throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    moloch41 Guest

I'm a better Rams fans than you...

I have no connection to a professional football team and I am not affiliated with anyone on the inside of the organization, but I am a more informed fan than you.

I have no experience managing or disecting a salary cap for an NFL team, but I know more about who we should or shouldn't sign than you.

I have never been a scout for a professional football team, but I am a far better talent evaluator than you.

I never question when my team makes some mind-boggling, stupid decision- so I am a more loyal fan than you.

Even though we are privy to the same information, I do not agree with your assessment of it, hence you are not as smart a fan as I.

I never go on other team's message boards, but I assume it's the same. I guess there's always going to be someone making some post ripe with pretension and reeking of condescension- questioning other fan's loyalty and intelligence just because they have a different opinion. Oh well, such is life. I never understood why some people continually make the silly assumption that if someone isn't positive all the time or isn't all "Rah-Rah" about the moves a team makes, then they aren't real fans.

rampower is offline Registered User

Re: I'm a better Rams fans than you...

Its an odd one isn't it. Cast out non beleavers and those who have ot had season tickets for 10 years. But just because somebody is positive all the time doesn't make somebody less of a fan either. I simply classify everybody as fans. Not better or worse, Just fans. Wether 1 year or 20, no games watched or plenty.

Nonetheless the silly seasons banter keeps us all going.

Oh and I am a better fan than you as I have had more posts.

Wait a minute. I haven't. You win Moloch
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

oh moloch....buck up little camper. That's why message boards are so fun. I'm sure you enjoy reading a post and ripping it to pieces, we've all read some of your witty retorts. I find it somewhat refreshing that some fans can look at a bleak team and find hope. That gives me inspiration. Maybe fleeting inspiration because I still have to watch the Rams implode every Sunday but inspiration nonetheless.

It was somewhat ironic that the post number of yours when I read this was at "666". You devil you.

Rambos is offline Registered User

oh moloch....buck up little camper
    I know I'm having fun...TX I saw that one too. 666

moklerman Guest

I think I'm just getting tired of the annual nut-kick. Every year the team makes some move that literally pisses me off and then goes on to get worse in the standings. Warner, Curtis, Bruce...it would hurt less if the moves would actually benefit the team.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    oh moloch....buck up little camper. That's why message boards are so fun. I'm sure you enjoy reading a post and ripping it to pieces, we've all read some of your witty retorts. I find it somewhat refreshing that some fans can look at a bleak team and find hope. That gives me inspiration. Maybe fleeting inspiration because I still have to watch the Rams implode every Sunday but inspiration nonetheless.

It was somewhat ironic that the post number of yours when I read this was at "666". You devil you.

Oh, I'm all bucked up!!! And the 666 is just a coincidence. I hold no allegiance to the devil...just the angry monkey gods.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

to be honest, i have noticed moloch to be much more skeptical of things which other rams fans see as positive

but thats not a bad thing. if anything it just promotes discussion. and in no way does that mean he is less of a Rams fan than anyone else here

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

As much as people seem to love to rip into their fellow fans opinions on these boards, I don't see much evidence of clannies holding themselves above other clannies on the basis of those opnions.

I'd agree with Tomahawk when he points out that Moloch has been fairly withering in his assessments of the team recently and he's not alone.

It would have been just as straightforward to lampoon the relentlessly negative as the hopelessly positive. I'd go so far as to say that those of us who have a different take on things have been the subject of many a weak witticism.It all adds to the mix and it would be boring were we all the same.

But as Dez has pointed out, these boards are for venting so vent away MacDuff, but remember that this place can be a bit of a bear pit at times so a tin hat is necessary.

Rambos is offline Registered User

witĚtiĚcism (wt-szm)
    n.
    A witty remark. See Synonyms at joke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Blend of witty and criticism.]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Once again I feel the need to defend the innocent.

I believe I am one of the cheerleaders here. I try took look at things as positively as I can...why you ask.

1) I believe I am a fan of the Rams and that is my job. I have been raised to love this team no matter what.

2) I believe that no one in the organization is trying to put a loser on the field. The decisions may not always be right, but to me that is only human. When is the last time you were right all the time.

3) I live in hell. I have no Ram fan friends other than the ones I have here. I listen to the badgering daily from Viking fans, Packer fans or whoever feels the need to pick on my obsession. Coming here to do the same or to listen to fans belittle this team hurts at times, but in the same breath also helps to process all the information in a more objective way. I try not to feed into the negativity but a times it is hard.

4) I want the undying devotion from our fans that the Packer fans have for their team. I want what they have. Win or lose there is something about them that makes ever season special.

5) I believe the team comes first. This is the one sport that one player can not control. It needs to be a team effort starting with the front office all the way down to the equipment room, to the players to the fans. This is why we were successful in the past and this is why we will be in the future. The quicker we all learn this the quicker our success will come.

I believe I am realistic. But I also find the need to THINK we are going to be the best team in the NFC every year. If I don't think that.. why in the hell am I watching the games?? Seems like kind of a waste if at least we don't always think we have a chance to win it all.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I've got my tin hat on and a dictionary by my side, I shall fear no witticisms.

And great post 'Wraith.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -03-04-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: More love for the Wraithster.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    I think I'm just getting tired of the annual nut-kick. Every year the team makes some move that literally pisses me off and then goes on to get worse in the standings. Warner, Curtis, Bruce...it would hurt less if the moves would actually benefit the team.
    On a positive note,we can't get much worse than 3-13.I think we'll be better healthy players provided.

theodus69 Guest

I'm a better fan than anybody because drink a wider variety of berr and spirits......Hands down!!!!!!!!!

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    As much as people seem to love to rip into their fellow fans opinions on these boards, I don't see much evidence of clannies holding themselves above other clannies on the basis of those opnions.
    Well, here's an instance where we disagree. I think that when people criticize the team for moves that were or weren't made, they criticize the team and the coaching staff- while people who defend the team attack fellow board posters and question their intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    I'd agree with Tomahawk when he points out that Moloch has been fairly withering in his assessments of the team recently and he's not alone.
    Well, this is true- but what has this organization done in the last half dozen years to give me hope? I've been a Rams fan since I was a kid in the early 80s- and even though that support hasn't wavered, I'm not blind enough to think this is the NY Yankees of the NFL. I remember the 90s very clearly and know that this franchise has fielded a loser fan more often than fielding a winner. Our free agent and draft acquisitions of the past 20 yrs haven't exactly been stellar and are often made to save a buck.
    Last edited by moloch41; -03-05-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    On a positive note,we can't get much worse than 3-13.I think we'll be better healthy players provided.
    Well...for argument's sake...

I can count 3 ways

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-04-2008, 08:43 PM