Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laram0

Thread: If we want to beat the Ravens we must..

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

If we want to beat the Ravens we must..

Stop Ray Rice.

Our run defense is going to have their hands full with the shifty, quick, and powerful Ray Rice. Not only can he run all over defenses, he can come out of the backfield and catch passes too. Our defensive players are going to have their hands full.

We must create pressure. Flacco can be forced into turning the ball over. Their receiving threats aren't so scary. They have Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta at TE, and Anquan Boldin at WR. The scariest thing about Boldin is when he lines up in the slot on third downs. Someone will have to get physical with him.

The key to scoring on the Ravens will be on Sam Bradford. He has to abuse those below average corners. Ladarius Webb, Dominique Foxworth, a banged up Chris Carr. I believe they will be beat just like last week's performance against the Giants. DX, MSW, Gibby, and Salas have to go to work. If they can beat these corners, we will put up a lot of points.

The offensive line must protect Sam Bradford. This is the biggest thing in my mind. Give him time and space, and he will pick apart that Ravens secondary. Terrell Suggs needs to be contained, as does Haloti Ngata.

The running game will be irrelevant because we are playing the Ravens. At least keep them honest. Also Sam has to keep an eye on Ed Reed, who can change a game with a blink of an eye.

I believe if we get good protection, stop Ray Rice, and have our WR's step up we will take this game.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: If we want to beat the Ravens we must..

No matter who or whom our runningbacks are for this game we must keep the Ravens honest. We can't have Bradford dropping back and throwing all the time. He will get killed!!!!

Another key point is our offense giving up points. That's right giving up points! They've allowed a defensive TD in each of our games thus far. Talk about putting ourselves behind the eight ball.

If we can minimize the mistakes I feel like we can keep this close. Although I really don't see a victory here. Just being honest.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    No matter who or whom our runningbacks are for this game we must keep the Ravens honest. We can't have Bradford dropping back and throwing all the time. He will get killed!!!!

Another key point is our offense giving up points. That's right giving up points! They've allowed a defensive TD in each of our games thus far. Talk about putting ourselves behind the eight ball.

If we can minimize the mistakes I feel like we can keep this close. Although I really don't see a victory here. Just being honest.
    Totally agree, on all points.

To have ANY chance of winning, the Rams MUST run the ball successfully and not have Bradford dropping back to pass with predictability. I fear for him if that's the case. With Jax not playing and a hobbling Williams, I just don't see the Rams running the ball successfully with Norwood and ???? (Where's Toston when you need him?) Right out of the gate, the Rams running game which most of us thought was greatly upgraded, suddenly look old and fragile. ...after two games.

Turnovers and stupid mistakes. The Rams must eliminate the stupid to have any chance. Points will be hard to come by and giving up any freebies will just make the hill that much higher to climb. I believe the Rams will improve here. How can it get any worse? ...right?

I will be sitting my butt down at the local pub watching all the games tomorrow and I'll be pulling once again for my beloved Rams, but I am preparing myself for another disappointing weekend.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -09-24-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Rams offense front has been getting Blown up. They have to win the battle in the trenches and make holes for our RBs. Thats where the Rams problems start offensively. Get Mean and Dirty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Who knows what Quinn Porter will bring, I suppose it keeps the Ravens guessing a bit too. Cadillac Williams, I doubt plays. So its a lot to ask of Norwood and Porter playing this run defense. There is some speed their though, which will at least worry them.?
    The Rams need to revert to form and make some turnovers of their own, then capitalize in the red zone.?
    The Rams defense is going to have to play at their best this week, because the offense may have difficulties this week moving it in between the 20 yard lines, then again, it might not.? Sam Bradford is that kind of QB.! I think the Ravens will be the best defense, by reputation anyway, that he has faced since coming into the NFL, so it will be interesting to see how he fares.? This is why turnovers maybe our best chance of winning this game. Lets hope the Rams can get some turnovers, and turn them into points.?
    The Ravens will be looking to pound the Rams, mixed in with Joe Flacco's arm, Ray Rice will have to be contained for 4 quarters, which is another worry.

Out of the first three games, the Baltimore game, is the one Ive had the least confidence about going in.? At least were at home though, which gives me some more hope for the Rams pulling off the upset.?
    GO RAMS