View Poll Results: If we sign little or tag him with franchise, what is our number one need?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • DE

7 30.43%
  • DT

10 43.48%
  • FS

0 0%
  • SS

0 0%
  • CB

3 13.04%
  • WSLB

0 0%
  • SSLB

2 8.70%
  • MLB

1 4.35%
    Rambos is offline Registered User

If we sign little or tag him with franchise, what is our number one need?

Who will be availed in FA or who could we draft?
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-06-2006 at 11:53 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: If we sign little or tag him with franchise, what is our number one need?

Best available defensive player. Does not matter what position. We need playmakers on defense, period. If its an OLB, replace Chillar. If its a MLB, move WW back to the outside. If its a DT or DE, displace one of the starters (other than Little). If its a CB or S, nobody's job is safe.

Same strategy for the draft.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-06-2006 at 12:48 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We need more beef in the middle of our D line. That's the first area to address among many others.:x

general counsel is offline Registered User

Keep in mind that signing or tagging little doesnt "solve" anything and doesnt help us improve, it only keeps us where we are, and that assumes that leonard stays healthy and doesnt deteriorate with age next year.

I agree to a large extent with av, but from a cap perspective, some guys are more expendable than others.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

We've got lots of needs, but seeing as how we've got basically zero depth at defensive end, I'd put that pretty high on the priority list. I'm still uneasy about going into games with only three active DEs.

majorram is offline Registered User

DE..........just have to have a pass rush and someone who can play the run!!

hell our whole d could do with some playmakers.....where do you start!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Too bad the Rams NEVER address the D in the first round of the draft huh? This has to be the WORST organization in the NFL in terms of recognizing draftable defensive talent. The list of drafted defensive BUSTS since the super bowl win is nauseating.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Rambos is offline Registered User

Too bad the Rams NEVER address the D in the first round of the draft huh?
    Hill was our first pick. Is he a bust after 8 games?

LMU93 is offline Registered User

Best available defensive front seven players. I don't care who the Rams have at DB, if the front four can't get pressure and can't stop the run you will have a bad defense. The Rams upgraded the secondary from last year with Brown, Chavous and Hill but it hasn't done much good yet.

Adeyanju and Wroten are good young players to build with, and Witherspoon and Tinoisamoa are entrenched at LB, but beyond that the front seven of the defense is up in the air. DE is probably the biggest priority since Adeyanju is the only one we have currently under contract for 2007.

There should be 5 or 6 DEs worth first round picks in the 2007 Draft. Right now my preference would be the best and biggest FA DT available and then go DE with the 1st round pick (regardless of if they re-sign Little or not, and I'm not sure they should).

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Easy, the rest of the D line.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Our run defense is plain crap...we need some big strong fatty to plug up the middle and we need to address this soon.

Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio St. (6-3, 297)
    Run-stuffing dynamo who does a great job of clogging the interior.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I went DE. A good strong pass rush can cover up a lot of flaws in the secondary.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If its a MLB, move WW back to the outside.
    I disagree with this. If it's a MLB, our first question should be "How well do you play on the strong side?"

Because neither Witherspoon or Pisa are well suited for strong side play, so lining either of them up there isn't a great decision. Moving WW to the weak side and not moving Pisa means you've got yourself one expensive back-up.

I can understand the position that Pisa/Random MLB/Witherspoon may be a better overall unit than Pisa/WW/Random SLB, but I don't think he gain much by trying to shift Witherspoon outside, especially since in the last two games he's not looked sharp at times covering the tight end.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I disagree with this. If it's a MLB, our first question should be "How well do you play on the strong side?"

Because neither Witherspoon or Pisa are well suited for strong side play, so lining either of them up there isn't a great decision. Moving WW to the weak side and not moving Pisa means you've got yourself one expensive back-up.

I can understand the position that Pisa/Random MLB/Witherspoon may be a better overall unit than Pisa/WW/Random SLB, but I don't think he gain much by trying to shift Witherspoon outside, especially since in the last two games he's not looked sharp at times covering the tight end.
    I don't necessarily disagree with that. My point was simply that, if the best player available via FA (or the draft) is a MLB, the Rams should get him, and worry about who plays where later.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Someone on our D-Line, preferably a DT. It is freakin pathetic down there and making our whole D look crappy. Give me a 400 lb 6'7'' freak who can run a 5.0 forty and stick him in the middle.