regular and postseason games since Kubiak's hire. In the 10 years that Kubiak has been at the controls of the Denver offense, the club has accumulated the most rushing yards (22,483) along with the second most points (4,045) and total yards (58,469) in the NFL.
    Denver has had 26 Pro Bowl selections from the offensive side of the football in Kubiak's 10 seasons as offensive coordinator and is the only team in NFL history to produce a 3,000-yard passer (John Elway), a 1,500-yard rusher (Terrell Davis) and a 1,000-yard receiver (Shannon Sharpe, '96 and '97; Rod Smith, '97) two years in a row, doing so in 1996 and '97

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: If we go OFFENSE, THIS IS THE GUY !!!! HOT

Thats fine. Kubiak has a good resume' I remember him as a player,but if we hire him he will run the westcoast offence.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Question Re: If we go OFFENSE, THIS IS THE GUY !!!! HOT

One thing that I dont like about the westcoast Offence.It takes 97 plays per drive to score.Its a good clock eater,but will Torry and Ike be able to have the patients to play it after Living in the GSOT?
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

IF the Rams choose to go offence, then Kubiak is a great choice, but i think if a defensive mastermind isn't shipped in there will be a mutiny!
    Defence Wins Championships

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Well, of course he's the hottest prospect according to the media that loves to kiss the ass of the Shanahan regime. I don't care how successful it is, that offense is plain and simply a cowardly way to play the game. A switch to the west coast offense is pretty much the only thing that could ever make me stop being a Rams fan.

chiguy is offline Registered User

We'd run the West Coast Offense very well. We have a great corps of receivers who are good route runners, a good QB, and two very good RBs. It would make our OL look a whole lot better too. The only thing we'd need is a TE.

chiguy is offline Registered User

BTW, why does tony have a man crush on Kubiak?

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I would prefer this guy over the defensive guys, but I've accepted that they are leaning towards Rivera, or someone like him.

If they get Kubiak, and the Rams start to run the Bronco's offense, Steven Jackson will be near the top in rushing yards, and the O'line will be trained how to run block. And it's not like the Bronco's don't take shots down the field. Not too mention they are 13-3. I think this is the type of offense the Rams need to run without Marshall Faulk.

If they go Offense, I would definitely be OK with this guy.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AJD45
    Well, of course he's the hottest prospect according to the media that loves to kiss the ass of the Shanahan regime. I don't care how successful it is, that offense is plain and simply a cowardly way to play the game. A switch to the west coast offense is pretty much the only thing that could ever make me stop being a Rams fan.
    Before this season Shanahan was talked about as a coach who was only successful with Elway, hardly ass kissing.

Cowardly? Give a player four SB rings and then one for the thumb and then tell him he's a coward. Nothing cowardly about winning.

It's like calling the Cover 2 the "easy way out" or something.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I have no problem with a GOOD DEFENSIVE Coach. None at all. But, in researching Defensive coaches and how their Defenses ranked, one couldn't help but be impressed with the numbers (Rankings of Kubiak's offenses).

Compare the numbers and see how often the candidiates drop out of the top ten and go to 15-20th during some years.

The numbers - the PRODUCTION really caught my eye. And then to read in older pubs that Kubiak call ALL the plays and RUNS every OFF meeting. He works autonomously, the OFF is handed to him. That's impressive in itself.

I don't think any of the other OFFENSIVE guy's records
    (except Martz) can hold a candle to Kubiak's record.

This is IF WE GO OFFENSIVE COACH.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    If they get Kubiak, and the Rams start to run the Bronco's offense, Steven Jackson will be near the top in rushing yards
    And we'd probably lose Kevin Curtis to another team that would actually feature him. I think I'd like Kubiak better as a potential coach for this team if his offense actually featured the third receiver more, but in the last couple of years, it's been inconsistent at best in doing so.

With as much depth as we have at the position, we need to find a way to make sure these guys see the field. If Kubiak could find a way to do that, then I'll be fine with him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    And we'd probably lose Kevin Curtis to another team that would actually feature him. I think I'd like Kubiak better as a potential coach for this team if his offense actually featured the third receiver more, but in the last couple of years, it's been inconsistent at best in doing so.

With as much depth as we have at the position, we need to find a way to make sure these guys see the field. If Kubiak could find a way to do that, then I'll be fine with him.
    In all fairness, the Broncos haven't had a 3rd WR worth featuring. They have had a hard time trying to feature Ashley Lelie at the number 2 because all of their WRs have been inconsistent besides Rod Smith.

Lelie was suppsoed to be the #1, but he can't get it done.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Jack_Youngblood is offline Registered User

Going a defensive coach would be stupid. What are we, the Bucs? We need a strong Offensive coach with some defensive know-how.

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    Cowardly? Give a player four SB rings and then one for the thumb and then tell him he's a coward. Nothing cowardly about winning.
    I will *absolutely* call anyone who wins one, five, or ten Super Bowls while using the wuss coast offense a coward, because that person has won nothing. There is a huge difference between winning and winning with honor. One is meaningless, the other means everything. If you don't understand what is wrong with the wuss coast offense and you don't hate it, you might as well be a whiner fan.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Youngblood
    What are we, the Bucs?
    This just in..... We are nowhere near the Bucs.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast