Rambunctious is offline Registered User

If we are going to beat the Chargers...

Shurmur can not go back into his safe shell.

I'm worried with Clayton out that Pat will dumb it down, play it safe and revert back to the predictable play calling.

I don't think a win is mission impossible here but Pat has to call the plays that will give the players a chance to step it up.

IMHO

ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: If we are going to beat the Chargers...

run, run, bubble screen, punt. run, slant, bubble screen, punt. slant,run,slant,punt.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think we match up very well with the chargers.

You can run against them and they don't have a ton of play makers on defense. We should be able to move the chains with SJax and Bradford's accuracy.

On defense, I also think we matchup well. They don't have a power run game. They like to use the middle of the field. Once again if we limit the big plays on screen passes we should be in this game into the 3rd quarter and maybe we can steal one.

I think Sjax needs to have a huge game where he finally breaks a play or 2 and maybe Bradford hits on a big pass. SD isn't a great pass rushing defense, so maybe Bradford can get some time.

Rams also need a big play or 2 on special teams. A 50 yard FG and a Kick return past the 50 yard line.

Go Rams.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Not to mention mistake free, angry from a 44-6 drubbing type of football for the entire game.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think we match up very well with the chargers.

You can run against them and they don't have a ton of play makers on defense. We should be able to move the chains with SJax and Bradford's accuracy.

On defense, I also think we matchup well. They don't have a power run game. They like to use the middle of the field. Once again if we limit the big plays on screen passes we should be in this game into the 3rd quarter and maybe we can steal one.

I think Sjax needs to have a huge game where he finally breaks a play or 2 and maybe Bradford hits on a big pass. SD isn't a great pass rushing defense, so maybe Bradford can get some time.

Rams also need a big play or 2 on special teams. A 50 yard FG and a Kick return past the 50 yard line.

Go Rams.
    You're kidding, right? Dahl has had trouble defending TE's and now he's facing one of the best ever on Sunday. I fully expect Rivers and Gates to play pitch and catch all day. Granted, with Clayton I would have said that our offense could move the ball against their defense, but w/o Clayton? I just don't see our defense containing their offense. I would not be surprised to see them pin another 40+ points on the Rams on Sunday. ...and if they do, the Rams have NO chance of winning this game.

The ONLY way the Rams play this close is if they win the turnover battle by a factor 3 or 4 to 1, one of their WE's (other than Amendola) show up and has the game of their lives, and Jackson runs for 150 yards.

How the Rams respond after the meltdown in Motown is going to be interesting.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

This game comes down to one aspect in my opinion ...

The ability of Bartell and Fletcher to cover man to man on the outside without safety help. They have been very effective this year. This needs to continue to have a chance here ....

If they can successfully cover outside, a combination of linebackers in zone, and Atogwe/Dahl should be able to at least keep Gates from going out of this world on us ....

We will have to blitz Rivers successfully, and to do this, exceptional man coverage is a must ...

I could careless if Gates has 200 yards receiving if we can limit the wide receiver production to something minimal ...

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    You're kidding, right? Dahl has had trouble defending TE's and now he's facing one of the best ever on Sunday. I fully expect Rivers and Gates to play pitch and catch all day. Granted, with Clayton I would have said that our offense could move the ball against their defense, but w/o Clayton? I just don't see our defense containing their offense. I would not be surprised to see them pin another 40+ points on the Rams on Sunday. ...and if they do, the Rams have NO chance of winning this game.

The ONLY way the Rams play this close is if they win the turnover battle by a factor 3 or 4 to 1, one of their WE's (other than Amendola) show up and has the game of their lives, and Jackson runs for 150 yards.

How the Rams respond after the meltdown in Motown is going to be interesting.
    You said it for me. On top of that the Chargers D is really good, its just the special teams play by the chargers that has done them in so far.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
    Peanut butter jelly time
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RimrockCard is offline Registered User

i hope y`all spank them Dang Chargers,they whipped us like a box of red headed step kids..i`d like some revenge, even if it does come at the hands of my second best team!!
    Bradford up on Them!!!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Everyone agrees Bradford is a gem but this is a good oppurtunity for another youngster to step into the limelight. I think our defense will make up for the horrid showing last week but the offense needs to score some points early.