Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    rebel13 is offline Registered User

Talking Re: I'm Disgusted!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    “your boy Marc now on a losing streak!!” ok that might be too much, But Martz has taken a very good football team and has done what with it. Martz got what he wanted he got to pick the QB.

Look we can’t keep making up excuses for the Rams mistakes. This is a poorly coached team. Good-coached teams don’t keep shooting themselves in the foot. This looks like a very undisciplined team too me, too many penalties that are just killing us and that goes back to the head coach.

Martz will continue to lose the close games until he starts coaching on both side of the ball, that’s what a head football coach does, not just look at what play he is going to call next as it a track meet on defense, it looks like he is not even coaching the defense, have you ever seen or in this game seen him get into someone grill on the D side of the ball, like he does with the QB’s. It time to get a head coach.
    Fire Martz?? Isn't he an offensive genius? Hasn't he taken the Rams to a Superbowl? Why, don't players line up to play for him? He is such a "players coach".

gap Guest

Re: I'm Disgusted!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    The defense, well they have issues, but did they really have to make a star out of Aaron Stecker? He came into the game averaging 2.7 yards per carry.
    It's hard to tackle a guy when his blockers are allowed to hold. The same penalty the RAMS seamed to get flagged for every time they had a long running play.

This loss is squarely put on smartz and his stupidity on the sidelines. Someone stuff him up in the booth for the remainder of the season. Maybe then he will see how to attack the other team correctly.

gap

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

This looks like a very undisciplined team too me, too many penalties that are just killing us and that goes back to the head coach.
    Why does it go back to the head coach? If this were a pattern over an entire season or the last four years of Martz' tenure then I could agree. Looking at the history of Martz' offense they are very well disciplined. Personally I think this falls to the players themselves.

Martz will continue to lose the close games until he starts coaching on both side of the ball, that’s what a head football coach does, not just look at what play he is going to call next as it a track meet on defense, it looks like he is not even coaching the defense, have you ever seen or in this game seen him get into someone grill on the D side of the ball, like he does with the QB’s. It time to get a head coach.
    I think you are grasping with this. Martz admits he does not concentrate on the defense during games. He leaves that to his defensive coaches and he has always done this. So, what's new, except that the defense is now struggling?

Look around the league and tell me every head coach is deeply involved with both sides of the ball during games. When you can show me some proof of that then I would be inclined to find some merit in your statements. Really it is the respective coordinators that make most of the calls around the league.

:ramlogo:

Martz is such a good coach. Why are all you people getting mad at him? The squib kick was a great idea. As were the 2 and 3 yard passes in overtime. Maybe this is just a bit of bad luck? Let's give him a chance. He'll get better, won't he?

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

okay, I'm not a Martz supporter at all but, i can't blame this one on him! Marc played well about 90% ot the time and that is all that you can ask! as far as the play calling ,I liked it all up until the BS kick off. I agree with someone else on this board! He, (Martz ) should have let Wilkens boom it deep with NO return and then the saints would have had to drive at least 65 yards to get into so called field goal range!
    Marc looked above average most of the day up until OT. then it looked like he tried to guide the ball on his passes. (lofting it) He looks alot better when he puts a little mustard on it! He also waited a little too long on a few passes! But in no means did he hurt this team today! The fumble came from trying to make the big play (like KW di last year against the giants) but who can fault that? Not me ! I like players giving it their all! And Marc did just that! O-line still looked terrible! D-Line looked good at times! They put alot of pressure on Brooks in my eyes just totally over pursued him and the saints on alot of plays!!!!!!!! still wet behind the ears but, i think that they will improve real soon! Count on it! Special teams are a little small if you ask me!
    The LB's need to play a whole lot better! Missed tackles and getting juked looks to be a habit for these guys! Not just picking on them though! We truly do need a ligit run stopper though!
    Oh and i'm a Warnerite and also a Bulgerite! Martz keep getting aggressive and it will all come in to place! Orlando should have to run the steps for the last few games he's played! He's the the big O that im used to!
    Fire the POstons and get into camp just like the rest of the team!!!!!!!!

Martz needs to get on their a_ _ _ _s during practices! Quit being soft on these guys! What's with not useing Kevin Curtis more? He would stretch the D and has just as good of hands as looker if not better! rotation would be good MM!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Personally I think this falls to the players themselves.
    I also wonder what kind of effect Hanifan's retirement has had on the discipline of the offensive line.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I also wonder what kind of effect Hanifan's retirement has had on the discipline of the offensive line.
    I wonder what kind of effect Kurt Warners release has had on this team? :tongue:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    I wonder what kind of effect Kurt Warners release has had on this team? :tongue:
    I wonder what kind of effect a ban on the name "Kurt Warner" would have on this board? :confused:
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is online now Registered User

offense they are very well disciplined
    But is the head coah incharge of all teams, O,D and S. You like me just think of Martz as the Offense and that it, bit its his team all of it.

You disgruntled Ram fans can at least take solace over the fact that the worst part of our schedule is behind us. We have just survived the vaunted threesome of the Cardinals, Falcons and the Saints. Most of you probably realize that all 3 were and are touted as Super Bowl contenders. Luckily, we were able to get through this grueling beginning with one (1) victory. I look forward to playing some of the weaker teams in the league. :redface:

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I don't know Nick. Personally, I'd like to think that Hanifan instilled enough self-discipline among the lineman before he retired. Matsko, Hanifan's right hand man, is still there. However, I do find it puzzling, being that our line is comprised of seasoned veterans.

:ramlogo:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: I'm Disgusted!!!

Disgusted, indeed! Very disappointing.

Could not see nor hear the game. Just learned about the outcome on this Sunday evening and saw a few highlights on ESPN.

Bulger seemed to be fine, numbers wise. It looks like our D is not ready yet.

Now the next two games Vs. winless Frisco and undefeated Seattle -- both away -- are a MUST.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Then we play seemingly weak teams in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Miami Dolphins. Who knows what the hell's gonna happen. I thought I did, but after the last two games, I don't know what to expect.

Are we a good team? I don't know. Are we a bad team? I don't know.

I'M SO CONFUSED!

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Many will hate me but I said we would go 6-10 this year. I hoped that I would be wrong.

One thing a buddy of mine said (Redskins fan) if Bulger didn't have Holt and Bruce as his receivers he would SUCK. Those two make him look good as well as Looker occasionally. Warner did it with those guys and now he's doing it with lesser talent. But let's continue to look through rose-colored glasses and believe the RAMS are going to be good. Sorry it's not going to happen. Welcome back to the nineties.

Edit:I'm not saying Bulger had a bad game I'm just pointing out that if he didn't have Pro-Bowl receivers he is a average QB.
    Last edited by WisRamsFan; -09-27-2004 at 12:59 AM.

AshRam Guest

I remember people saying Vermeil was too much of a players coach. I remember him being ridiculed for crying. Yet his team was focused every time they took the field.

Focus is a two headed serpent. You have to be able to get yourself focused and you have to want to be focused. A good coach knows how to inspire his team. Maybe just maybe this team is not inspired.

Ash

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast