RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

If you were the coaches, what offense call do you make to start the game against NO?

After Amendola returns the kickoff to the Rams 36 ...

Rams line up, two tight ends right, Burton lined up tight to the left ...

Jackson in the backfield, offset I to the right with Karney...

Bulger hands off to Jackson. NO, it's a PLAY FAKE! Pressure coming free off the left end, Bulger is going to be SAC ... NO, picked up by a pulling Daniel Fells ...

Bulger steps up, throws deep to a streaking Burton running a zip route down the sideline, 64 yards, TOUCHDOWN St. Louis!

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Re: If you were the coaches, what offense call do you make to start the game against

Ground and pound with jaxx. We know bulgers int tendencies and with Darren sharper back there, run that ball!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: If you were the coaches, what offense call do you make to start the game against

I formation, one tight end, two WRs. Hand off to Jackson up the middle. Let Smith and Barron take care of Grant and Smith,Danny Fells can take their strongside LB, the interior OL can work against the two DTs to open a big whole for Karney to smash Vilma out the way and leave Jackson against the two safeties

I like the chances of a long run in that situation

ccamps28 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    After Amendola returns the kickoff to the Rams 36 ...

Rams line up, two tight ends right, Burton lined up tight to the left ...

Jackson in the backfield, offset I to the right with Karney...

Bulger hands off to Jackson. NO, it's a PLAY FAKE! Pressure coming free off the left end, Bulger is going to be SAC ... NO, picked up by a pulling Daniel Fells ...

Bulger steps up, throws deep to a streaking Burton running a zip route down the sideline, 64 yards, TOUCHDOWN St. Louis!
    That's the exact play i would call.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

This will blow your socks off...

Rams line up, Avery wide right, Burton wide left, Otogwe in the slot

Bulger under center , Jackson in the backfield

Bulger snaps ball, hands off to Jackson, runs up to line of scrimmage, turns around....OH ITS A FLEA FLICKER back to Bulger

Avery is steaming down the line, Bulger launches it hits him in perfect stride

Darren Sharper is the last defender, one on one with Avery, then BOOM...out of nowhere Otogwe flattens Sharper showing that old man how a safety should hit and Avery runs in for the score, does his little chicken legs dance and we all cheer

Bet that'll happen

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Honestly, if there's ever a time where we DON'T pass deep, it's this game. We want to keep New Orleans' offense off the field as much as possible. Pound the ball with Steven Jackson, make short completions, like how the WCO should work.

I think we can depend on our D, depending on how much energy they have. I think they can play well when they aren't on the field as much if not more than the offense. Just got to be methodical and I think an opening TD/FG is vital. Sets the tone of the game.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Ok here is something we should try

Single back for mation with avery and burton on the wings.
    Snap to bulger hand to jackson turn around and do a fle flicker back to bulger.
    The whole time this is going on Avery has been running toward bulger. bulger hand to avery for the "end around." Touchdown.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Play fake to Jackson screen pass to Fells. N.O. is going to stack the box just like everyne else and I'm sure they will think a run is coming. We will have to run a lot in this game and play ball controll. If not the score will be similar to the Indy game.
    Just Fix It

maineram is offline Registered User

Call a time out !!!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

shower beers is offline Registered User

The Annexation of Puerto Rico!

</end little giants reference>

schut39 is offline Registered User

Start off with a wide receiver reverse pass. My team did it to start off our game, got an easy 40 yards.

richtree is offline Registered User

I like the Slot reciever screen ., Amendola usually gets 4 yards off of these, plus it allows us to get the ball and 2nd down and less to SJAX , as welll as seeing how they line up on defense. I think the key is to avoid 3 and more than 4, 5 yards as Bulger is turning into Chad Pennington

39thebeast is offline Registered User

well everyone is going to staring at S-Jax so either put him in the wildcat fake the run and let him throw it deep or line him up in the slot throw to him quick and let him hand it off to Avery coming the other way, to Will Smiths sides because he is undisciplined when it comes to the contain.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I say opening play of the drive, it should be a deep throw. A play action or flea flicker. We know they are stacking the box on our first possession.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

10m39s80i81t is offline Registered User

Put 12 men on the field (extra player Josh brown) Bulger pass to Brown, Brown pass to Fells....Touchdown!!! Hope no one notices. LOL.