throwback week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I'm Disgusted!!!!!

Both good points, but to take the risk of putting your opponent in an almost instant position to win the game against keeping a drive on your own side of the field alive was a huge risk. Definitely a ballsy call by Martz that to his credit, was successful.

RamMyrow Guest

What a heartbreaker!! I was so excited when Bulger ran it in,just to end up losing in OT.Ouch!!!
    Something has to be done about all of these darn penalties. You cant false start on third freakin down in overtime. I was very impressed with Bulger today though except for the overthrown passes.

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

You'd think these big pay-checked idiots would know fundamentals by now.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Special teams was not great. They gave up plenty of field position, but I really can't put the entire blame on special teams. The defense was dreadful and the penalties by the offense were unacceptable. This loss belongs to the entire team as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Maybe someone can explain to me the wisdom of going for it on fourth and one in your own territory, in overtime.
    I don't think there was any wisdom involved here Mike. Just good old fashioned gut instinct, you know the same instinct that was missing in a playoff game last season. To be honest I liked the call to go for it. Reminded me of the side of Martz that I have come to admire.

:ramlogo:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Ferter, like Nick and tanus, you make good points. Martz needs to stick with his aggressive side, but that play scared the crap out of me! Just a little too risky for me. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about his motivation in making the call.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

His motivation was probably the 400+ yards of offense the Rams D had given up to that point and their general inability to keep New Orleans out of scoring position all day.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Yodude is offline Registered User

Two weeks in a row of double digit penalties....lack of preparation by the coaching staff, lack of focus by the players....or a combination thereof.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Rambos is offline Registered User

itís your boy Marc now on a losing streak!!!

I'm Disgusted!!!!! And your should be, itís your boy Marc now on a losing streak!!!

Well, well, well, Warner is 2-1 and Marc is 1-2 and on a 2 game losing streak. Hmmm whats going on here, could the Warnerites have seen this coming? I know I did, Warner is still the man and Martz well is Martz you got to love him or hate, I just laugh at him. I know TX and Avenger are going to make every excuse it the book for Marc, but he started and we lost, remember wins and loses everything else well that just donít matter.

Re: itís your boy Marc now on a losing streak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    I'm Disgusted!!!!! And your should be, itís your boy Marc now on a losing streak!!!

Well, well, well, Warner is 2-1 and Marc is 1-2 and on a 2 game losing streak. Hmmm whats going on here, could the Warnerites have seen this coming? I know I did, Warner is still the man and Martz well is Martz you got to love him or hate, I just laugh at him. I know TX and Avenger are going to make every excuse it the book for Marc, but he started and we lost, remember wins and loses everything else well that just donít matter.
    ...are you serious? Really, I mean c'mon.

Serious, as another L on the score board.

Well then, what do you want? A cookie?

I guess I'm not seeing the point of your "Haha, I told you so! It's only Week Three, but let me rub your nose in how wrong I think you were and lavish my victory!" post, or how it's either constructive or necessary on this board, but maybe that's just me.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Serious, as another L on the score board.
    C'mon Rambos, I understand your frustration, but it is over and done with as far as Warner. We both know that hanging wins and losses on the QB and not the entire team is BS. We knew it last year and we know it now.....right?

:ramlogo:

rebel13 Guest

Angry Re: itís your boy Marc now on a losing streak!!!

Very accurate post Rambos!! It is painfully obvious to me that Martz continues taking this team down and should be fired. I would laugh too if it wasn't so painfuly watching this once proud team sink. On the bright side, who can we take with the first pick in the draft?

Yodude is offline Registered User

C'mon Rambos, I understand your frustration, but it is over and done with as far as Warner. We both know that hanging wins and losses on the QB and not the entire team is BS. We knew it last year and we know it now.....right?
    Excellent point Ferter....I wish everybody would acknowledge this fact, but that would be asking too much. There a few people who took an awful lot of heat and abuse the last two years for their support of a certain former ram QB, and if things don't turn around, I think we will be hearing from them!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

ďyour boy Marc now on a losing streak!!Ē ok that might be too much, But Martz has taken a very good football team and has done what with it. Martz got what he wanted he got to pick the QB.

Look we canít keep making up excuses for the Rams mistakes. This is a poorly coached team. Good-coached teams donít keep shooting themselves in the foot. This looks like a very undisciplined team too me, too many penalties that are just killing us and that goes back to the head coach.

Martz will continue to lose the close games until he starts coaching on both side of the ball, thatís what a head football coach does, not just look at what play he is going to call next as it a track meet on defense, it looks like he is not even coaching the defense, have you ever seen or in this game seen him get into someone grill on the D side of the ball, like he does with the QBís. It time to get a head coach.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-26-2004 at 08:56 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast