throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: If we're going to act like a business, we'd better get down to business and sign

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    But we couldve EASILY reconstructed Bennett's contract to be less than Bruce.
    Uh...

You don't restucture a player who was just signed on long term for a massive ammount, especially if he flops the first year. He wouldn't take a pay cut, and generally, the way to make contracts more cap friendly is to spread the bonus out over an extented number of years. And it's not logical to extend a player who already just signed on long term, and has been a dissappointment since day dot.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Re: If we're going to act like a business, we'd better get down to business and sign

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    because i have this feeling that it just will not work out like things are suppose to for our beloved reverend.... ISAAC BRUCE WILL BE A NINER NEXT YEAR MARK MY WORDS

If this becomes the case, then he's not the man I thought he was. Isaac has 30 other teams to choose from if he doesn't re-sign with us, so he should not pick San Fran. Think of the fans Isaac!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Obviously the Rams are really serious with a stud like Reeves coming to visit (sarcasm). We are already wasting time on Reeves and Faneca when we could be pursuing Bell and Florence. The Jets are going to get Faneca just because Bernie said to expect him to be a Ram by Saturday. That guy just spews crap, the Whiners wasted no time adding depth to their team with Rossum,Thomas,Foster and Osullivan. What depth have we added so far?
    Just Fix It

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Because Martz is in San Fran.
    Ok...well he was also in Detroit at the time of Bruce's release and I am pretty sure Bruce still went back to us.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Ok...well he was also in Detroit at the time of Bruce's release and I am pretty sure Bruce still went back to us.
    Martz had a bunch of 1st round receivers to play with in Detroit as well. He doesn't in San Francisco.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Martz had a bunch of 1st round receivers to play with in Detroit as well. He doesn't in San Francisco.
    This is main reason why I have this nasty gut feeling that he will go to San fran and become buddy buddy with martz again. Martz helped mold Bruce into a player that he is. PLUS I BELIEVE THIS TIME THAT BRUCE WILL WANT A LITTLE REVENGE ON THE LIKES OF JOHN SHAW AND ZYGGY FOR LOWBALLING HIM ONE TOO MANY TIMES AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO DO THAT BY SIGNING WITH OUR ARCH NEMESIS THE NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yes, Bruce has all 32 teams to think about now, but we can hold out hope that we can get him back yet again. However, I think of it this way, if the Whiners can cut Jerry Rice, then anyone can be cut.

Personally, I don't think he'll be back until he decides to retire, at which point we'll offer him a retirement contract and then let him retire a Ram. In his place, now we need to let the youngsters step up and grab a WR in the draft. While Berrian is a fast mofo, he's also out of our price range. Oh yeah, and he can't catch unless it's a bomb and he's wide open. Berrian is of no use to a team that isn't focused solely on the run and play action, like the Bears have been. The Bears have had no intermediate passing game for years except a little last year to the TE's up the middle. Berrian was no part of that. He just ran posts and flys and was maybe a decoy on short stuff, but no real catches there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-28-2008, 09:54 PM