Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: If you could keep one

rampower is offline Registered User

If you could keep one

Jackson or Amendola?

The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

rampower is offline Registered User

If you could keep one

Jacksons the locker room influence, the rams legend. I'd live to see him retire a ram. I'd also hate to lose Amendola. Injuries aside, he has that explosiveness we need. I'm probably on my own here, we will have to move on from Jackson someday and he is a super classy guy, but the thought of him going kills me more, despite the long runs being few and far between now, I'd keep him.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

RosieJones is offline Registered User

Re: If you could keep one

If Amendola could stay healthy this would be a harder decision, but since he doesn't seem to be able to Jackson is the choice.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I love them both, but I have to say Amendola. S-Jax' production has been trending down ever since 2009 when he was 26. He will be 30 once training camp opens, and I honestly believe he has had his last 1,000 yard season.

Amendola finished the season healthy, and none of his injuries are cumulative. He's just as likely to break his collarbone as any other player in the NFL. At 27, Amendola has a few years left. I'm afraid S-Jax may have only 1......maaaaaybe 2, years left in him.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

We know the shelf life of a productive NFL running back is much less than that of a receiver, who can still be productive into his late 30's. On a strictly objective productivity standpoint, the answer is obvious. With Jackson's status as a great Ram and Amendolas penchant for injuries, it becomes a bit murkier, but I'd still select Amendola.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Until he proves differently, Steven Jackson is an elite back in this league and that includes his off field leadership as well. I would love to have them both, but if you restrict me to 1 its got to be SJ.

Who will be our bell-cow back? Who will add pass protection from the backfield? Who will fire up the team with great runs that reflect a will not lose attitude? Amendola does a lot of great things too, but it will be harder to replace SJ's contributions right now than Amendola.

Go Rams!

majorram is offline Registered User

Im with Jackson, its more than just his running, just look at the bliz pick-up, take alook at the block that he throw at Willis in the first meeting against the whiners to spring pettis at the back of the endzone, he is an excellent pass protector. boy are we going to miss that! and the leadership that he brings to this young team on and off the field!!!!.

he is going to be hard to replace if he does leave!!!!

for me its jackson, hands down

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Jackson ... more characters so it will let me post..

RealRam is offline Registered User

Interesting Rams dilemma no matter how anticipated! Borrowing from perspectives above...

Amendola: Productive, playmaker yet injury prone. Three, four years in tank?

Jackson: Great character, presence but losing steam. Twilight of career?

VOTE:
    Steven Jackson based on durability / strength and, hopefully, improved OL - overall offense.