Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If you could guarantee one regular season win, which game would you choose and why?

If you could pick one regular season game and be guaranteed that the Rams would win that game, which game would you choose and why?

Would it be a game you are going to attend?

A game against a division rival?

A game you think the Rams are unlikely to win?

You have the power! How will you use it?

Re: If you could guarantee one regular season win, which game would you choose and why?

I'm going to pick opending day against Denver.

Not entirely a strategic pick, as its a non-conference home game. Strategically, it would probably be better to choose the game at Seattle or Carolina. Or maybe the final game at Minnesota, as that game could be for a playoff spot.

My choice is somewhat selfish, as the the opening day game against Denver will be the first home Rams game I will have attended. But I also see it as a "barometer" game, of sorts. I previously stated that if the Rams win that game, they will make the playoffs (they still might even if they lose). I still believe that to be the case. If the Rams can beat a team like Denver to start the year, I think it will go a long way towards building confidence in the new system.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: If you could guarantee one regular season win, which game would you choose and why?

If I could guarantee a win, it's be Week 10, @ Seattle.

1. It will probably be our toughest game of the year.
    2. It's a win for us, but just as importantly, it's a loss for Seattle.
    3. You guys remember how sweet that come-back win felt up there a couple years ago?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I'll go with a VERY easy pick, the $%#@&^! ********.

Yes they suck, but I as many of you, HATE that organization. Epically after last years looses to that cheating franchise; I cannot see the RAMS repeating that kind of performance.
    If we go 2-14 those two wins better be against ********.

My choice is somewhat selfish, as the the opening day game against Denver will be the first home Rams game I will have attended. But I also see it as a "barometer" game, of sorts. I previously stated that if the Rams win that game, they will make the playoffs (they still might even if they lose). I still believe that to be the case. If the Rams can beat a team like Denver to start the year, I think it will go a long way towards building confidence in the new system
    That is a very nice thought AV. It will be a big test for the team, and the fans in attendance.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I have to go with week 10 at Seattle also, beating your top division rival at their own place, it doesn't get any more important than that before the playoffs. The Carolina game looked a little tempting too though, I think Carolina are better than Seattle this year, but since they're not in our division I'd go with Seattle.

maineram is offline Registered User

Would have to be Denver

First game to set the tempo for the season
    Attending the game after a great 4 day stay in St. Louis
    Coming off the 2006 Clamram Bash the previous night
    Beating a (preseason) potential Superbowl contender
    Linehans first regular season game as Rams head coach

Maineram - :l
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Detroit. Martz will try to assault, but our "D" will have a big day!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RealRam is offline Registered User

Would have to be Denver. // First game to set the tempo for the season. -- Maineram
    No doubt there are several key and critical games every year but I'm in agreement with AV and Maineram here: The Rams 1st game.

In addition to setting the tempo (which could very well go deep into this year), I also take into account the NEW aspects, personnel and situations that stand out for us this season. And they're not fancy "novelties" either.

1. Stephen Jackson's first-time at full command of the running back position, emphasized by the total absence of Marshall Faulk. [I so hope SJ does take command and produce! Not just for this game, of course.]

2. New HC and coaching staff. This battle Vs. Broncos is a mighty test AT HOME. A nice 'W' here would be such a relief for all the coaches.

3. High expectations for our D. Stop Denver, even if not dramatically, and you put a psychological stop, or at least a hold, on a number of concerns in this area.

4. Special Teams. As soon as the opening kickoff whistle blows, whether we kick or receive, all eyes in the EJ dome are going to carefully follow and stare at the ST condition. Again, what better way to settle the nerves than to pass this initial test at home?

5. Encourage STL fan attendance and NOISE. A home victory against the Broncos! Make a wave! Rams rumble and rattle the dome! Fans yell out the pride and support! Bring back that love and feeling!!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: If you could guarantee one regular season win, which game would you choose and wh

Easy question with an easy answer.

I want to win the game that is exactly 158 days from now. The one happening on February 4th, 2007. And do you know what? I don't even care who it is against.

Why. Because this would mean we won enough games to get to the playoffs and also won our way through them. This is the only game that really matters on the schedule. If I am in charge, this is the one I want.

Re: If you could guarantee one regular season win, which game would you choose and wh

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Easy question with an easy answer.

I want to win the game that is exactly 158 days from now. The one happening on February 4th, 2007. And do you know what? I don't even care who it is against.

Why. Because this would mean we won enough games to get to the playoffs and also won our way through them. This is the only game that really matters on the schedule. If I am in charge, this is the one I want.
    Tsk, tsk...

Someone didn't read the question!

The question was clearly regarding regular season games!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

what?...

...I consider 2007 just another regular season! Coaches come, coaches go. Players signed then released etc....

All the games are important. And I want the one in February. You said I was in charge and I have the power!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Tsk, tsk...

Someone didn't read the question!

The question was clearly regarding regular season games!

bigredman is offline Registered User

OK....I'm looking through the schedule

My first instinct is to protect bragging rights in northern California, so that would be the games against the whiners and faiders. However, I really believe we can win these games without any magical powers.

Games that worry me:
    Broncos at Rams 9-10
    Rams at Cardinals 9-24
    Seahawks at Rams 10-15
    Rams at Chargers 10-29
    Rams at Seahawks 11-12
    Rams at Panthers 11-19
    Cardinals at Rams 12-3

Having only one game in which to use my magic spell, leave me with two choices:

1. Broncos at Rams
    Would love to win this to get off on a positive note against a real contender, give the players, coaches, and fans confidence plus make the BASH even a better memory. Besides, I hate that rat faced head coach of the Broncos.

2. Rams at Panthers
    This is a conference game against a team that always gives us fits, especially at their home field. They look like they will be tough again this year. It would be nice to keep whatever momentum going at that time of the season.

Drum roll........................................................................................

Broncos vs the Rams baby!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

This is an easy one for me. Just read my name. :x

However......

I don't think we need any magic against Jeff George and the faiders. :\

So, I'll change my pick and say Denver. It could set the table for many games to follow. :r

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

I change my choice, after seeing Green Bay I feel that this should be a sure win! Why because they are really bad. Farve should retire! We are going to hurt him.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

rampower is offline Registered User

no stratergy, Denver because i will be there and wana watch em win!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast