Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By macrammer
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 4 Post By MauiRam
  • 1 Post By MoonJoe
  • 2 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER
  • 2 Post By Guam rammer

Thread: If you could meet on current and past Ram who would that be?

macrammer is offline Registered User

If you could meet on current and past Ram who would that be?

oJust wondering who you would like to meet

For me.....current Ram is Danny Amendola
    Past Ram is a bit tougher choice.....so many great Rams of the past....but if I had to choose just one I would pick Jack Younblood with Jackie Slater a close second.....
    Last edited by macrammer; -11-06-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    RamDez likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: If you could meet on current and past Ram who would that be?

It would be Jack Youngblood, no doubt about it. He was the one who inspired me when I was a little kid to like the Rams. Nolan Cromwell would be second- I played his position in high school and wore #21 in all three sports I played. Deacon Jones would be third- the greatest Ram ever and an icon of the sport. And fourth would be Kurt Warner.
    macrammer likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Current: Fisher (some good stories)

Past: Marshall Faulk (partied hard)
    Let the hype begin.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Current: Player would have to be SJ. Longest tenured, and one of my favourite Rams of all time.

Past: I'd go with Isaac Bruce. He was the reason I started to like the Rams and is and will always be my favourite Ram. Quietly a top 3 WR this game has ever seen.

THE DREAM TEAM

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I met Jack Youngblood way back in the day when the Rams were still in L.A., actually they were in Anaheim. I flew over with my young son (he was 9 at the time) to spend some time with family, and had the opportunity to visit the Rams' training camp circa 1987 - John Robinson was the head coach back then. As we were wandering around the practice fields (there were several practice fields & things were more informal in those days), we saw a guy sitting on one of those movable bleachers watching practice. As we got closer I could see it was Jack. He turned out to be very gracious and friendly, and signed several items for Chris, my son. We chatted for 15 minutes or so. Among the autographs acquired that day were those of Tom Newberry, Kevin Greene, Jim Everett, and several others. I have an entire album full of shots with Chris and various players. Regrettably I have no idea where it is, and my wife .. oh never mind, I won't go there.

Current player? Danny Amendola/Steven Jackson .. Toss up - either one would be fine.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I didn't even blink on this one. Jackie Slater. 20 years a as a consumate professional and a good guy to boot. Then it would be Youngblood, Olsen, The Deacon and Marshall.
    macrammer likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, I've met Jack Youngblood, Jackie Slater, Dennis Harrah, and Deacon Jones. All in LA/OC after their playing days. Also met John Robinson in a small local diner in El Segundo many years ago right after he left the Rams. Hell, I met Deacon in the bar at a local golf course in Anaheim. That was a great experience, just sitting and listening to him tell stories. Really great guy.

A former player I'd still like to meet though is Kurt Warner. Still one of the greatest sports stories of all time to me. A true rags to riches story. ...and it couldn't have happened to a better man.

A current player? ...hmmmmm, probably Sam Bradford. Just seems like such a down-to-earth well centered kid. Would be cool to talk to.
    live4ramin and macrammer like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

mh-i is offline Registered User

I met Pat Haden a few months ago and was surprised how short he is............for an ex NFL QB so scratch him off the list. Current player would be Long.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Isaac Bruce. I would ask him what it felt like to have been traded to the ****** which were our nemesis for many years in the nineties. Sitting in that locker room where players chanted "same ole sorry rams" for 15 consecutive games and wondering of all teams, how could it possibly have been the niners that picked up the remainder of his contract. Of all the receivers we've seen since he left i still think that even at that stage of his career he still had better hands and route running skills then any of them. I still don't know why during the GSOT years he was second on the depth chart to Torry. Bruce and Steven Jacksons careers are somewhat similar in the way they they approach the game and stayed with a losing team but never really barked the trade gimmick. These are the players you gotta root for as a true team fan and for that it would be an honor to meet with them and thank them for loving this team as much as we do.
    ramsbruce and macrammer like this.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Isaac Bruce. I would ask him what it felt like to have been traded to the ****** which were our nemesis for many years in the nineties. Sitting in that locker room where players chanted "same ole sorry rams" for 15 consecutive games and wondering of all teams, how could it possibly have been the niners that picked up the remainder of his contract. Of all the receivers we've seen since he left i still think that even at that stage of his career he still had better hands and route running skills then any of them. I still don't know why during the GSOT years he was second on the depth chart to Torry. Bruce and Steven Jacksons careers are somewhat similar in the way they they approach the game and stayed with a losing team but never really barked the trade gimmick. These are the players you gotta root for as a true team fan and for that it would be an honor to meet with them and thank them for loving this team as much as we do.
    i know one thing he would say,well should say being a man of god and speak the truth.."i wasn`t traded to the Niners.i was cut and chose to join the Niners myself".

the only trade of his career was when the Niners traded him back to us so he could retire a Ram.

great man tho both on and off the field. even if he chose himself to play for the niners.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I will go ED 29 from the past.

Now I would like to play a round of golf with Bradford, he hits the ball pretty good.

from the past: Deacon (out of the one`s still alive,i may have picked Merlin otherwise) not just because of his greatness,although being the greatest DE of all time to me is miles better than being the best at any other position.but i find him a funny guy who tells some great anecdotes. his book Headslap is the greatest sports auto/biography i`ve ever read.

from the present team: probably Cortland.

i would have possibly said Danny but although i`ve never met him i have atleast chatted with him online briefly so have a bit of knowledge regarding the type of guy he is off the field.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i know one thing he would say,well should say being a man of god and speak the truth.."i wasn`t traded to the Niners.i was cut and chose to join the Niners myself".

the only trade of his career was when the Niners traded him back to us so he could retire a Ram.

great man tho both on and off the field. even if he chose himself to play for the niners.
    thanks for the info. embarrassed now

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    thanks for the info. embarrassed now
    no worries buddy.least you know now,just incase you do bump into Ike..

eldfan is offline Registered User

Jack Youngblood use to love watching him play. Steven Jackson the best player on some bad teams.
    :ramlogo: