Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I'll be at Rams practice today!

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I'll be at Rams practice today!

As we are all well aware, our beloved team begins (as Tavon Austin described on his Twitter this morning) "The Grind". Because I'm currently attending school in St. Louis, I have been blessed with the opportunity to frequent the open practices, a chance I'm not about to pass up.

I will be attending today's practice, and will be jotting down notes about things I find either notable or just plain awesome. However, I'm more than willing to pay attention to specific parts if you all have a request or two. Keep in mind that I'm only one person and that I can't get everything, but I will certainly try. Once I've returned, I'll write out my findings on here for everyone to enjoy.

So... What do you all want to hear about?
    HUbison likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: I'll be at Rams practice today!

Jared Cook, Brian Quick, the whole RB battle. Kellen Clemens vs Austin Davis. The LG rotation (Shelley Smith, Brandon Washington, Chris Williams). The rookies: Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Alec Ogletree, T.J McDonald.

Just a few things to look out for.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Just go have fun, kid. Just being at camp can be a blast. Whatever looks interesting to you, I'm sure will be interesting to us.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Zac Stacy - how he compares with the other backs we have? Is Brian Quick playing with confidence, showing he finally has a good grasp on the playbook, and thus his route running? Lastly, we spent a ton on Jake Long - how does he look? Does he look 100% healthy, will the coaching staff let him participate in the "one on one" drills with our defensive ends? Have a great time, and THANKS !!!
    Last edited by MauiRam; -07-25-2013 at 05:30 PM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Brian Cook plays for us now? Let's hope he can shoot some 3's like he did with the Lakers!!! hahahahaha

I know your talking about Brian Quick... Let's hope he matures indeed...

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Brian Cook plays for us now? Let's hope he can shoot some 3's like he did with the Lakers!!! hahahahaha

I know your talking about Brian Quick... Let's hope he matures indeed...
    Sorry about that - just fixed it.

Again ...
    Last edited by MauiRam; -07-25-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

I think everyone understands that the D is solid, the other side of the ball is where all the concern is. Barring serious improvement, another long season is on the horizon.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Haste is offline Registered User

Have fun out there!

Is there a training camp schedule somewhere with the address of where its at?

Is it free or do you buy tickets?

Never been to one and should have the chance to go next week.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Haste View Post
    Have fun out there!

Is there a training camp schedule somewhere with the address of where its at?

Is it free or do you buy tickets?

Never been to one and should have the chance to go next week.

Rams Announce 2013 Training Camp Schedule
    Posted by nickwagoner on June 14, 2013 – 8:30 PM

- The official start of training camp is a little more than a month away. But the Rams announced the practice dates and times on Friday afternoon.

- Below is the official release from the team:
    RAMS ANNOUNCE 2013 TRAINING CAMP PRACTICE SCHEDULE

ST. LOUIS, MO – The 2013 St. Louis Rams Training Camp presented by Bud Light will feature 17 open practices at Rams Park, and an open scrimmage held at the Edward Jones Dome, the team announced today.

Rookies will report to Rams Park on July 21 and the remainder of the team will report to camp on July 23. The first public practice will be held at 3:30 p.m. CT on Thursday, July 25. The open scrimmage at the Edward Jones Dome begins at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 3. Autograph sessions with select players will follow each practice and the open scrimmage.

Below is a complete schedule of the Rams 2013 training camp practices open to the public:

Date Open Practice Times
    Thursday, July 25 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Friday, July 26 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Saturday, July 27 Practice 5:30 p.m.
    Monday, July 29 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Wednesday, July 31 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Thursday, August 1 Practice 5:30 p.m.
    Friday, August 2 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Saturday, August 3 Scrimmage 12:30 p.m. at Edward Jones Dome
    Monday, August 5 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Tuesday, August 6 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Saturday, August 10 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Monday, August 12 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Thursday, August 15 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Friday, August 16 Practice 11:15 a.m.
    Monday, August 19 Practice 3:30 p.m.
    Tuesday, August 20 Practice 4:00 p.m.
    Wednesday, August 21 Practice 3:30 p.m.

Weather and field conditions are evaluated daily, so all dates and times provided are subject to change, including autograph sessions. Parking will be available at the lot directly north of Rams Park at no charge. No parking will be allowed at area businesses or in the Rams Park parking lot. Video cameras and alcohol are prohibited.

For more information about training camp, please visit the Rams’ website at Official Site of the St. Louis Rams. For up-to-date practice schedules, please call the training camp hotline at 314-982-7267.
    Haste likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Receivers corps please, including TEs: routes, plays, hands. // Have pics? Thanks Ramendola.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

No pictures due to the strict nature of the staff (which I fully support), but I did pick up some really good tidbits. I'll have a full report later, but here are some of the big things that I noticed out there today.

- My personal RB rankings (based on one practice, mind you): Pead > Stacy > Richardson > Everyone else. Richardson played very well, so this is not to be a knock on him. Stacy ran hard and has incredible acceleration. And Pead... Man, if this kid gets his mental game on, we'll be in business. His shiftiness is incredibly. He was fast, fluid, and made some Tavon-esque moves.

- Speaking of Tavon (and pardon my French), HOT DAMN! I don't mean to sound like a drone that just delivers drivels of how fast he is, but he's unreal. In a single practice session he managed to:

1) Burn Cortland and get 10 yards of separation in a little less than 40 yards of running.
    2) Catch a ball, cut on an immediate dime, and break poor Trumaine's ankles, leaving the crowd in awe
    3) Get a single running play and manage to make Ogletree look like an absolute bum.

Get hyped for this kid, people.

- Bradford went deep a lot today, with great success. He dropped a 50-yard beauty in the corner of the endzone to Givens (who dropped it), gutted everyone on a deep seam to Tavon, and laid a bomb in between two defenders to Stedman (who made a man's catch). There were other deep throws, and Bradford's arm strength and accuracy were impeccable each time.

- Now, the topic we've all been interested in: Brian Quick. I made it a point to pay special attention to him, and this is what I found.

1) He was constantly receiving high-fives from the coaching staff.
    2) His routes looked crisp and definitive.
    3) He didn't drop a pass, even with Trumaine draped all over him.
    4) He's way faster than 4.5.
    5) He genuinely looked comfortable and in control. He bailed out both Bradford and Clemens by coming back to them when other options were covered and made some excellent sideline catches, one of which he did with Jenkins covering him.

- Cook and Ogletree matched up often. I would say Ogletree won most of the battles.

- Pettis is turning in to a Lance Moore type of receiver. The middle of the field is his.

- A name to keep an eye on: Andrew Hemlick. He's a rookie WR out of Lindenwood, and he can play ball. He was fast, ran excellent routes, and made plays on some very poor throws from Austin Davis.

- Legatron is stupid strong. He hit the camera man on top of the camera stand. I'm not sure how high that thing goes, but it was taller than the training complex. Did I mention he hit dead center every time?

- Another camp name to be excited about: Eugene Sims. The guy simply destroyed the second unit, and seemed to be the hardest hustler in the camp not named James Laurinitis.

- Fan attendance was estimated to be around 1000. It felt like 5000. The place was packed and buzzing.

That's all for now. If you have any specific questions outside of what I've answered here, please ask!
    RealRam, MFranke, HUbison and 7 others like this.

viper is offline Registered User

Good job! I can't get enough of it. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Excellent work. The team and you.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Good work, partner!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MACD is offline Registered User

Best summary I've read anywhere. Succint and covering the fans' greatest interests. Anything on linemen is worthless right now before the full contact starts.

Great job Ramendola!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast